Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Vaccine

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Well I am looking forward to hearing an explanation from a qualified doctor on where a two inch shadow over my lung, I also saw the xray myself, it was there and it was there one year and gone by the next time I saw here. I never went back to see her again. I was convinced it was black mould that was causing it.

This is from the link I provided earlier:

"There is no cure for sarcoidosis, but most people do very well with no treatment or only modest treatment. In some cases, sarcoidosis goes away on its own."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sarcoidosis/symptoms-causes/syc-20350358#:~:text=Advertisement&text=There%20is%20no%20cure%20for,and%20may%20cause%20organ%20damage.

But if you want to continue thinking the homeopath cured you that's your choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

aido79 wrote: »
    This is from the link I provided earlier:

"There is no cure for sarcoidosis, but most people do very well with no treatment or only modest treatment. In some cases, sarcoidosis goes away on its own."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sarcoidosis/symptoms-causes/syc-20350358#:~:text=Advertisement&text=There%20is%20no%20cure%20for,and%20may%20cause%20organ%20damage.

But if you want to continue thinking the homeopath cured you that's your choice.

which do you think there is more money in, steroids costing €70 a week or a simple household product ? So who was conning who?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Quiner wrote: »
    I agree. But I would argue that the way they count deaths in England continues to be a farce since anyone who dies within 28 days of testing positive for covid there is said to have died of covid regardless of how they actually died. That's why the number of covid deaths in England is inflated and inaccurate. That's the point I've been making about '1.5 million have died of covid'. There needs to be an asterisk attached which says "includes people in England who died within 28 days of testing positive for covid".

You’ve been shown the official UK death statistics up to week 50 this year and those show 70 k increase on the average for the past 5 years. You still ignore these and ****e on about how deaths have been labelled and defined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Panrich wrote: »
    You’ve been shown the official UK death statistics up to week 50 this year and those show 70 k increase on the average for the past 5 years. You still ignore these and ****e on about how deaths have been labelled and defined.

Don't worry, it takes a while for him to accept he is wrong, but rest assured that won't deter him. He'll move on to something else shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

which do you think there is more money in, steroids costing €70 a week or a simple household product ? So who was conning who?

I really don't understand why you are quoting my post but if you have proof that a simple household product does a better job than steroids you should probably make that information public. Maybe you should even write a paper about it as part of your science degree. At least that would force you to do proper research for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Genuinely concerning to read up on people who are weary of vaccines but at the same time are talking up homeopathy as some miracle cure for their illness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

begbysback wrote: »
    An yet you posted that Covid was responsible for the actual killing of 1.6 million people, which we know not to be factual.
    You're right. It isn't factual and I corrected my mistake.

The current figure is more than 1.7 million.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I apologise for the confusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Do you think politicians get the same vaccine as the general public?

I think its self explanatory

and the article proves that they dont

This one of the problems with the world.
    There are articles out there that state the world is flat.
    Does that prove that the world is flat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,206 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

A popular Aussie chef has just had his FB page pulled for being a complete woo merchant

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-55433217

It's never just Covid conspiracies, it's always the whole 9 yards:
    Evans had shared a range of debunked theories about the severity of the virus, mask-wearing and vaccines, as well as incorrect claims about 5G networks.
    Prior to the pandemic, several Australian health bodies had criticised Evans - known as "Paleo Pete" - for promoting pseudo-science about diets and cancer cures.

In 2017, the Australian Medical Association accused Evans of endangering lives with his false claims about the benefits of certain minerals and toxins in sunscreen.
    In April, his company was fined by Australian regulators for selling a A$15,000 (£8,400; $11,300) light machine which he incorrectly claimed could cure the "Wuhan coronavirus".

Then in November, he lost several business sponsorships after he shared a meme on social media that featured a neo-Nazi symbol.

His post included a "black sun" - a symbol associated with Nazi Germany and used by the far-right including the Christchurch gunman. Following a backlash, he offered an apology to "anyone who misinterpreted" the post.

His cookbooks were pulled by major retailers after that post, and his publisher Pan Macmillan said it had ended his author contract.

Evans was also fired from the next Australian season of television show I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    A popular Aussie chef has just had his FB page pulled for being a complete woo merchant

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-55433217

It's never just Covid conspiracies, it's always the whole 9 yards:
    "Don't believe what doctors tell you! They're just trying to scam you out of your money!"
    "Also please buy my magic flashlight that cures cancer!"

And the counter-argument is always the same: "But free speech".

It's a private platform, they have every right to remove dangerous medical disinformation. Thousands of people have so far been injured and even killed trying fake Corona and medical cures.
    https://www.sciencealert.com/covid-19-rumours-have-killed-800-people-hospitalised-almost-6-000-scientists-warn

As for the free speech aspect, for all their rhetoric, these conspiracy believers can be among the worst offenders, just here; repeatedly trying to shut down scrutiny or challenges to their claims, blocking posters, openly calling for public forums to be turned into private echo chambers, etc

Masks stop 99.9% of large Covid linked droplets according to this recent study

https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rsos.201663

And before the anti-maskers chime in, no we don't wear masks 24/7, it's simply not feasible. Covid also spreads in other ways. It's about reducing spread and lowering the R number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

World’s Second Largest Hydroxychloroquine Plant in Taiwan Blows Up:

https://medicalkidnap.com/2020/12/22/worlds-second-largest-hydroxychloroquine-plant-in-taiwan-blows-up/
    https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4082989

But surely who needs hydroxychloroquine when when we have magical potion from Pfizer..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,187 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

zom wrote: »
    World’s Second Largest Hydroxychloroquine Plant in Taiwan Blows Up:

https://medicalkidnap.com/2020/12/22/worlds-second-largest-hydroxychloroquine-plant-in-taiwan-blows-up/
    https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4082989

But surely who needs hydroxychloroquine when when we have magical potion from Pfizer..

Omg I’ve never seen that news source before now I’m completely awakened and will no longer listen to Dobson on rte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Omg I’ve never seen that news source before now I’m completely awakened and will no longer listen to Dobson on rte

Sure believe only Zuckerberg, Gates and Bezos media. World richest people never lie..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Are people still wearing masks to protect those around them from spreading Covid to them instead of staying at home and isolating if they really think they are a threat to people spreading Covid?

When you take the vaccine will you continue to wear a mask to protect people as you won’t know who has or hasn’t got the vaccine yet or cant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,187 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

zom wrote: »
    Sure believe only Zuckerberg, Gates and Bezos media. World richest people never lie..

You know there’s bull**** mainstream AND bull**** alt media? The truth is somewhere in between

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Are people still wearing masks to protect those around them from spreading Covid to them instead of staying at home and isolating if they really think they are a threat to people spreading Covid?

You should set up a survey with one of the reputable survey companies if you want to get a half decent idea of what people are doing.

I would hazard a guess that they wear them both to protect others and themselves to a lesser extent.

People have lives to live. Why would they lock themselves in isolation unless that have covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

King Mob wrote: »
    You're right. It isn't factual and I corrected my mistake.

The current figure is more than 1.7 million.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I apologise for the confusion.

How many died because of covid not died with covid ?

You should set up a survey with one of the reputable survey companies if you want to get a half decent idea of what people are doing.

People have lives to live. Why would they lock themselves in isolation unless that have covid?

Tried to a poll here but it was pulled

The majority consensus and what government etc are saying is the mask is to protect others, not the wearer
    So the assumption is if you wear it you assume you have it

Why would a healthy person wear a mask?

• Advertisement

When you take the vaccine will you continue to wear a mask to protect people as you won’t know who has or hasn’t got the vaccine yet or cant?

Depends on the results of the vaccine transmissibility, obviously.

Tried to a poll here but it was pulled

The majority consensus and what government etc are saying is the mask is to protect others, not the wearer
    So the assumption is if you wear it you assume you have it

Why would a healthy person wear a mask?

We just do it to annoy gullible people that fall for conspiracies like yourself. We are one big collective and speak as one :)

How many died because of covid not died with covid ?

1.7 million. WHO guidelines are that only deaths where covid is a major factor are recorded as covid deaths. But you know that already, you just believe grifters.

We just do it to annoy gullible people that fall for conspiracies like yourself. We are one big collective and speak as one :)

I was expecting a mature response from you at least

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Depends on the results of the vaccine transmissibility, obviously.

If the people are vaccinated then they are safe hence no need for masks surely as they are not at risk of covid if vaccinated surely? If thats the case then the vaccine is pointless because it won't stop you getting covid if you still need a mask

I was expecting a mature response from you at least

Why so serious?

No matter what I responded you would have an issue with because you want to have an issue. So I went with the more humorous response.

As they were excluded from testing for transmission interruption, it’s highly likely it won’t prevent

Why so serious?

No matter what I responded you would have an issue with because you want to have an issue. So I went with the more humorous response.

What’s happening is hilarious :rolleyes:

What’s happening is hilarious :rolleyes:

I thought what is happening is nothing really to be worried about and so there is no need for vaccines. Make up your mind!

GT89 wrote: »
    If the people are vaccinated then they are safe hence no need for masks surely as they are not at risk of covid if vaccinated surely? If thats the case then the vaccine is pointless because it won't stop you getting covid if you still need a mask

Where have you been for the last 9 months? Buried in alt-right sites? Until we know that vaccinated people cannot spread the virus they should wear a mask. The vaccine stop you from getting sick, do you understand this basic concept. My 6 year old does, will i get her to explain it to you? If, as so far seems to be the case, the vaccine drops transmissions rates then we won't need masks.

You don't understand what masks are for. I dont wear a mask for me, I wear it so people, even people like you, won't get sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭valor rorghulis

Thinking of the guys who took the swine flu vaccine and got narcolepsy I won't be going near this

Sympathetic with the conspiracy theorists on this. Media headlines and articles seem far too co-ordinated with very little dissent. The great-reset creeps are openly stating it should be used to advance their agenda so not sure if that counts as a CT

Government indemnifying big pharma for potential ill effects was another major red flag. As someone who's been over-taxed for almost a decade due to the mistakes of the Irish government that was treasonous as far as I'm concerned

Thinking of the guys who took the swine flu vaccine and got narcolepsy I won't be going near this

Sympathetic with the conspiracy theorists on this. Media headlines and articles seem far too co-ordinated with very little dissent. The great-reset creeps are openly stating it should be used to advance their agenda so not sure if that counts as a CT

Government indemnifying big pharma for potential ill effects was another major red flag. As someone who's been over-taxed for almost a decade due to the mistakes of the Irish government that was treasonous as far as I'm concerned

The increased risk of narcolepsy due to vaccination was 1 in 18400 or 0.005%.[5]

If you get covid what's the risk to you?

The increased risk of narcolepsy due to vaccination was 1 in 18400 or 0.005%.[5]

Also, what is the risk to those around him/her or their contacts, or their contacts contacts, etc?

There were over 80 known cases, people with their lives ruined.

This vaccine is way more experimental. For all we know if might make us more prone to brain cancer after 5 years. Unlikely of course, but anything unresearched I consider a greater risk than that of me contracting covid. Which I possibly already have at the moment.

There were over 80 known cases, people with their lives ruined.

This vaccine is way more experimental. For all we know if might make us more prone to brain cancer after 5 years. Unlikely of course, but anything unresearched I consider a greater risk than that of me contracting covid. Which I possibly already have at the moment.

It mimics a covid19 immune response. Logically getting covid would be far worse with the same long term implications.

Vaccines aren't 100% free of issues. Nor is covid. It's a numbers game.

Again, if you get covid what's the risk to you?

You don't understand what masks are for. I dont wear a mask for me, I wear it so people, even people like you, won't get sick.

Have you heard what Luke O’Neill said?

Masks every year during flu season

What’s your thoughts on that?

Apparently flu has disappeared but he will still try having everyone wearing one

It mimics a covid19 immune response. Logically getting covid would be far worse with the same long term implications.

It sure is

99.9% survival versus a made up 95% efficacy plus side effects

Apparently flu has disappeared but he will still try having everyone wearing one

What has that to do with the covid vaccine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

It could be that people will be coerced into having it in order to take part in the new normal Health Passport Ireland society, whereby doing almost anything, if how the creators of Health Passport Ireland envisage their app being used (see the promo video) becomes a reality, will hinge on the light flashing green.

• Advertisement

What's the point of this question? Do you want me to risk my health so some spoiled boomer can live for an extra 6 months before keeling over from whatever underlying condition they have?

It sure is

99.9% survival versus a made up 95% efficacy plus side effects

Wrong. Don't be so disingenuous

What has that to do with the covid vaccine?

Luke is the states vaccine spokesman

Quiner wrote: »
    It could be that people will be coerced into having it in order to take part in the new normal Health Passport Ireland society, whereby doing almost anything, if how the creators of Health Passport Ireland envisage their app being used (see the promo video) becomes a reality, will hinge on the light flashing green.

It could be that if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.

We already have vaccination requirements in this country. That is a good thing.

Luke is the states vaccine spokesman

No he is not. He is just one expert. Also he was talking about the flu virus as you said. Without knowing the interview, I would guess he said something along the lines of it being a good idea to wear masks as evidence has shown a significant reduction in non/covid respiratory viruses since so many are wearing masks.

My thoughts are that flu is far less deadly then covid and we have numerous vaccines for it. It is also a fact that mask usage has almost irradicated flu here this year. Putting two and two together I think Mr O'Neill is trying to sterilise us all.

• Advertisement

Masks eradicate flu but have done a poor job with covid

I think they need to rethink their strategy

Masks eradicate flu but have done a poor job with covid

I think they need to rethink their strategy

You conveniently ignore that there is a flu vaccine too, and it has been given to children as young as two, right up to the oldest people in Ireland.

Imagine with that success, what the success could be with the covid vaccine and masks!

We already have vaccination requirements in this country. That is a good thing.

What are they?

No he is not. He is just one expert. Also he was talking about the flu virus as you said. Without knowing the interview, I would guess he said something along the lines of it being a good idea to wear masks as evidence has shown a significant reduction in non/covid respiratory viruses since so many are wearing masks.

It wasn’t an interview
    It was him talking to a group of secondary school students with his deluded ideas of unremovable wrist bracelets to show proof of vaccine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Where have you been for the last 9 months? Buried in alt-right sites? Until we know that vaccinated people cannot spread the virus they should wear a mask. The vaccine stop you from getting sick, do you understand this basic concept. My 6 year old does, will i get her to explain it to you? If, as so far seems to be the case, the vaccine drops transmissions rates then we won't need masks.

If the vaccine stops you from getting sick then no need for masks as if you do spread covid the people around you won't get sick as they are vaccinated

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement