Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Vaccine

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

DR Judy Mikovits? She was saying the same thing.

Did she say the same nonsense as Dolores?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

she was taken out because she talked nonsense and embarrassed UCD. That is a very poor example to be relying on.

UCD is under the thumb of industry and sponsors, they did what they need to do to protect their funding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

You seem to be under the illusion that anyone wit Doctor in front of their name can't be wrong, or susceptible to the same flawed thinking that leads people to believe conspiracy theoriest, or that they can't be tempted by making some money from promoting conspiracy theories...

Ironic that.

UCD is under the thumb of industry and sponsors, they did what they need to do to protect their funding.

they did what they had to do to protect their image as a serious institute of education. why would they do otherwise? Do you think dolores was correct in what she said?

Did she say the same nonsense as Dolores?

You know she (dr Judy Mikovits) was arrested and held without charge. The pharmaceutical lobby is a powerful one.

• Advertisement

they did what they had to do to protect their image as a serious institute of education. why would they do otherwise? Do you think dolores was correct in what she said?

They did what they had to do to protect their corporate sponsors, That was the right thing for UCD to protect UCDs interests. why would they do other wise?

Without a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have never heard of her before but this gives a really detailed outline of some of her claims...
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05/fact-checking-judy-mikovits-controversial-virologist-attacking-anthony-fauci-viral
    Embarassing stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Dr Delores Cahill taken out of UCD. if she is gone out of the college then her research is gone too or taken over by someone else. I am sure there are other like dr Judy Mikovits.

Did you really just use a far right wing politician who has no experience with vaccination research as an example? What research has she done that is relevant to anything to do with covid19?

Dr Judy Mikovits seems to have made a name for herself by having her claims discredited.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judy_Mikovits

Are these really the type of people you choose to build your conspiracy theory?

They did what they had to do to protect their corporate sponsors, That was the right thing for UCD to protect UCDs interests. why would they do other wise?

Without a doubt.
    Cool. What evidence do you have for this.
    Is it none?

King Mob wrote: »
    You seem to be under the illusion that anyone wit Doctor in front of their name can't be wrong, or susceptible to the same flawed thinking that leads people to believe conspiracy theoriest, or that they can't be tempted by making some money from promoting conspiracy theories...

Ironic that.

I listen to all sides, look outside and see what is actually going on and then make up my own mind. I will watch videos of Dr Anthony Fauci right after a Delores Cahill one. I dont see anyone dying of Covid in Ireland. I dont know of anyone who has had covid or know anyone who knows anyone who died from covid who wasnt over 70 and had serious preexisting conditions.

Maybe that is just me?

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    I have never heard of her before but this gives a really detailed outline of some of her claims...
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05/fact-checking-judy-mikovits-controversial-virologist-attacking-anthony-fauci-viral
    Embarassing stuff.

She makes what Dolores said almost seem reasonable.

Do you honestly believe this is what is happening in places like UCD around the world and that's what the conspiracy theory is around the vaccine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Page 61 now. One debunked conspiracy about HCQ, no conspiracy about the Covid vaccine.

Without a doubt.

do you think that Dolores was right? It is a very simple question.

I listen to all sides, look outside and see what is actually going on and then make up my own mind.

Perhaps but on this forum the above translates into: "I scour fringe sites for isolated experts and professionals that support my extreme view and ignore scientific or factual consensus"

. I dont see anyone dying of Covid in Ireland. I dont know of anyone who has had covid or know anyone who knows anyone who died from covid who wasnt over 70 and had serious preexisting conditions.

Maybe that is just me?

Well the above is simply not true.
    Not sure why you're lying about that stuff.

Could you please explain what your conspiracy is?
    Do you believe there's something in the vaccine to cause depopulation?
    Or do you subscribe to the microchip idea?
    Or are you more of a "mark of the beast" guy?

aido79 wrote: »
    Did you really just use a far right wing politician who has no experience with vaccination research as an example? What research has she done that is relevant to anything to do with covid19?

Dr Judy Mikovits seems to have made a name for herself by having her claims discredited.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judy_Mikovits

Are these really the type of people you choose to build your conspiracy theory?

Define "far right"?

King Mob wrote: »
    Well the above is simply not true.
    Not sure why you're lying about that stuff.

Could you please explain what your conspiracy is?
    Do you believe there's something in the vaccine to cause depopulation?
    Or do you subscribe to the microchip idea?
    Or are you more of a "mark of the beast" guy?

The death rate isnt up on the same time last year. College lecturers are telling us 4% are dying from covid.

Well I believe we are giving up a lot of our civil rights without a date when they will be returned. I believe we are giving up a lot of the control of our currency without questioning it.

There is something already causing problems with depopulation with 1 in 6 Irish couples having problems with fertility.
    explain the microchip idea? Oh that already has happened with mobile phones.
    Mark of the Beast? It has happened before and it will happen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Do you have family members that may have done similar things or did they just take their supplements and carry on like they would have pre covid19?

I think you know the answer to that one
    What's your preferred brand of tinfoil?

and I got multiple warnings and infractions for posting things like this
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115618374&postcount=798

Double standards going on here, dont worry I wont be reporting it

The death rate isnt up on the same time last year. .

so the CSO are lying then?

• Advertisement

Define "far right"?

Why do you continue to dodge questions?
    Dolores Cahill is the chairperson of a right wing political party called The Irish Freedom party which you might already be aware of.
    Right wing politicians are generally anti vaccination. Can you show me anything that backs up her claims about covid19 bearing in mind it is outside her field of expertise?

The death rate isnt up on the same time last year. College lecturers are telling us 4% are dying from covid.

The death rate from Covid is not static, it's higher in certain countries (e.g. Italy) and lower in other countries (e.g. Germany), also more people died at the beginning of the pandemic, whereas now we have a better grasp of how to treat it more effectively
    Well I believe we are giving up a lot of our civil rights without a date when they will be returned. I believe we are giving up a lot of the control of our currency without questioning it.

How does wearing a mask infringe "civil rights"? It's simply one common sense method to reduce the spread of a virus, there's nothing political about it.

And where is the conspiracy? who is conspiring to do what, to whom, and why?

so the CSO are lying then?

CSO are reporting Covid deaths but they arent up on what was dying at the same last year.

I've said it already, only 4-5% will get it

Getting ready for the quoted reply - "Get what?"

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I think you know the answer to that one

and I got multiple warnings and infractions for posting things like this
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115618374&postcount=798

Double standards going on here, dont worry I wont be reporting it

No I don't know the answer to it. Does everyone is your family and your circle follow your way of thinking?

Feel free to report anything you see fit. There are no double standards.

CSO are reporting Covid deaths but they arent up on what was dying at the same last year.

they are by approx 1200

Dolores Cahill is the chairperson of a right wing political party called The Irish Freedom party which you might already be aware of.
    Right wing politicians are generally anti vaccination. Can you show me anything that backs up her claims about covid19 bearing in mind it is outside her field of expertise?

Far right party? So they have paramilitary wing like the brown shirts?
    They use violence and intimidation?
    They want to silence people and have a purge planned? (night of the broken glass)
    They are planning on destabilizing the current government? (night of the long knives)

I think Dr Anthony Fauci said at one point that masks were useless.

I've said it already, only 4-5% will get it

Getting ready for the quoted reply - "Get what?"

You should hear the terror I was told yesterday. The next stage is on the way and it will be more infectious.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    whereas now we have a better grasp of how to treat it more effectively

Can you elaborate more on these treatments?

• Advertisement

they are by approx 1200

In a population of 5 million? That isnt even a quarter of a percent. You must also remember we are having a fairly cold winter as well. it hit -5C the other night along with fuel poverty

No I don't know the answer to it. Does everyone is your family and your circle follow your way of thinking?

Feel free to report anything you see fit. There are no double standards.

Thankfully yes and I'm looking forward to a nice BIG xmas family gathering of 4-5 households all of us sharing the gravy boat and using the dinnerware from the host house

You should hear the terror I was told yesterday. The next stage is on the way and it will be more infectious.

apparently there is not enough evidence to suggest it is or it isnt going to be more infectious

Can you elaborate more on these treatments?

No. At every stage you demonstrate you have no understanding whatsoever of this virus or pandemic. When it gets explained, you "don't get it", and substitute in whatever conspiracy thinking.

In a population of 5 million? That isnt even a quarter of a percent. You must also remember we are having a fairly cold winter as well. it hit -5C the other night along with fuel poverty

why are you counting it as a percentage of population rather than as a percentage of deaths? that is a very poor understanding of statistics.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    No. At every stage you demonstrate you have no understanding whatsoever of this virus or pandemic. When it gets explained, you "don't get it", and substitute in whatever conspiracy thinking.

If not for me, maybe for everyone else since you are so learned on the subject of treatments

I'm sure many others out there, especially those suffering this disease would be very keen to know about these treatments

• Advertisement

Far right party? So they have paramilitary wing like the brown shirts?
    They use violence and intimidation?
    They want to silence people and have a purge planned? (night of the broken glass)
    They are planning on destabilizing the current government? (night of the long knives)

I think Dr Anthony Fauci said at one point that masks were useless.

Ok so far right might have been an incorrect term to use but they are definitely right wing. Would I be right to assume that you would be right leaning in your political beliefs? Your posts would definitely indicate that you are.

Yes and I believe Luke O'Neill said that too but both have changed their views after research proved they help limit the spread of the virus.
    Imagine that.. intelligent people like them being open minded enough to believe advice from people who know more about a topic than themselves and not look to pick holes in other experts research and jump to a conclusion that it's a conspiracy to get everyone to wear a mask.

Thankfully yes and I'm looking forward to a nice BIG xmas family gathering of 4-5 households all of us sharing the gravy boat and using the dinnerware from the host house

That will happen in many many households are the country so you're not unique. Do you think there will be a spike in cases after xmas? Any idea why we are being told to limit the number of people we invite into our homes? Is it part of the conspiracy?

Ok so far right might have been an incorrect term to use but they are definitely right wing. Would I be right to assume that you would be right leaning in your political beliefs? Your posts would definitely indicate that you are.

Yes and I believe Luke O'Neill said that too but both have changed their views after research proved they help limit the spread of the virus.
    Imagine that.. intelligent people like them being open minded enough to believe advice from people who know more about a topic than themselves and not look to pick holes in other experts research and jump to a conclusion that it's a conspiracy to get everyone to wear a mask.

So if I dont agree with you I am no better than Rupolph Hess?
    Would I have conservative beliefs? Some would say so. I prefer Libertarian.
    i believe in the right to free speech. If you want to stand in the corner of Hyde park on your orange box and read the communist agenda, that is your right and I will not take that from you. Do I believe you can practice any religion as long as you dont harm other citizens, public or private property then go ahead.

I am gettin' me some jack boots for christmas does that help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Whats the next stage going to be?

Whats the next stage going to be?

There has been a mutation been found on the Corona virus. Guanine or Thymine codon has switch and it is going to have the same lethality but WAaay more infectious.

• Advertisement

There has been a mutation been found on the Corona virus. Guanine or Thymine codon has switch and it is going to have the same lethality but WAaay more infectious.

viruses mutate. or is that a conspiracy as well?

viruses mutate. or is that a conspiracy as well?

Dont shoot the messenger, that is what was told to me yesterday in class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Mod: ok, this thread has veered widely off topic, with much of this discussion proper to the covid forum. This is the Conspiracy Theories forum so please present a Conspiracy theory and allow discussion on that or discuss the pro's and cons of the vaccine/masks etc in the appropriate forum.

Dont shoot the messenger, that is what was told to me yesterday in class.

Certainly explains a lot.

That will happen in many many households are the country so you're not unique.
    Great
    Do you think there will be a spike in cases after xmas?

We have already been told there will be a spike in cases, whatever I say wont change that
    Any idea why we are being told to limit the number of people we invite into our homes? Is it part of the conspiracy?

because they dont like to see anybody have a life
    Probably

Certainly explains a lot.

........and what do you do that you are an authority on Genetics? hey I am only tell you what a professor told the class.

........and what do you do that you are an authority on Genetics? hey I am only tell you what a professor told the class.

I'm no authority on genetics, never claimed to be, unlike some on here.

Genetics & treatments experts on a conspiracy theorists forum

Somehow I would have thought they would be a a bit busy for that

[
    There is something already causing problems with depopulation with 1 in 6 Irish couples having problems with fertility.
    explain the microchip idea? Oh that already has happened with mobile phones.
    Mark of the Beast? It has happened before and it will happen again.
    Oh. Ok. You believe all the conspiracies at once.

If not for me, maybe for everyone else since you are so learned on the subject of treatments

lol

We've been through countless explanations that even children can understand regarding the basics of how vaccines work and measures, yet you are continually "stumped".

It's a recurring case of "I don't get it, therefore conspiracy" the whole way throughout the thread. If you bothered to answer questions, people might be bothered to keep re-explaining the same stuff over and over, although I somehow doubt it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement