Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library sharing

Options
  • 22-11-2020 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭

My son is in college at moment with good internet
    I am thinking of getting him digital only Xbox one s if it drops to 100 euro
    We have game pass etc and don’t use it as our internet at hike is rubbish

Is it just a case of him logging in to it under my Xbox life account ? Can he use any of the physical games I have installed in current Xbox one ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭recyclops

Yeah you can do, game sharing is brilliant.

This will explain it all
    https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-gameshare-on-xbox-one

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

recyclops wrote: »
    Yeah you can do, game sharing is brilliant.

This will explain it all
    https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-gameshare-on-xbox-one

Thanks
    Its prob necessary to be an external hard drive on top of the 1TB internal ? Or are the games streamed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭recyclops

you download the games across both consoles so if space is an issue then yeah a external hdd would be best

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

recyclops wrote: »
    you download the games across both consoles so if space is an issue then yeah a external hdd would be best

Thanks
    I just read the link above and spotted that only digital games can be shared
    So that means all the ones I have now can’t be shared anyway
    So he will be restricted to Gamepass and Ea Access games for time being
    Won’t need external HD just yet

Advertisement