Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Window providers?

Options
  • 22-11-2020 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Does anyone know a cheap provider of PVC windows? I know Munster Joinery who do reasonable quotes. But all the other providers I know seem to charge a premium.

I am based in Dublin.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Cheap like second hand units?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭amsbam1

Gumbo wrote: »
    Cheap like second hand units?

No, I'm looking for New, Made to measure Windows. They're for an extension I'm doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

To a certain extent windows are something you get what you pay for. They're also the one thing you fit and forgot and expect to last a minimum of 20 years without issue and more often a lifetime. People refurb kitchens, bathrooms, replace floors, etc. but windows way less often.

Don't go for the cheapest you can find. Cut back on the kitchen worktop or something else and get better windows. You can get a new kitchen worktop in 5 years but you won't replace the windows

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

amsbam1 wrote: »
    No, I'm looking for New, Made to measure Windows. They're for an extension I'm doing.

Phone book and ring them all.
    Make sure your comparing spec for spec.

Sometimes you buy cheap you buy twice.
    I would rather spend extra on triple glazed windows and forgo the fancy sofa for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

amsbam1 wrote: »

Have you built the blockwork yet? Is there scope to adjust the block work?

There are quite a few people on done deal selling brand new windows/doors, often from good UK suppliers (Camden etc..) for very reasonable money. They often sell miss measured units or canceled orders, all brand new.

For made to measure windows around Dublin I've used Royal Windows in swords a few times and never had any problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement