Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Vaccine

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

King Mob wrote: »
    You have lost all credibility at this point.
    :rolleyes:
    to you? I'm not really bothered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    When Margaret Keenan left the hospital after getting the vaccine, why did she need to wear a mask?

And all that hugging & kissing from her awaiting family. Surely thats not allowed under the current regime

Protect the elderly

The vaccine will protect you

Is everyone enjoying the show?

"That person is/isn't wearing a mask, the whole thing's a scam"

You seem to think this whole thing is some sort of "trick" and you're catching it out, but you can't explain what the trick is..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

:rolleyes:
    to you? I'm not really bothered
    No, to anyone reading.

Why would anyone take you seriously when you've had to be so dishonest and you don't even know what vaccines are?

One thousand points and not a single coherent conspiracy theory has been presented.

It should be excruciatingly clear that there is none.

• Site Banned Posts: 74 ✭✭Mickey_James

Question - if they don't know how long immunity lasts, how can they know if there's no long term effects?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Sorry try a little harder ......https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/11/25/theragripper-gi-tract-medicine-delivery/

Anything you see as current high technology has been in use 20 years by governments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

When Margaret Keenan left the hospital after getting the vaccine, why did she need to wear a mask?

And all that hugging & kissing from her awaiting family. Surely thats not allowed under the current regime

Protect the elderly

You do realise that vaccines don't immediately protect, right? Like, you do understand the basic fundamentals of how vaccines work?

you've had to be so dishonest

clarify this statement

circadian wrote: »
    You do realise that vaccines don't immediately protect, right? Like, you do understand the basic fundamentals of how vaccines work?

so if thats the case then why all the close contact, touching, kissing if she is in danger?

The xmas wishlist from the government is that you dont hug & kiss family members and keep grandad by the window

so if thats the case then why all the close contact, touching, kissing if she is in danger?

What on Earth are you yapping about?

• Advertisement

clarify this statement
    Well you've lied about the contents of your links.
    That is when you actually supply them. More often than not, you dodge and refuse to support what you claim.
    You've also dodged hundreds of questions and points because you can't address them.
    You've also refused to actually outline your position many times on many different things.
    And you also keep pretending to understand topics like vaccines when this is clearly not the case.

All of this is very dishonest.
    Not sure what else you'd call it.

It's all very typical behavior from people who claim to believe in conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Sorry try a little harder ......https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/11/25/theragripper-gi-tract-medicine-delivery/

Anything you see as current high technology has been in use 20 years by governments.

Theragrippers
    You have been saying Terragrippers the entire time..

One thousand points and not a single coherent conspiracy theory has been presented.

It should be excruciatingly clear that there is none.

But you're still here

Protect the elderly

Wearing a mask, she could be a carrier. Secondly a vaccine doesn't instantaneously work, takes a few weeks generally to build up antibodies. You don't seem very informed on vaccines...

In relation to family, they could be in her bubble and that's it. Not ideal but what a lot of people do.

gmisk wrote: »
    Theragrippers
    You have been saying Terragrippers the entire time..

I only heard a lecturer talk about it the other day during a conversation. I hadnt a chance to look it up yet. but I recall everything he told me about it in 5 minutes.

This has to be some of the most disingenuous bull**** I've seen in a while.

1. They are still wearing masks.
    2. Most likely, these people will be sharing a household.
    3. They were more than likely advised against this behaviour but, contrary to what some want to believe, they do not live under a Gestapo Dictatorship that will instantly punish transgressions like that.

I'd be almost certain that they are part of a single household and these are expressions of excitement and joy rather than some massive conspiracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

This isn't hard to understand so why are you trying to score points.
    It's been widely publicised that the vaccine is to be administered in 2 doses and that protection isn't fully effective until 28 days after vaccination.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-announce-vaccine-candidate-against

Maybe spend less time trying to actually research the facts and less time trying to find a conspiracy that it would seem from this thread can't be shown to exist.

Question - if they don't know how long immunity lasts, how can they know if there's no long term effects?

Well you are going to need a top-up for every corona virus for every year arent you?

• Advertisement

But you're still here
    Yes, because I'm curious why you guys are spreading misinformation despite knowing it's nonsense. I'm curious why you go to extremes of dishonest, basically embarrassing yourself and making yourself a laughing stock to profess a belief in a conspiracy that you 1) can't outline in a coherent way, 2) you have to be completely dishonest and ignorant to maintain and 3) don't actually believe in the first place because you know it's nonsense.

Additionally, misinformation shouldn't be given free reign. it should be questioned, challenged and pointed out how wrong and sometimes hilarious it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It would have helped if you spelled it correctly. So what is the conspiracy with this?

I only heard a lecturer talk about it the other day during a conversation. I hadnt a chance to look it up yet. but I recall everything he told me about it in 5 minutes.

Did he say it is part of the conspiracy? Maybe ask him what his opinion is on the conspiracy since he seems to have knowledge of what may be possible.

You can ask.... Lets say it was an Irish University and not a printing press one.

It's grand, you already told us.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114725863

What I am trying to say is that if she wasnt at risk, then why release her after 2 days?

Even a child understands the logic of that

So immunity typically from a vaccine takes 2 weeks to build up, then at 90yrs of age she is still in one of the most at risk categories, but she is allowed out and getting hugged, kissed and touched by her family, when up until then they couldnt get near her apart from through a glass window

if this thread wasnt funny, I dont think I'd waste my time in here

Well you are going to need a top-up for every corona virus for every year arent you?

Says who?

• Advertisement

What I am trying to say is that if she wasnt at risk, then why release her after 2 days?

Even a child understands the logic of that

So immunity typically from a vaccine takes 2 weeks to build up, then at 90yrs of age she is still in one of the most at risk categories, but she is allowed out and getting hugged, kissed and touched by her family, when up until then they couldnt get near her apart from through a glass window

if this thread wasnt funny, I dont think I'd waste my time in here

Ah right, so everyone that gets vaccinated should take up hospital space in a health system that's being crippled by the very virus they're receiving a vaccine for?

Again, she is most likely living with her family. The risk remains the same regardless of vaccination status, until she has the antibodies. In fact, a home setting is probably much safer than a healthcare one in relation to catching the virus. The 2 day stay I would imagine is to monitor in case of a reaction to the vaccine than anything else.

aido79 wrote: »
    Did he say it is part of the conspiracy? Maybe ask him what his opinion is on the conspiracy since he seems to have knowledge of what may be possible.

No, I am smart enough to pick my battles.

Says who?

Well the Virus is going to "mutate" so you will need a new vaccine?

So you're willing to paraphrase him but unwilling to challenge what was actually said? Why is that?

Lol why are you putting mutate in scare quotes?
    Are you saying that the virus can't do this? Or won't?
    Or are you claiming that all the scientists all over the world who are involved in your ridiculous conspiracy are going to falsely claim that it mutated?

I thought you were supposed to be good at biology, yet now I'm starting to doubt that you understand what vaccines are and how they work...

• Advertisement

Why do you need to fight with him over it. Just ask for your own knowledge what is possible and what's not. It's very common in my experience for people to ask opinions off people who are more know about a subject. I find it also helps to stop the spread of false information and conspiracies.

So you're willing to paraphrase him but unwilling to challenge what was actually said? Why is that?
    Only a rebel online.

Claims all this online but won't actually bring it up in class.

Again how do you know this? Is this another part of the conspiracy to ensure that the big pharmaceutical companies make money year after year?
    How often do you get measles or polio vaccinations?

Only a rebel online.

Claims all this online but won't actually bring it up in class.

I'm 99% certain this user has taken something their Professor has said in class and found a way to use it to justify their own hypothesis without actually;

Doing any of their own research,
    Maintaining the context of what was said.

Worst case scenario is that there is a lecturer in Maynooth who is supporting and spreading misinformation, which if this is the case, I'm sure the Head of Biology in Maynooth (Prof. Moynagh) would like to know about it.

Much like UCD distancing itself from Delores Cahill.

Again how do you know this? Is this another part of the conspiracy to ensure that the big pharmaceutical companies make money year after year?
    How often do you get measles or polio vaccinations?

Just got told they found a new variant of it yesterday.
    People get the flu vaccine every year this will be the new normal

Why do you need to fight with him over it. Just ask for your own knowledge what is possible and what's not. It's very common in my experience for people to ask opinions off people who are more know about a subject. I find it also helps to stop the spread of false information and conspiracies.

Have you actually been to University? Its not a place for debate anymore. The advice I got was going to college was, sup the soup being a good boy and dont upset anyone.

Have you actually been to University? Its not a place for debate anymore. The advice I got was going to college was, sup the soup being a good boy and dont upset anyone.

No, sorry. That's just code for "don't expose your wacky paranoid conspiracy beliefs because you know you'll be laughed at, or worse, you might start to doubt the conspiracy."

Also, no, you're not like a person living in the Famine because your conspiracy theories aren't taken seriously by most grown ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

And what part of this is a conspiracy?

No, sorry. That's just code for "don't expose your wacky paranoid conspiracy beliefs because you know you'll be laughed at, or worse, you might start to doubt the conspiracy."

Also, no, you're not like a person living in the Famine because your conspiracy theories aren't taken seriously by most grown ups.

Easy for you to say when your boots aren't on the ground in college. how about you go up to your boss and tell him how the company should be run? Same difference. There is a time for everything.

Easy for you to say when your boots aren't on the ground in college. how about you go up to your boss and tell him how the company should be run? Same difference. There is a time for everything.
    Mm hm. I'm sure you tell yourself this and that you are a very brave rebel.

In reality you are just too afraid to actually stand behind your conspiracy theories because people will rightly laugh them out of the room.

• Advertisement

I'm currently a mature student and would have no problem asking a lecturer to clarify something I was struggling to understand or wanted more info on. Most lecturers love being asked questions as it gives them a chance to show their knowledge and usually helps advance the entire classes learning rather than just reading off a PowerPoint presentation.

That's the worst advice I have ever heard. Why would you not question what you are being taught particularly if you don't understand it very well which, no offense, seems to be the case?

I wonder if this will mean they will have to get a new database of cough recordings for the AI voice recognition software to be able to diagnose for COVID for this new strain or will the existing one suffice?

I work in higher education, including with NUIM and would state that they are a place that supports healthy debate. Who exactly told you to "sup the soup being a good boy and dont upset anyone."? I sincerely doubt that was in any official capacity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm currently a mature student and would have no problem asking a lecturer to clarify something I was struggling to understand or wanted more info on. Most lecturers love being asked questions as it gives them a chance to show their knowledge and usually helps advance the entire classes learning rather than just reading off a PowerPoint presentation.

That's the worst advice I have ever heard. Why would you not question what you are being taught particularly if you don't understand it very well which, no offense, seems to be the case?

Is that not the whole point of college? to learn how to think for yourselves and question perceived wisdom?

I wonder if this will mean they will have to get a new database of cough recordings for the AI voice recognition software to be able to diagnose for COVID for this new strain or will the existing one suffice?

How does that fit in with the conspiracy?

Is that not the whole point of college? to learn how to think for yourselves and question perceived wisdom?

That's what I always thought. I was told by a lecturer many years ago that most of what we learned in college would be obsolete(electronics) in a few years but the whole point of college was to get us into a way of thinking.

Not the same thing. Have an open disagreement with them in class and see where it gets you. I had a mate who told a lecturer that there werent 27 different genders. He switched subjects fast enough.

Not the same thing. Have an open disagreement with them in class and see where it gets you. I had a mate who told a lecturer that there werent 27 different genders. He switched subjects fast enough.
    I had a mate who's head fell off cause he watched too many conspiracy videos.
    Better watch out for that.

That's what I always thought. I was told by a lecturer many years ago that most of what we learned in college would be obsolete(electronics) in a few years but the whole point of college was to get us into a way of thinking.

How does that fit in with the conspiracy?

• Advertisement

Ahem on what course? I had some fairly mad ideas on GcMAF and David Noakes.They like to be asked questions not to have their subject questioned , big difference.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement