Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vaccine

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭storker

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand

Please explain how this constitutes a response to what I asked you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,248 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Quiner wrote: »
    Have you read every single word of the studies? Have you researched and read about every single chemical contained in the vaccines?
    Nope. But I don't believe that the vaccines are part of a giant global conspiracy.

Which parts of the studies are fraudulent?
    Which chemicals are you concerned about and why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

King Mob wrote: »
    Nope. But I don't believe that the vaccines are part of a giant global conspiracy.

You're saying they're safe. You can't know they're safe unless you've read every single word in the trial data reports. Might be no harm in reading every book ever written on vaccines as well and then you'll definitely know they're safe.

I don't think they're unsafe. I'm not concerned about the vaccines. I won't be getting the jab, but that's a personal decision.

I'm using the argument used against the "conspiracy theorists" against the people who claim the vaccines are safe:

A. "The vaccines are safe. I haven't read the trial data reports, but they're safe."

"How do you know they're safe if you haven't read the reports?"

"I listened to doctors and scientists who said they were safe."

"Fair enough."

B. "The Great Reset is a cover for implementing a technocratic hell."

"Have you read the book?"

"I haven't, but I've read excerpts from it, have listened to what Schwab has said in interviews, have read all about it on WEF's own website, and have watched as the world's leaders followed the same script of 'new normal' and 'build back better', which amazingly just happens to be WEF speak ."

"Sorry, unless you've read the book then you don't know what you're talking about. Oh, and the articles you read are on fringe websites and the videos you watched were made by YouTube cranks."

You're saying they're safe. You can't know they're safe unless you've read every single word in the trial data reports. Might be no harm in reading every book ever written on vaccines as well and then you'll definitely know they're safe.

I don't think they're unsafe. I'm not concerned about the vaccines. I won't be getting the jab, but that's a personal decision.

I'm using the argument used against the "conspiracy theorists" against the people who claim the vaccines are safe:

A. "The vaccines are safe. I haven't read the trial data reports, but they're safe."

"Fair enough."

"I haven't, but I've read excerpts from it, have listened to what Schwab has said in interviews, have read all about it on WEF's own website, and have watched as the world's leaders followed the same script of 'new normal' and 'build back better', which amazingly just happens to be WEF speak ."

"Sorry, unless you've read the book then you don't know what you're talking about. Oh, and the articles you read are on fringe websites and the videos you watched were made by YouTube cranks."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

"Fair enough."

Do you read the label on every piece of food you consume?
    Here's a test. Name one element of the vaccine which you are worried about. If I can't find a food which contains that element I will start to take you seriously.

• Advertisement

aido79 wrote: »
    Do you read the label on every piece of food you consume?
    Here's a test. Name one element of the vaccine which you are worried about. If I can't find a food which contains that element I will start to take you seriously.

I'm not worried about the vaccines. If I have to take one in order to travel then I will. I have no real problem with that because there's a precedent for it with yellow fever.

I was merely comparing people who believe the Great Reset to be a cover for implementing a dark agenda being expected to read books with people who believe the vaccines are safe not being expected to read the reports of the trial data.

You're saying they're safe. You can't know they're safe unless you've read every single word in the trial data reports.
    Lol. Why?

The trials and reports say they are safe.

Where in the reports do you believe they are incorrect or fraudulent?
    Which chemicals in the vaccines concern you and why?

I'm not worried about the vaccines. If I have to take one in order to travel then I will. I have no real problem with that because there's a precedent for it with yellow fever.

I was merely comparing people who believe the Great Reset to be a cover for implementing a dark agenda being expected to read books with people who believe the vaccines are safe not being expected to read the reports of the trial data.

I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say or if you even believe in the great reset yourself after reading that. Do you believe the great reset is likely to happen and how will it affect the average person?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 yop_mayo

So you won’t be getting the jab unless not doing so somehow impacts your personal life / enjoyment? That’s an incredibly callous and self-interested perspective on a pandemic that’s been ravaging the most vulnerable in our society.

There’s people who cannot get the vaccine due to specific allergies or certain conditions, who are RELIANT on the herd immunity that’ll arise when a critical mass of people get fully vaccinated.

Lol. Why?

The trials and reports say they are safe.

Where in the reports do you believe they are incorrect or fraudulent?
    Which chemicals in the vaccines concern you and why?

But the people who are arguing that the Great Reset is a cover for a technocratic tyranny quote Klaus Schwab and the book the Great Reset. What's the difference? And there's no context that can make some of the things he has written or said okay.

I'm not concerned about the vaccines. I just used them as an example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,629 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand

How dishonest of you to continue to post like this.

I can't recall even one instance where, when asked a question you have come back with a reasoned thought out response.

Instead we get silly one liners or idiotic quotes like the one above.

Heres a novel idea, just answer the damn question and prove that you actually wish to discuss the issue.

yop_mayo wrote: »
    So you won’t be getting the jab unless not doing so somehow impacts your personal life / enjoyment? That’s an incredibly callous and self-interested perspective on a pandemic that’s been ravaging the most vulnerable in our society.

There’s people who cannot get the vaccine due to specific allergies or certain conditions, who are RELIANT on the herd immunity that’ll arise when a critical mass of people get fully vaccinated.

I also had covid in March so there's no need for me to get it.

I have no problem with vaccines, but I don't see the point in getting it since I already had covid. But I wouldn't be against getting it if advised to. I'd get the Oxford one.

I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say or if you even believe in the great reset yourself after reading that. Do you believe the great reset is likely to happen and how will it affect the average person?

It's very complicated since we have two Great Resets. I need to find out if they are connected in some way. Then I'll have a better idea.

But the people who are arguing that the Great Reset is a cover for a technocratic tyranny quote Klaus Schwab and the book the Great Reset. What's the difference? And there's no context that can make some of the things he has written or said okay.
    What are you talking about?
    Your post makes no sense.
    I'm not concerned about the vaccines. I just used them as an example.
    Ok. So you agree that the conspiracy theories are wrong.
    Awesome.

So your conspiracy is not about the vaccine? Why are you posting against the vaccine so much in a conspiracy theory thread about the vaccine?
    Maybe you should post in the relevant thread since you already have a thread about the great reset?

So your conspiracy is not about the vaccine? Why are you posting against the vaccine so much in a conspiracy theory thread about the vaccine?
    Maybe you should post in the relevant thread since you already have a thread about the great reset?

Yes, sorry. You're right. I sometimes forget what thread it is because a lot of the discussion points overlap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

It's very complicated since we have two Great Resets. I need to find out if they are connected in some way. Then I'll have a better idea.

Mod

Discuss it in the correct thread so. Don't drag this one off topic.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Mod

Discuss it in the correct thread so. Don't drag this one off topic.

Sure, sorry.

I also had covid in March so there's no need for me to get it.

I have no problem with vaccines, but I don't see the point in getting it since I already had covid. But I wouldn't be against getting it if advised to. I'd get the Oxford one.

Antibodies last six months longest it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,321 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What is that critical mass, Fauci blatantly lied about the percentage required to encourage uptake of the vaccine, how are people expected to believe anything these so called professionals say.

• Advertisement

What is that critical mass, Fauci blatantly lied about the percentage required to encourage uptake of the vaccine, how are people expected to believe anything these so called professionals say.

You're right. He's now claiming 90% of the US population will need to be vaccinated. The CDC tweeted (Twitter again, I know) that people would need to continue wearing masks until every American had been vaccinated. So Fauci is saying 90% and the CDC is saying 100%. But the goalposts have been moved more times than I can remember since March.

You're right. He's now claiming 90% of the US population will need to be vaccinated. The CDC tweeted (Twitter again, I know) that people would need to continue wearing masks until every American had been vaccinated. So Fauci is saying 90% and the CDC is saying 100%. But the goalposts have been moved more times than I can remember since March.
    Ok. So what's the conspiracy world explanation for this?
    Does Fauci just not know? Or is it part of the big sinister plan?

Also how does this fit with your previous position that all the conspiracy claims about the vaccine are false?

He's full of crap, he started at 60 to 70%, raised it up to 90% now he's back at 80%. I can't wait to see what figure our guys throw on the threshold for herd immunity.

Ok. So what's the conspiracy world explanation for this?
    Does Fauci just not know? Or is it part of the big sinister plan?

Also how does this fit with your previous position that all the conspiracy claims about the vaccine are false?

The explanation is that he's full of crap.

He's full of crap, he started at 60 to 70%, raised it up to 90% now he's back at 80%. I can't wait to see what figure our guys throw on the threshold for herd immunity.

How people still believe a word that comes out of that guy's mouth amazes me.

WHO can always just change the definition of herd immunity again if they're are any problems with uptake.

The explanation is that he's full of crap.
    Ok. Why is he full of crap? Is he just bad at his job?
    Is he deliberately lying?

You lot really are obsessed with Fauci. I’m sure you want his head on a pike in the White House Rose Garden too, then?

IF the vaccines affect transmissibility then it’s a basic fact (that has nothing got to do with Fauci) that after a certain level of immunity the chain of transmission will be broken.

You lot really are obsessed with Fauci. I’m sure you want his head on a pike in the White House Rose Garden too, then?

IF the vaccines affect transmissibility then it’s a basic fact (that has nothing got to do with Fauci) that after a certain level of immunity the chain of transmission will be broken.

I'm certainly not obsessed with Fauci but I don't like liars, he's proven himself to be one admitting he pumped the figures in the hope to encourage people to get the vaccine, no respect for anything he says from here on in. He done the same with masks lied to save lives of one group at the expense of another if you believe the science really did change and he didn't want to cause a run on any old facecloth for health care workers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,629 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I'm certainly not obsessed with Fauci but I don't like liars, he's proven himself to be one admitting he pumped the figures in the hope to encourage people to get the vaccine, no respect for anything he says from here on in. He done the same with masks lied to save lives of one group at the expense of another if you believe the science really did change and he didn't want to cause a run on any old facecloth for health care workers.

If I remember correctly, haven't you been on of Trumps biggest fans on this site?

• Advertisement

Apparently the who changed the meaning of herd immunity this year as well to have something to do with 70% of the population being vaccinated instead of what it used to mean..

Orwellian..and scary..

But I'm sure a few of ye will be in complete agreement..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement