Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vaccine

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    It sure is

99.9% survival versus a made up 95% efficacy plus side effects

Wrong. Don't be so disingenuous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

What has that to do with the covid vaccine?

Luke is the states vaccine spokesman

Quiner wrote: »
    It could be that people will be coerced into having it in order to take part in the new normal Health Passport Ireland society, whereby doing almost anything, if how the creators of Health Passport Ireland envisage their app being used (see the promo video) becomes a reality, will hinge on the light flashing green.

It could be that if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.

We already have vaccination requirements in this country. That is a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Luke is the states vaccine spokesman

No he is not. He is just one expert. Also he was talking about the flu virus as you said. Without knowing the interview, I would guess he said something along the lines of it being a good idea to wear masks as evidence has shown a significant reduction in non/covid respiratory viruses since so many are wearing masks.

Have you heard what Luke O’Neill said?

Masks every year during flu season

What’s your thoughts on that?

Apparently flu has disappeared but he will still try having everyone wearing one

My thoughts are that flu is far less deadly then covid and we have numerous vaccines for it. It is also a fact that mask usage has almost irradicated flu here this year. Putting two and two together I think Mr O'Neill is trying to sterilise us all.

• Advertisement

Masks eradicate flu but have done a poor job with covid

I think they need to rethink their strategy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Masks eradicate flu but have done a poor job with covid

I think they need to rethink their strategy

You conveniently ignore that there is a flu vaccine too, and it has been given to children as young as two, right up to the oldest people in Ireland.

Imagine with that success, what the success could be with the covid vaccine and masks!

We already have vaccination requirements in this country. That is a good thing.

What are they?

No he is not. He is just one expert. Also he was talking about the flu virus as you said. Without knowing the interview, I would guess he said something along the lines of it being a good idea to wear masks as evidence has shown a significant reduction in non/covid respiratory viruses since so many are wearing masks.

It wasn’t an interview
    It was him talking to a group of secondary school students with his deluded ideas of unremovable wrist bracelets to show proof of vaccine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Where have you been for the last 9 months? Buried in alt-right sites? Until we know that vaccinated people cannot spread the virus they should wear a mask. The vaccine stop you from getting sick, do you understand this basic concept. My 6 year old does, will i get her to explain it to you? If, as so far seems to be the case, the vaccine drops transmissions rates then we won't need masks.

You don't understand what masks are for. I dont wear a mask for me, I wear it so people, even people like you, won't get sick.

If the vaccine stops you from getting sick then no need for masks as if you do spread covid the people around you won't get sick as they are vaccinated

• Advertisement

What are they?

You don't do your own research? Like we have mentioned them several times in this thread already. I thought you were an expert on this stuff and worked in the field? Could it be you are full of it? Get up to speed and then come back to me.

You conveniently ignore that there is a flu vaccine too, and it has been given to children as young as two, right up to the oldest people in Ireland.

Imagine with that success, what the success could be with the covid vaccine and masks!

You mean the flu vaccine that was handed out recently in primary schools and now all of a sudden we have a spike in flu like symptoms in school going age children

GT89 wrote: »
    If the vaccine stops you from getting sick then no need for masks as if you do spread covid the people around you won't get sick as they are vaccinated

As you have been told in another thread this is wrong. Masks are not to protect the individual. They are to protect people like you.

You don't do your own research? Like we have mentioned them several times in this thread already. I thought you were an expert on this stuff and worked in the field? Could it be you are full of it? Get up to speed and then come back to me.

I’d like to know what you think they are?

If you tell me the MMR then I’ll challenge you on that

None of my kids got it and I’m not in jail yet or fined for it many many years later

You mean the flu vaccine that was handed out recently in primary schools and now all of a sudden we have a spike in flu like symptoms in school going age children

No. Stop lying. You posted above that flu is gone and now you intimate that it's everywhere. Try and get your lies straight at least.

As you have been told in another thread this is wrong. Masks are not to protect the individual. They are to protect people like you.

I don’t need protection
    Please don’t wear one on my behalf

Hmmm that’s a T-shirt idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

It wasn’t an interview
    It was him talking to a group of secondary school students with his deluded ideas of unremovable wrist bracelets to show proof of vaccine

That's definitely a conspiracy theory. I know he said it, but it's definitely a conspiracy theory. I know Health Passport Ireland, in its promo video, described their Chinese style social credit system app being used for restaurants, concerts, shops, stadia, hospitals, offices, and travel, but it's definitely a conspiracy theory.

I don’t need protection
    Please don’t wear one on my behalf

Hmmm that’s a T-shirt idea

Again, another misrepresentation of what was said. What a surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,248 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

How many died because of covid not died with covid ?
    1.7 million people died due to covid.

If you have a better more accurate figure provide it and the source for that figure.

If you don't, admit you can't provide it.
    So far conspiracy theorists have been running away from this point because they know they can't answer it directly.

I like how this has become the new mantra for deniers now.

King Mob wrote: »

If you have a better more accurate figure provide it and the source for that figure.

If you don't, admit you can't provide it.
    So far conspiracy theorists have been running away from this point because they know they can't answer it directly.

I like how this has become the new mantra for deniers now.

Can you prove that many people died due to covid?..not with it, due to it..

Even the numbers here, didn't they come out and say the numbers were inflated by a third, and they just left them..

• Advertisement

Can you prove that many people died due to covid?..not with it, due to it...
    Yes.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-toll/

Again, if you have a more accurate number, provide it.
    You, like all the other conspiracy theorists have dodged the question.
    This is because you can't provide the number and don't want to admit it.
    Even the numbers here, didn't they come out and say the numbers were inflated by a third, and they just left them..
    Another lie.

Why do you guys have to lie at every stage?
    Doesn't this tell you what you believe isn't true?

Another lie.

Why do you guys have to lie at every stage?
    Doesn't this tell you what you believe isn't true?

https://www.thejournal.ie/covid-19-deaths-ireland-hiqa-5140490-Jul2020/

Yes. And as another conspiracy theorist posted:
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1102/1175417-excess-mortality-rate/
    However, he was also keen to point out that the explanation could be more complicated than that.

For instance, people's behaviour changed enormously during the Covid-19 lockdown periods which could have affected mortality trends.

There were far fewer people in the workplace while people were working from home. Could that have resulted in fewer workplace accidents?

There was less traffic on the roads. Did that mean fewer road deaths?
    People engaged in social distancing. Did that result in fewer deaths from other infectious diseases including the flu and other illnesses?

Against that, fewer people came forward for treatment and screening for serious diseases such as cancer as many hospital services were suspended. Did that, or will that, result in more non-Covid-19 deaths occurring?

We don't know the answer to all these questions yet. It is going to take some time to get all the information and data together, especially when up to three months is allowed for a death to be officially registered in Ireland.

Taking the first seven months of the pandemic together the CSO calculations found that the cumulative number of deaths occurring was 876 more that during the same months of 2019.

If it was compared to average death toll for the same months over the previous two years the excess deaths amounted to 887.

When it is compared to the average of the previous three years the excess death total is 1,192.

The CSO said its new analysis "appears to indicate" that the Department of Health data on coronavirus-related deaths "comprehensively captures" the impact of Covid-19 on mortality in Ireland.

And again, even if we accept your claim here, the difference between is less than a couple of hundred.
    The global figure is 1.75 million.
    So your claim is a lie.

Also from your own link:
    Speaking to RTÉ’s News at One, [Hiqa’s Chief Scientist, Dr Conor Teljeur] said the official figure of 1,709 is likely “an accurate estimate”.

“It may be a slight overestimate, but it is likely to be an accurate estimate. Excess mortality, it has a limitation that doesn’t necessarily fully state the burden of Covid-19 on mortality.

Now, again, provide the accurate global figure.
    Stop dodging, man up and just answer the question.

RTE, a reliable source of information to be trusted........no thanks

RTE, a reliable source of information to be trusted........no thanks
    A conspiracy theorist posted that link to support the conspiracy.

Also, the link itself contains a quote from the scientist who lead the survey you guys love to quote.
    Are you claiming that he didn't say that?

Also my point doesn't rely on the source from RTE.

Lazy, ignorant post there Lex. You need to try harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,739 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Tried to a poll here but it was pulled

The majority consensus and what government etc are saying is the mask is to protect others, not the wearer
    So the assumption is if you wear it you assume you have it

Why would a healthy person wear a mask?
    Why would a healthy person look after themselves?

What a ludicrous position to take Lex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,470 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

No they didn't.

Big difference between died "from" covid and died "with" covid.

No they didn't.

Big difference between died "from" covid and died "with" covid.
    But they did.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    Still not sure why people keep denying this with that silly debunked meme.

If you disagree, supply the accurate number and the source you use for this number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,470 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

But they did.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    Still not sure why people keep denying this with that silly debunked meme.

If you disagree, supply the accurate number and the source you use for this number.

You do know how deaths are reported? This is basic stuff going back to March. Those deaths are deaths WITH covid.

• Advertisement

You do know how deaths are reported? This is basic stuff going back to March. Those deaths are deaths WITH covid.
    Sorry, you've ignored my question.
    Provide the more accurate number thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement