Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vaccine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭valor rorghulis

King Mob wrote: »
    Because your article also states:

So even if your argument held and this was how the 1.7 million number was reached (it isn't) the number must still be accurate.

You are arguing that the official number is not accurate, yet the article you posted does not say that. The article states that it is accurate.

This leads me to believe that you didn't read it very closely.

It's not asinine to point out how your claims aren't really backed up by much.
    You keep claiming the death number is inaccurate, yet you can't produce even an estimate for the true number.

If you can't produce a number, maybe you can explain by how much the death number is off? 5%? 10%

According to the expert in the article you linked to the estimate is accurate.
    Do you now disagree with this expert?

You’re just refusing to listen. I didn’t quote anything in that article aside from what I’d said about the death recording methodology by Varadkar. You still haven’t responded or even acknowledged that point and it’s clear you just don’t want to because you’d rather move the goalposts. I’ve taken all your points at face value but you’re just not willing to return the courtesy, and chopped out half the points I’ve made because you can’t handle them.

Don’t you think it’s telling another poster has made a stand-alone post to illuminate your trickery?
    I'm not asking your occupation, I'm pointing out that you most likely are not a statistician or a virologist nor trained in any relevant field.
    So the fact you personally think it's illogical is irrelevant.

There is factors and considerations in complex topics like this that make it not readily understood by lay people, especially those like yourself make no effort in trying to understand why things are done how they are.

And again, just because you personally don't understand it, it doesn't mean a global conspiracy is a viable option.

You demanded to know what I did and now you deny it for all the world to see which is further evidence of your dishonesty. Based on your post count you spend an unnatural amount of time on the internet doing god knows what. I’m not comfortable confirming my employment type to that sort of individual
    Simply not true.
    The cases appeared between one and two months after vaccination.
    The vaccine trials have been going on for 6 months and longer.

As were the swine flu trials before they took them

Checkmate

No, it's very very relevant.
    The chances of getting narcolepsy from the swine flu vaccine were 0.0005%.
    The covid vaccines have not shown any such side effect.

The chances of dying from covid after catching it are between 2% and 1%

So it makes no sense for you to be more afraid of side effect that 1. does not occur in the covid vaccines and 2. has a much much lower chance of affecting you than covid does of killing you.

For someone of my age, strength, genetics, lust for life, determination in the face of adversity, stunning good looks (facial symmetry is an indicator of health) the risk of death is nowhere near 1%. I know this from my line of work.
    Your justification makes no sense.

I covered this in my previous point, it’s a personal choice so I don’t need to justify it to someone who spends as much time on the internet as you do
    Cool. And why are doctors saying otherwise?

I’ll go to a doctor if I break my arm or it burns when I pee. They’re good at that because medicine is an applied science and they’re trained for those things. It’s the the biomedical professors and immunologists I’ll listen to when it comes to vitamin D and vaccines

Because I'm interested in why some people believe some conspiracy theories, but not others.

Well why listen to someone online. Shouldn’t you be conducting double blind placebo controlled trials on conspiracy theorists in lab settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    3rd or 4th time asking

Did you watch that video you posted?

If so, what does it claim? (and yes I've watched it, but you seem to be taking something else away from it..)

I had a feeling you’d dodge the question to cover up your porkies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    No it didn’t
    They skipped phase 4 live animal trials which are the gold standard for vaccine trials

Gold standard my arse. They did all the critical human trials and then some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

No it didn’t
    They skipped phase 4 live animal trials which are the gold standard for vaccine trials

Another lie from you.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-afs:Content:9792931264

Gold standard my arse. They did all the critical human trials and then some.

Keep telling yourself that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,248 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

It was rushed out..what are you talking about?..
    And this has been explained to you before.
    The testing wasn't rushed. The red tape and funding issues were just moved out of the way.
    Normally when vaccines or other medicines go through evaluation, there's hurdles they have to jump, like getting funding, getting approval, having those things reviewed and filed in triplicate etc. etc.
    With the covid vaccine, these hurdles were just cut through quickly so that the test could start quickly. Once the testing started, it took as long as testing normally takes.

One good analogy I heard was that it was like sending an express package vs sending a package via normal mail.
    The express package isn't faster because they're tossing the package around and treating it like crap. You don't expect an express package to come crushed and in pieces.
    Express packages just get jumped ahead in priority.

The studies are available to read. Maybe you can point out what parts of the testing were inadequate.
    You do know these things can cause people problems?
    What problems do you believe the covid vaccine will cause?

The studies found that there are no adverse side effects that would prevent the vaccine from being used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,160 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Yeah..and covid is a bad cold for 99.99% of people..
    It's all relative..

A lot of people have died as a result of Covid, but the real issue is the threat it poses to national health systems, some of which have come close to being overrun. In order to avoid such an unthinkable scenario countries have had to take more and more extreme measures, including lockdown, which has drastically impacted economies.

So no it's not a "little cold", it's a global pandemic. It's no coincidence that people who don't grasp or understand this also gravitate towards baseless disinformation and ridiculous conspiracy theories. Unless you think there is some marvellous coincidence going on there..

Keep telling yourself that

Great addition to the conversation. You always resort to ad hominems when your bull**** is pointed out.

A lot of people have died as a result of Covid, but the real issue is the threat it poses to national health systems, some of which have come close to being overrun. In order to avoid such an unthinkable scenario countries have had to take more and more extreme measures, including lockdown, which has drastically impacted economies.

So no it's not a "little cold", it's a global pandemic. It's no coincidence that people who don't grasp or understand this also gravitate towards baseless disinformation and ridiculous conspiracy theories. Unless you think there is some marvellous coincidence going on there..

There's 600 people on trollies at this time of year every year..

It's only a "pandemic" since they changed the meaning of the word..

What sort of nonsense is this.

• Advertisement

I had a feeling you’d dodge the question to cover up your porkies

In this post, you posted a video

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115718035&postcount=2281

Have you watched that video?

Why did you post it, what claim is it making?

(You've been asked several times about this now)

Great addition to the conversation. You always resort to ad hominems when your bull**** is pointed out.

He will most likely disappear for a while again since he has been proven to be telling porkies again.

A pandemic based on a flawed testing procedure

Woah there

Are you claiming there is no pandemic?

Are you claiming that hospitals are operating under normal capacity?

He will most likely disappear for a while again since he has been proven to be telling porkies again.

Nah I’ve got a life pal that I don’t spend 24/7 on a forum

You’re just refusing to listen. I didn’t quote anything in that article aside from what I’d said about the death recording methodology by Varadkar. You still haven’t responded or even acknowledged that point and it’s clear you just don’t want to because you’d rather move the goalposts.
    But I have addressed this several times.
    That's not how the 1.7 million figure was reached.

You meanwhile have ignored all of my points and are now resorting to bizarre personal attacks.
    As were the swine flu trials before they took them

Checkmate
    You claimed that the side effects took "longer than covid has been around" to appear.
    This simply isn't true.

They appeared in 1 to 2 months after the vaccine.

This was the only example you have provided of any effects taking a long time to appear from vaccines.
    For someone of my age, strength, genetics, lust for life, determination in the face of adversity, stunning good looks (facial symmetry is an indicator of health) the risk of death is nowhere near 1%. I know this from my line of work.
    However, doctors and medical experts disagree with you.
    If you have a better, more accurate number, please provide it.
    I covered this in my previous point, it’s a personal choice so I don’t need to justify it to someone who spends as much time on the internet as you do
    Nope, you don't have to justify it.
    But people are free to point out that it doesn't make any sense and doesn't seem to follow any sort of logic when put up against the facts.
    I’ll go to a doctor if I break my arm or it burns when I pee. They’re good at that because medicine is an applied science and they’re trained for those things. It’s the the biomedical professors and immunologists I’ll listen to when it comes to vitamin D and vaccines
    Ok. So all those doctors are wrong.

Is this because you're just better at medicine than them or because they are all part of a conspiracy?
    Well why listen to someone online. Shouldn’t you be conducting double blind placebo controlled trials on conspiracy theorists in lab settings?
    Because I can ask people directly what their opinion and position is.
    People seem to not want to do that around here and get very triggered when they get asked.

A pandemic based on a flawed testing procedure

Going to ignore your lies being pointed out or are you going to retract them forever?

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-afs:Content:9792931264

Are you claiming that hospitals are operating under normal capacity?

I am actually claiming this..

Like, you remember last year, do you?.. with the trollies?..

Imagine if 1,000 people were up in court for drunk driving based on a test that was done incorrectly and not to standard

All drivers never drank

Do we have a drink driving problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,738 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Imagine if 1,000 people were up in court for drunk driving based on a test that was done incorrectly and not to standard

All drivers never drank

Not enough data to answer....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

Is Bill Gates a Psychic as well as a Virologist? For most of 2019 he has been talking about an impending pandemic. How did he know?

All drivers never drank

You have a problem with the truth. Post evidence please.

All drivers never drank

Deflection again.

So do you accept that you were wrong about animal testing?

buzzerxx wrote: »
    Is Bill Gates a Psychic as well as a Virologist? For most of 2019 he has been talking about an impending pandemic. How did he know?

It's going to rain at some stage. Am I a meteorologist?

We have potential pandemics every few years and conduct pandemic exercises every few years.

It's going to rain at some stage. Am I a meteorologist?

We have potential pandemics every few years and conduct pandemic exercises every few years.

It's generally safer to make vague insinuating questions than to directly state "I believe that Bill Gates is involved in the plan to fake the pandemic".

It's generally safer to make vague insinuating questions than to directly state "I believe that Bill Gates is involved in the plan to fake the pandemic".

Yeah my favourite tactic is 'I am not saying this, but here is a link to some looper. Don't you find this strange?'

blah blah blah

That entire post was a pisstake. I was simply giving you the same level of respect as you had to me previously. Can’t believe you responded. Take a break and get some air mate

I am actually claiming this..

Like, you remember last year, do you?.. with the trollies?..

Right, so according to you, this is just a normal year for hospitals and ICU's around the globe?

buzzerxx wrote: »

Source for this?

• Advertisement

No, you can't..

You actually can still sue bro. What’s special for this one is the government has indemnified big pharma for all that goes wrong with the vaccination. So if you successfully sue it will be paddy taxpayer footing the bill instead of Pfizer’s massive profits

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement