Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Vaccine

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,495 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    if nobody on here thinks that in 10yrs that
    Conspiracy theorists have been claiming this has been "10 years away" for the last 30 years.
    And before it was chips, it was barcodes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

It's embarrassing for you that this has to be explained to you but you do realise that the chip is not injected into the person?

you seem to waste a lot of time on comments posted by someone you think isnt being taken seriously
    Yes. Because I'm interested in why you continue to profess a belief in something you know isn't true.

So why do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

you seem to waste a lot of time on comments posted by someone you think isnt being taken seriously

Why are you evading the questions..

Have you watched that video you posted? what is going on in the video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

pwurple wrote: »
    Of course. I see the database designs with my own eyeballs so I know what's in there. And I have an iota of common sense to boot. It's nowhere near expensive enough.

I also don't have the arrogance to assume that my nondescript mundane existence is of any value. I'm a bog standard human being living with family in a tiny peripheral European city. Big whoop, nobody gives two hoots what I do unless they can sell me something. Consumer habits are already easily tracked by my phone, or internet activity.

The self-importance levels of the utterly unimportant seems to be an inverse relationship. What is it, a mental defence mechanism or something? " Someone, somewhere is super-duper interested in me!" Is the thought that might not be true too much to take?

Is it not that people believe a chip could be used to control people as opposed to tracking them? For example, say something the government doesn't like and the chip is turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭valor rorghulis

King Mob wrote: »
    If you actually answered questions directly instead of ignoring them and running away, then perhaps people will have a better idea of what your position is.

However, you have been ignoring points and now you're running away.

You can't provide a more accurate number.
    I wonder why that is.

I don’t think you’re aware of how silly your line of argument is coming across

It’s widely accepted by virtually everyone that due to the way the deaths are reported the 1.7m is people who died with covid, not necessarily from it. Even people as pro lockdown and precautions as Leo varadkar in Ireland have stated just that.

Then you try to gaslight the posters pointing this out by demanding they show the figures for people who died from it, fully knowing that the way the deaths are being officially recorded it is impossible to do so.

When you’re being that intellectually dishonest I honestly can’t see why you’d bother posting on the thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Another link to an article you haven't read which contradicts what you have claimed as truth.

Scarlet for your ma.

if nobody on here thinks that in 10yrs that implantable chips under the skin wont be the norm to show vaccine status, they have their heads in the sand

the unremovable bracelets are just the start, when these wont work, then its the chips
    You were pushing it for the current vaccine... Also would say your claim is far from definite tbh. Building technology into a human body has had incredibly mixed success. Particularly the likes of what you're describing.

• Advertisement

You were pushing it for the current vaccine... Also would say your claim is far from definite tbh. Building technology into a human body has had incredibly mixed success. Particularly the likes of what you're describing.

It's daft, if you wanted to track that you'd just tie it to a PPSN.

It’s widely accepted by virtually everyone that due to the way the deaths are reported the 1.7m is people who died with covid, not necessarily from it. Even people as pro lockdown and precautions as Leo varadkar in Ireland have stated just that.

Then you try to gaslight the posters pointing this out by demanding they show the figures for people who died from it, fully knowing that the way the deaths are being officially recorded it is impossible to do so.

When you’re being that intellectually dishonest I honestly can’t see why you’d bother posting on the thread

The current global estimate is 1.7 mm deaths as a result of Covid. If you have alternative figures, please provide, with the methodology

Posters repeatedly attacking this figure are often promoting disinfo about Covid, other denialism about the virus and conspiracies

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    The current global estimate is 1.7 mm deaths as a result of Covid. If you have alternative figures, please provide, with the methodology

Posters repeatedly attacking this figure are often promoting disinfo about Covid, other denialism about the virus and conspiracies

Make sure to wipe down your keyboard after typing all that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,693 ✭✭✭storker

Instead of getting hung up on the technology, why don't you concentrate on the much more relevant bit; proving that there is an intention to insert it into people against their will using a vaccine as cover?

What have you got on that? More nudge-nudge, wink-wink innuendo, no doubt...

But it's not widely accepted.
    And that's not true.
    The 1.7 million figure is people who died of covid.

That's not what gaslighting is.

And yes, I know they can't provide a more accurate number because their conspiracy theories aren't true and they aren't based on facts.

If anyone can give a better estimate of the numbers based on some actual good sources, then I'm all ears.
    But it's not likely to show that the numbers are the 1000s of times less they'd need to be to make covid less dangerous than vaccines.

Now, do you believe that the number is being inflated on purpose?

Do you believe the vaccine is dangerous?

But it's not widely accepted.
    And that's not true.
    The 1.7 million figure is people who died of covid.

That's not what gaslighting is.

And yes, I know they can't provide a more accurate number because their conspiracy theories aren't true and they aren't based on facts.

If anyone can give a better estimate of the numbers based on some actual good sources, then I'm all ears.
    But it's not likely to show that the numbers are the 1000s of times less they'd need to be to make covid less dangerous than vaccines.

Now, do you believe that the number is being inflated on purpose?

Do you believe the vaccine is dangerous?

The general methodology across the world is that if there’s any ambiguity around the death you put it down as due to covid if they recently tested positive for it. So we have a scenario where people with advanced lung cancer and Alzheimer’s are getting recorded as covid deaths. Most reasonable people know that these people really died of the aforementioned conditions and their deaths certainly shouldn’t be used as a basis to enforce public policy. That’s what we mean by with covid rather than from covid.

I’d the vaccine dangerous? In the immediate sense I don’t think so though there are concerns around fertility notes by the producers to be acknowledged and it seems it’s causing a lot of Bell’s palsy cases, however I acknowledge that effect hasn’t been demonstrated to be statistically significant yet.

The “danger” for me is that there is no research on the long term effects, and the government indemnifying big pharma in case of liability really gave me the shudders. They said they were doing it to reassure the public when that indemnity actually takes away any incentive for the vaccine providers to ensure it’s safe.

So I won’t be taking it, and I think it’s morally wrong for there to be any service or travel restrictions to be placed on anyone who refuses

• Advertisement

The general methodology across the world is that if there’s any ambiguity around the death you put it down as due to covid if they recently tested positive for it. So we have a scenario where people with advanced lung cancer and Alzheimer’s are getting recorded as covid deaths. Most reasonable people know that these people really died of the aforementioned conditions and their deaths certainly shouldn’t be used as a basis to enforce public policy. That’s what we mean by with covid rather than from covid.
    But that's all simply not true.
    That is not how the 1.7 million figure has been calculated.

You dodged my question. I find people doing that to be very very intellectually dishonest.
    Do you believe that the number is being inflated on purpose?
    The “danger” for me is that there is no research on the long term effects,
    But this is also not true.
    Vaccines that do have side effects in the vast vast majority of cases have their side effects show up inside a few months.
    There isn't many (if any) examples of any vaccines causing side effects to appear out of nowhere years down the line.

What long term effects are you concerned about?

Several conspiracy theorists have claimed that the vaccine will be used to depopulate the world. Do you believe that this is a rational thing to claim?
    How about the claim that the vaccine will alter our Dna?
    Or the claim that the vaccine contains nanotech tracking devices?

But that's all simply not true.
    That is not how the 1.7 million figure has been calculated.

https://www.thejournal.ie/covid-19-deaths-ireland-hiqa-5140490-Jul2020/

So Varadkar said this in response to a study which showed inflation of covid deaths:

“In Ireland we counted all deaths, in all settings, suspected cases even when no lab test was done, and included people with underlying terminal illnesses who died with Covid but not of it.”

Varadkar added that this was the “right approach but skewed the numbers”, saying the priority was “to save lives, not look good in league tables”.”

So it’s not exactly sinister, but it’s same approach in many countries and why I don’t accept the 1.7mil figure as caused *by* covid deaths. Many of those folks sadly would have died anyway, and I think from this reporting method you can see why we can only estimate the real death level
    You dodged my question. I find people doing that to be very very intellectually dishonest.
    Do you believe that the number is being inflated on purpose?

Sorry bru, genuinely didn’t see it first time around.
    Hard to say, I mean seems illogical to me to report deaths the way Varadkar has described, and you’d wonder why.
    But this is also not true.
    Vaccines that do have side effects in the vast vast majority of cases have their side effects show up inside a few months.
    There isn't many (if any) examples of any vaccines causing side effects to appear out of nowhere years down the line.

What long term effects are you concerned about?

The narcolepsy cases emerging in those who took swine flu alone is enough to outweigh the potential risks for a long term unstudied vaccine compared to covid 19 risks for me. To give context if it was airborne Ebola I’d take it or highly transmissible MERS I’d think carefully about it. I’ve taken MMR as a child and voluntarily taken hep A/B vaccines as an adult

For covid I feel quitting smoking, improving lifestyle and supplementing with vitamin D, Zinc and a few other things is sufficient.
    Several conspiracy theorists have claimed that the vaccine will be used to depopulate the world. Do you believe that this is a rational thing to claim?
    How about the claim that the vaccine will alter our Dna?
    Or the claim that the vaccine contains nanotech tracking devices?

No to all of these. The only conspiracy I’d entertain around it is big pharma collusion with media and governments to make shed loads of cash

storker wrote: »
    Instead of getting hung up on the technology, why don't you concentrate on the much more relevant bit; proving that there is an intention to insert it into people against their will using a vaccine as cover?

What have you got on that? More nudge-nudge, wink-wink innuendo, no doubt...

who says that it will be against peoples will

you will be chipped one day to prove you got a vaccine

Why chipped? You could add it to people's DSP profile right now with minimal work.

You're back again. Did you watch that video you posted?

If so, what does it claim? (and yes I've watched it, but you seem to be taking something else away from it..)

• Advertisement

From the article:
    Hiqa found that the official number of reported Covid-19 deaths likely “overestimates the true burden of excess deaths caused by the virus”.

The report states that this could be due to the inclusion within official figures of people who were infected with the virus at the time of death whose cause of death may have been predominantly due to other factors.

Speaking to RTɒs News at One, Teljeur said the official figure of 1,709 is likely “an accurate estimate”.

“It may be a slight overestimate, but it is likely to be an accurate estimate.
    Excess mortality, it has a limitation that doesn’t necessarily fully state the burden of Covid-19 on mortality.

“So excess mortality is trying to contrast the number of deaths that were observed with the number that were expected. And as some of these people were expected to have died during that period, then they don’t count towards the excess mortality.

But the reality is, they did die because of Covid-19, and it therefore contributes to the overall mortality and we need to count that correctly.”
    So it’s not exactly sinister, but it’s same approach in many countries and why I don’t accept the 1.7mil figure as caused *by* covid deaths. Many of those folks sadly would have died anyway, and I think from this reporting method you can see why we can only estimate the real death level
    Ok. What's the estimate for the real death level?
    Sorry bru, genuinely didn’t see it first time around.
    Hard to say, I mean seems illogical to me to report deaths the way Varadkar has described, and you’d wonder why.
    Why is it illogical? Are you a statistician? A virologist? Have you had any training in a relevant field?

Just because it doesn't make sense to you personally after having done nothing to look into it or understand it, it doesn't mean it's illogical. And it doesn't mean a giant global conspiracy is a viable alternative.
    The narcolepsy cases emerging in those who took swine flu alone is enough to outweigh the potential risks for a long term unstudied vaccine compared to covid 19 risks for me
    Ok. How long after the vaccine did these cases of narcolepsy appear? Days? Months? Years?
    Also, how many cases where there compared to the number of vaccines given?
    How does this percentage compare to the percentage of people who die due to covid?
    For covid I feel quitting smoking, improving lifestyle and supplementing with vitamin D, Zinc and a few other things is sufficient.
    And this is based on the research you did as a medical doctor?
    No to all of these.
    Why do you not believe them?
    Why do you think others do?

Ok mate, that was seriously disingenuous. I put in the link to quote Varadkar and how Ireland recorded the deaths and how that links to my interpretation of the with/from argument.

You just chose not to respond or mention that whatsoever, so I gotta ask, are you interested in a proper discussion or you just wanna be the big man who wins the argument?
    From the article:

Ok. What's the estimate for the real death level?

I already pointed out this is difficult to estimate due to the methodology in reporting of deaths. The idea that I haven’t ran a study to determine the true level somehow invalidates considerations on the reported deaths is asinine
    Why is it illogical? Are you a statistician? A virologist? Have you had any training in a relevant field?

Just because it doesn't make sense to you personally after having done nothing to look into it or understand it, it doesn't mean it's illogical. And it doesn't mean a giant global conspiracy is a viable alternative.

It’s illogical because it’s over egging the pudding. It’s a follow on from what I said about how the death recording method Varadkar referenced shouldn’t influence public policy because sadly those people would have died anyway, and many more would have died in a short period after. The rest of society shouldn’t go through upheaval over that.

And sorry, you don’t have any right to demand personal information about my occupation like that.

Ok. How long after the vaccine did these cases of narcolepsy appear? Days? Months? Years?
    Also, how many cases where there compared to the number of vaccines given?
    How does this percentage compare to the percentage of people who die due to covid?

Took longer to appear than covid 19 has existed.

Over 80 cases in Irish courts so far, the cases/vaccine ratio and comparison with covid deaths are irrelevant because I was justifying my reason for me not taking it; it was clearly not an argument against the vaccine in general. Hence references to Ebola and MERS. Are you even reading the posts?

And this is based on the research you did as a medical doctor?

Seriously this is neurotic. I’d suggest you chill out for 30 minutes before responding.

I looked at the epidemiological studies on vitamin D and the age/health profiles of those who died with Covid 19 and decided based on that I don’t need the vaccine and lifestyle changes were enough. In fact probably unnecessary but worthwhile anyway. If I was 15 years older and obese I’d probably take the vaccine.
    Why do you not believe them?
    Why do you think others do?

Why are you asking me this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Quiner wrote: »
    I don't wish to answer for Lex, but an additional 130 million people 'could be on the brink of starvation' by the end of this year as a result of the lockdowns: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-n-warns-hunger-pandemic-amid-threats-coronavirus-economic-downturn-n1189326

Of course the UN says it's because of the 'coronavirus outbreak and the subsequent economic ramifications', but the lockdowns are causing the economic ramifications.

And what's causing the lockdowns?

Some serious mental gymnastics going on here.

You could blame the deaths of millions every year on various decisions and spending priorities but such is the world.

Ok mate, that was seriously disingenuous. I put in the link to quote Varadkar and how Ireland recorded the deaths and how that links to my interpretation of the with/from argument.

You just chose not to respond or mention that whatsoever, so I gotta ask, are you interested in a proper discussion or you just wanna be the big man who wins the argument?

I think anyone who frequents this forum is aware that he's not interested in a proper discussion..
    Pretty much just call you an idiot and throw questions at you until you give up..

I think anyone who frequents this forum is aware that he's not interested in a proper discussion..
    Pretty much just call you an idiot and throw questions at you until you give up..

I hate when people ask questions about illogical claims. Damn sheep not believing stuff without questioning it.

Make sure to wipe down your keyboard after typing all that..

Anything of substance to add?

Which conspiracy in this thread do you support, or are you just here for snide quips :)

Ye are the ones claiming a vaccine developed in a few months for a virus discovered this year is fine..

Because your article also states:
    “It may be a slight overestimate, but it is likely to be an accurate estimate."
    So even if your argument held and this was how the 1.7 million number was reached (it isn't) the number must still be accurate.

You are arguing that the official number is not accurate, yet the article you posted does not say that. The article states that it is accurate.

This leads me to believe that you didn't read it very closely.
    I already pointed out this is difficult to estimate due to the methodology in reporting of deaths. The idea that I haven’t ran a study to determine the true level somehow invalidates considerations on the reported deaths is asinine
    It's not asinine to point out how your claims aren't really backed up by much.
    You keep claiming the death number is inaccurate, yet you can't produce even an estimate for the true number.

If you can't produce a number, maybe you can explain by how much the death number is off? 5%? 10%

According to the expert in the article you linked to the estimate is accurate.
    Do you now disagree with this expert?
    It’s illogical because it’s over egging the pudding.

And sorry, you don’t have any right to demand personal information about my occupation like that.
    I'm not asking your occupation, I'm pointing out that you most likely are not a statistician or a virologist nor trained in any relevant field.
    So the fact you personally think it's illogical is irrelevant.

There is factors and considerations in complex topics like this that make it not readily understood by lay people, especially those like yourself make no effort in trying to understand why things are done how they are.

And again, just because you personally don't understand it, it doesn't mean a global conspiracy is a viable option.
    Took longer to appear than covid 19 has existed.
    Simply not true.
    The cases appeared between one and two months after vaccination.
    The vaccine trials have been going on for 6 months and longer.
    Over 80 cases in Irish courts so far, the cases/vaccine ratio and comparison with covid deaths are irrelevant because I was justifying my reason for me not taking it
    No, it's very very relevant.
    The chances of getting narcolepsy from the swine flu vaccine were 0.0005%.
    The covid vaccines have not shown any such side effect.

The chances of dying from covid after catching it are between 2% and 1%

So it makes no sense for you to be more afraid of side effect that 1. does not occur in the covid vaccines and 2. has a much much lower chance of affecting you than covid does of killing you.

Your justification makes no sense.
    I looked at the epidemiological studies on vitamin D and the age/health profiles of those who died with Covid 19 and decided based on that I don’t need the vaccine and lifestyle changes were enough. In fact probably unnecessary but worthwhile anyway. If I was 15 years older and obese I’d probably take the vaccine.
    Cool. And why are doctors saying otherwise?
    Why are you asking me this?
    Because I'm interested in why some people believe some conspiracy theories, but not others.

Ye are the ones claiming a vaccine developed in a few months for a virus discovered this year is fine..

You've been asked repeatedly to outline what the dangers are from the vaccine.
    But you dodged and ignored and ran away every time.

What sort of a question is that though?..If such a thing isn't right there are many ways in which it could be extremely harmful..

• Advertisement

What sort of a question is that though?..If such a thing isn't right there are many ways in which it could be extremely harmful..
    It's a very direct question you've been running away from and ignoring repeatedly.
    The answer is "You can't point to any dangers because you don't know any that exist."

What about the vaccine do you believe is "not right"? Please be specific.

It's a very direct question you've been running away from and ignoring repeatedly.
    The answer is "You can't point to any dangers because you don't know any that exist."

What about the vaccine do you believe is "not right"? Please be specific.

It was rushed out..what are you talking about?..
    You do know these things can cause people problems?.. it's why you can't sue over issues caused by vaccines anymore..

You do know these things can cause people problems?.. it's why you can't sue over issues caused by vaccines anymore..

Of course you can sue.

It wasn't rushed, it was expedited. It went through the required testing periods.

Of course you can sue.

No, you can't..

Nothing is 100% safe. It's all about relative safety. International regulators and bodies of experts have and are deciding that Covid vaccines are safe enough for the public. Vaccines in general are among the safest medical products ever developed.

A bunch of anti-vaxxers and people who believe in conspiracies like biblical prophecies on an internet conspiracy forum aren't exactly people anyone should take medical information from. If you want to, that's cool. If you want to skip the vaccine, cool also.

Nothing is 100% safe. It's all about relative safety. International regulators and bodies of experts have and are deciding that Covid vaccines are safe enough for the public. Vaccines in general are among the safest medical products ever developed.

A bunch of anti-vaxxers and people who believe in conspiracies like biblical prophecies on an internet conspiracy forum aren't exactly people anyone should take medical information from. If you want to, that's cool. If you want to skip the vaccine, cool also.

Yeah..and covid is a bad cold for 99.99% of people..
    It's all relative..

Where’s the evidence to show it’s safe?
    And don’t just dodge the question by saying it’s out there
    There’s other evidence out there that says otherwise

Are we still also looking at the vaccine as the silver bullet to save us from a virus that is based on a test that has still not been proven to be accurate?

I mean we have had a can of coke, honey and a kiwi has tested positive?

And we have a new variant that has somehow covered the globe in 10 days since it was discovered?

Of course you can sue.

It wasn't rushed, it was expedited. It went through the required testing periods.

No it didn’t
    They skipped phase 4 live animal trials which are the gold standard for vaccine trials

And don’t just dodge the question by saying it’s out there

3rd or 4th time asking

Did you watch that video you posted?

If so, what does it claim? (and yes I've watched it, but you seem to be taking something else away from it..)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

No, you can't..

Why not?

Because your article also states:

So even if your argument held and this was how the 1.7 million number was reached (it isn't) the number must still be accurate.

You are arguing that the official number is not accurate, yet the article you posted does not say that. The article states that it is accurate.

This leads me to believe that you didn't read it very closely.

It's not asinine to point out how your claims aren't really backed up by much.
    You keep claiming the death number is inaccurate, yet you can't produce even an estimate for the true number.

If you can't produce a number, maybe you can explain by how much the death number is off? 5%? 10%

According to the expert in the article you linked to the estimate is accurate.
    Do you now disagree with this expert?

You’re just refusing to listen. I didn’t quote anything in that article aside from what I’d said about the death recording methodology by Varadkar. You still haven’t responded or even acknowledged that point and it’s clear you just don’t want to because you’d rather move the goalposts. I’ve taken all your points at face value but you’re just not willing to return the courtesy, and chopped out half the points I’ve made because you can’t handle them.

Don’t you think it’s telling another poster has made a stand-alone post to illuminate your trickery?
    I'm not asking your occupation, I'm pointing out that you most likely are not a statistician or a virologist nor trained in any relevant field.
    So the fact you personally think it's illogical is irrelevant.

There is factors and considerations in complex topics like this that make it not readily understood by lay people, especially those like yourself make no effort in trying to understand why things are done how they are.

And again, just because you personally don't understand it, it doesn't mean a global conspiracy is a viable option.

You demanded to know what I did and now you deny it for all the world to see which is further evidence of your dishonesty. Based on your post count you spend an unnatural amount of time on the internet doing god knows what. I’m not comfortable confirming my employment type to that sort of individual
    Simply not true.
    The cases appeared between one and two months after vaccination.
    The vaccine trials have been going on for 6 months and longer.

As were the swine flu trials before they took them

Checkmate

No, it's very very relevant.
    The chances of getting narcolepsy from the swine flu vaccine were 0.0005%.
    The covid vaccines have not shown any such side effect.

The chances of dying from covid after catching it are between 2% and 1%

So it makes no sense for you to be more afraid of side effect that 1. does not occur in the covid vaccines and 2. has a much much lower chance of affecting you than covid does of killing you.

For someone of my age, strength, genetics, lust for life, determination in the face of adversity, stunning good looks (facial symmetry is an indicator of health) the risk of death is nowhere near 1%. I know this from my line of work.
    Your justification makes no sense.

I covered this in my previous point, it’s a personal choice so I don’t need to justify it to someone who spends as much time on the internet as you do
    Cool. And why are doctors saying otherwise?

I’ll go to a doctor if I break my arm or it burns when I pee. They’re good at that because medicine is an applied science and they’re trained for those things. It’s the the biomedical professors and immunologists I’ll listen to when it comes to vitamin D and vaccines

Because I'm interested in why some people believe some conspiracy theories, but not others.

Well why listen to someone online. Shouldn’t you be conducting double blind placebo controlled trials on conspiracy theorists in lab settings?

3rd or 4th time asking

Did you watch that video you posted?

I had a feeling you’d dodge the question to cover up your porkies

No it didn’t
    They skipped phase 4 live animal trials which are the gold standard for vaccine trials

Gold standard my arse. They did all the critical human trials and then some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

No it didn’t

Another lie from you.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-afs:Content:9792931264

Gold standard my arse. They did all the critical human trials and then some.

Keep telling yourself that

• Advertisement

And this has been explained to you before.
    The testing wasn't rushed. The red tape and funding issues were just moved out of the way.
    Normally when vaccines or other medicines go through evaluation, there's hurdles they have to jump, like getting funding, getting approval, having those things reviewed and filed in triplicate etc. etc.
    With the covid vaccine, these hurdles were just cut through quickly so that the test could start quickly. Once the testing started, it took as long as testing normally takes.

One good analogy I heard was that it was like sending an express package vs sending a package via normal mail.
    The express package isn't faster because they're tossing the package around and treating it like crap. You don't expect an express package to come crushed and in pieces.
    Express packages just get jumped ahead in priority.

The studies are available to read. Maybe you can point out what parts of the testing were inadequate.
    You do know these things can cause people problems?
    What problems do you believe the covid vaccine will cause?

The studies found that there are no adverse side effects that would prevent the vaccine from being used.

Yeah..and covid is a bad cold for 99.99% of people..
    It's all relative..

A lot of people have died as a result of Covid, but the real issue is the threat it poses to national health systems, some of which have come close to being overrun. In order to avoid such an unthinkable scenario countries have had to take more and more extreme measures, including lockdown, which has drastically impacted economies.

So no it's not a "little cold", it's a global pandemic. It's no coincidence that people who don't grasp or understand this also gravitate towards baseless disinformation and ridiculous conspiracy theories. Unless you think there is some marvellous coincidence going on there..

Keep telling yourself that

Great addition to the conversation. You always resort to ad hominems when your bull**** is pointed out.

A lot of people have died as a result of Covid, but the real issue is the threat it poses to national health systems, some of which have come close to being overrun. In order to avoid such an unthinkable scenario countries have had to take more and more extreme measures, including lockdown, which has drastically impacted economies.

So no it's not a "little cold", it's a global pandemic. It's no coincidence that people who don't grasp or understand this also gravitate towards baseless disinformation and ridiculous conspiracy theories. Unless you think there is some marvellous coincidence going on there..

There's 600 people on trollies at this time of year every year..

It's only a "pandemic" since they changed the meaning of the word..

There's 600 people on trollies at this time of year every year..

It's only a "pandemic" since they changed the meaning of the word..

What sort of nonsense is this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement