Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Vaccine

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    resorting to insults now are we?

Wouldn't agree, they seem like pretty accurate observations about the views you are expressing and the deliberately evading of straightforward questions on them or attempting to make the slightest effort to back them up

It's almost like you know the claims are nonsense but you go with them anyway - if that's not dishonest behaviour then what is?

If they aren't nonsense, then come on, back them up, explain the reasoning behind..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

resorting to insults now are we?
    Nope. Just stating a fact.
    What would you call constant deflection and dodging away from points someone can't address?
    What would you call it when someone claims things that aren't true?

And you're doing it again with this post.
    You're feigning offense so you can deflect from the points I'm making now.

You can't address any point put to you. You have to resort to these tactics.
    Why do you believe in your conspiracy fantasies when you have to do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

it does appear like you have missed it, suggest going back and read through this

I had a look and couldn't find an actual answer.

So how about a straight answer to a simple question. Given that this is a conspiracy thread about a covid19 vaccine what should I be worried about by getting the vaccine? I am unlikely to be in the first billion people vaccinated in the world because of my age and health so tell me why I shouldn't get the vaccine or what the conspiracy behind not getting the vaccine is please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

There is no concrete conspiracy, that's why. Lex is just anti mask and anti vaccine. General paranoia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Someone just told me that flu cases are down because people are wearing masks, social distancing and washing hands

I asked why do they think COVID cases went up during the flu season
    People aren’t following mask, hand washing and social distancing procedures

I’ve pointed them here to join the super 6

Someone just told me that flu cases are down because people are wearing masks, social distancing and washing hands

Yup
    I asked why do they think COVID cases went up during the flu season
    People aren’t following mask, hand washing and social distancing procedures

Think. This is quite simple stuff. Why did Covid cases decrease and then start increasing again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Yup

Think. This is quite simple stuff. Why did Covid cases decrease and then start increasing again?

flu season kicked in ?

enno99 wrote: »
    flu season kicked in ?

Nope and note the correlation between conspiracy theorists and people who don't understand any of this stuff.

This is not complex, why did Covid rates start increasing again in the autumn? and bonus question: why have these cases started decreasing?

Nope and note the correlation between conspiracy theorists and people who don't understand any of this stuff.

This is not complex, why did Covid rates start increasing again in the autumn? and bonus question: why have these cases started decreasing?

Stop trying to be all knowing your making your self look foolish

The test is a crock I explained earlier people presenting with Flu are getting covid test and being diagnosed with Covid

Even the hobbit Fauchi says the tests are useless

• Advertisement

Stop trying to be all knowing your making your self look foolish

Again, it's not complex, why did Covid rates start increasing again in the autumn? and bonus question: why have these cases started decreasing?

Mr Donnelly also confirmed that the State had indemnified drug companies against any liabilities arising from complications with the vaccine.

Mr Donnelly also confirmed that the State had indemnified drug companies against any liabilities arising from complications with the vaccine.

And why are they doing this?

All of this has been addressed multiple times in these threads.

Yup

Because they ramped up and slowed down testing in and out of lockdown
    And before you ask how? Proof?

I know people working at 2 test centres and they confirmed this but I’m wasting my time anyway as the doubters will say otherwise

Again, it's not complex, why did Covid rates start increasing again in the autumn? and bonus question: why have these cases started decreasing?

https://www.britannica.com/science/autumn-season

While seasonal influenza (flu) viruses are detected year-round in the United States, flu viruses are most common during the fall and winter.

Covid test figures fall for seventh week
    The number of people being tested for Coronavirus in Cavan has fallen for the seventh consecutive week.

https://www.anglocelt.ie/2020/12/01/covid-test-figures-fall-for-seventh-week/

Because it tries to give people confidence that the vaccine is safe

If you trust this government then you don’t know your history

• Advertisement

Ah but why delete it in the later version of the article ?

I'm pretty sure if the smallpox or polio vaccines came out, there would be legal cases and conspiracy theories. That's effectively the rationale, they simply wouldn't be worth the risk if the pharma companies were sued for every 1 in a million side effect. On top of this, this would not apply if they were knowingly covering up side effects etc.

Nope, try again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

And before you ask how? Proof?

I know people working at 2 test centres and they confirmed this but I’m wasting my time anyway as the doubters will say otherwise

You don't think less testing as numbers went down in late October into November was as a result of lower numbers getting the disease, as a result of increased restrictions and as a result less contacts to be tested....

I'm pretty sure if the smallpox or polio vaccines came out, there would be legal cases and conspiracy theories. That's effectively the rationale, they simply wouldn't be worth the risk if the pharma companies were sued for every 1 in a million side effect. On top of this, this would not apply if they were knowingly covering up side effects etc.

let government take the risk so would you agree if someone is harmed they should be compensated

• Advertisement

Because it tries to give people confidence that the vaccine is safe

If you trust this government then you don’t know your history

Nope, this isn't some trick, and I don't even know what you are going on about in the above. All of this has been patiently explained in this thread. If you are paranoid this thread is all a "trick", you can go and ask on any medical forum.

let government take the risk so would you agree if someone is harmed they should be compensated

Again, the chances of side effects of vaccines are thousands of times less likely than dying from covid.
    No one seems to want to acknowledge this point...

Normally vaccine companies take on liabilities, but that's with normal vaccine development cycles. In this (exceptional) case they are being asked to speed up that process, so the government is taking on liability.

Nope, this isn't some trick, and I don't even know what you are going on about in the above. All of this has been patiently explained in this thread. If you are paranoid this thread is all a "trick", you can go and ask on any medical forum.

Or you could enlighten us ? you seem to know al the answers

Normally vaccine companies take on liabilities, but that's with normal vaccine development cycles. In this (exceptional) case they are being asked to speed up that process, so the government is taking on liability.

So you can sue the government if you are harmed ?
    Are taxpayers onboard with this ?

Or you could enlighten us ? you seem to know al the answers

It's next to impossible to believe some posters, who I presume are adults, in this thread are not trolling.

When cases surged in Mar/April, why did those cases start to decrease?

The answer is not "flu season", what is the answer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yes you can yes they are.

In certain cases the choice is a) no vaccine for the foreseeable future or b) government liability. It's a representative government, so they've made the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

They increased when the flu shots came out ... coincidence? ... and they decreased again due to herd immunity .. no need for vaccines

Again, why are you guys so worried about side effects when the chances of them are far far smaller than the effects of covid?
    You keep saying that covid isn't dangerous. So then this must mean the vaccine isn't dangerous either.

The fear here is not rational.

• Advertisement

They increased when the flu shots came out ... coincidence?

Lol are you suggesting it's not?

It's next to impossible to believe some posters, who I presume are adults, in this thread are not trolling.

When cases surged in Mar/April, why did those cases start to decrease?

The answer is not "flu season", what is the answer?

Tests were in short supply worldwide if you were following the news you would know this
    And stop asking silly questions

In certain cases the choice is a) no vaccine for the foreseeable future or b) government liability. It's a representative government, so they've made the decision.

have you a source for the government accepting liability ?

kippy wrote: »
    You don't think less testing as numbers went down in late October into November was as a result of lower numbers getting the disease, as a result of increased restrictions and as a result less contacts to be tested....

Less tests equals less positive cases
    What part of that do you not understand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Less tests equals less positive cases
    What part of that do you not understand?

And less positive cases means less tests....what part of that don't you understand?
    There were up on 112k test per 7 day week with a positivity rate of over 7 percent in late October.
    Last time I checked there were 75 odd k tests done in the past 7 days with a 2.6 percent positivity rate.
    I think there's a fairly static 15k tests a week reserved for environments where regular testing is required.

As case numbers go down so too does the requirement for testing in the community.....

Again the logic you are using is as flawed as it gets.....

Those of you saying less testing is the reason for reduced cases as opposed to people adhereing to restrictions is as flawed a logic as you get when the numbers show otherwise......

They increased when the flu shots came out ... coincidence? ... and they decreased again due to herd immunity .. no need for vaccines

It's nothing to do with the flu. Why did the Covid cases generally decrease after the initial rise?

have you a source for the government accepting liability ?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-astrazeneca-results-vaccine-liability-idUSKCN24V2EN

Tests were in short supply worldwide if you were following the news you would know this
    And stop asking silly questions

I'll ask again, it's quite simple, why did cases decrease after the first increase?

The number of people in ICU wards, on ventilators, started to fall after the first rise, why is that?

There are children who can answer these questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I heard off my friend that the vaccine can give you a rock hard erection and a serious urge to plough the living **** out of a few birds. Sounds quite fabulous to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Approved User Assesment

Yes you can yes they are.

Easily? Or would it be a very long drawn out process, lots of documents, reports, costs, time and labour?

https://www.thejournal.ie/swine-flu-narcolepsy-court-cases-4578353-Apr2019/

Interesting how almost every thread is identical. Conspiracy supporters with no coherent conspiracy, just resorting to being contrarian and pedantic for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Easily? Or would it be a very long drawn out process, lots of documents, reports, costs, time and labour?

I dunno, let me consult my magic 8 ball :rolleyes:

It would be pretty reasonable to expect for it to be proven that it's vaccine related... Out of interest, where do you stand on the hpv vaccine and mmr vaccine? Do you think we'd be better off without them?

I'll ask again, it's quite simple, why did cases decrease after the first increase?

The number of people in ICU wards, on ventilators, started to fall after the first rise, why is that?

There are children who can answer these questions.

God your thick

They found better treatments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Interesting how almost every thread is identical. Conspiracy media/government/narrative supporters with no the coherent conspiracy agenda, just resorting to being contrarian and pedantic the narrative for the sake of it.

Easy to argue

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote: »
    Again, the chances of side effects of vaccines are thousands of times less likely than dying from covid.
    No one seems to want to acknowledge this point...

Can you type any other reply ?

Where has influenza gone ??

"In Ireland, between 200 and 500 people, mainly older people, die from flu each winter.

Every year, around the world, flu causes between 3 and 5 million cases of severe disease and up to 646, 000 deaths."
    https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/pubinfo/adult/fluva/

NONE in Ireland this year ! WOW .....
    https://www.thejournal.ie/winter-flu-cases-ireland-2020-5296226-Dec2020/

"Professor Ian Barr, deputy director of the World Health Organisation’s collaborating centre for reference and research on influenza in Melbourne told The Guardian that flu cases had “fallen off a cliff since March”.

greenspurs wrote: »
    Of course I can. But not sure why I should just drop the point cause you cats want to run away from it.

Perhaps you could try addressing it?
    But I predict more deflection and running away.

Which is more dangerous, Covid or vaccines?
    The evidence says it's covid by a factor of at least 10000.
    You guys are saying it's the vaccine.

Why be more afraid of the vaccine than covid?

King Mob wrote: »
    Of course I can. But not sure why I should just drop the point cause you cats want to run away from it.

Perhaps you could try addressing it?
    But I predict more deflection and running away.

You use it as a reply to any other questions??
    Not clever really is it.

Wheres flu gone ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Where has influenza gone ??

"In Ireland, between 200 and 500 people, mainly older people, die from flu each winter.

Every year, around the world, flu causes between 3 and 5 million cases of severe disease and up to 646, 000 deaths."
    https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/pubinfo/adult/fluva/

NONE in Ireland this year ! WOW .....
    https://www.thejournal.ie/winter-flu-cases-ireland-2020-5296226-Dec2020/

"Professor Ian Barr, deputy director of the World Health Organisation’s collaborating centre for reference and research on influenza in Melbourne told The Guardian that flu cases had “fallen off a cliff since March”.

Coronavirus is the flu, just renamed.

You use it as a reply to any other questions??
    Not clever really is it.
    Only because you guys keep trying to deflect away from it.
    You keep trying to deflect away from it because you can't address it.
    You can't address it because your beliefs aren't true and are based on irrational nonsense.

If that's not the case, please address the point.
    Wheres flu gone ??
    We can address the point after we address the one that's been left hanging.
    From experience, I know that if I try to address this next point, you guys will likewise ignore the explanation and counter points and try to deflect from that one too.

The topic of the thread is not the flu, it's the vaccine.
    So, why are you more worried about the vaccine than covid when covid is ten thousand times more dangerous?

Again, I predict you won't answer and you'll deflect.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement