Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to get Montessori teachers

Options
  • 23-11-2020 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

My child is in Montessori for 3 hours a day. He has 3 different teachers. What could I get them for Christmas? I would give a €20 one 4 all voucher if it were one teacher but can’t give €60...any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Box of chocolates/bottles of wine.

My fiancé worked as a Montessori teacher and either of these were always well received (and not expected).

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭sallyanne12

Smee_Again wrote: »

My fiancé worked as a Montessori teacher and either of these were always well received (and not expected).

Cheers. Maybe a red, a white and another red/white and they can pick themselves and a box of chocolates to share..

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭sallyanne12

Smee_Again wrote: »

Do you think 3 bottles of wine is better than 3 €10 one for all vouchers?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I think a bottle of wine, or a reasonably priced bottle of prosecco in a gift bag looks a lot nicer and more 'gift' like, than a ten euro voucher/card.
    That is just my opinion though. :)

Cheers. Maybe a red, a white and another red/white and they can pick themselves and a box of chocolates to share..

I'm no Wine expert, but I think Rose wine is the 'middle' wine, between red/white.

Although I don't quite grasp the idea of getting teachers gifts, you can get 6 bottles of wine for €40 in tesco at the moment. Would also knock out 3 other miscellaneous people, or be handy to have the bottles there incase of an unexpected person that you haven't got a gift for (an 'emergency gift' of sorts).

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/ProductBuylist/default.aspx?id=L00007103&icid=ROI_R1

Tesco also have tubs of Heroes, Celebrations, Roses and Quality Street for €3.33, but I'd say the wine is sufficient. It's just to acknowledge them really, is it not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Posy wrote: »
    I think a bottle of wine, or a reasonably priced bottle of prosecco in a gift bag looks a lot nicer and more 'gift' like, than a ten euro voucher/card.
    That is just my opinion though. :)

I'd agree with Posy, a bottle of wine or box of chocolates seems more gift-like than a voucher. My fiancé has a few vouchers lying around from parents that she hasn't gotten around to spending. The wine was always gone quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Hopefully I won't be torn apart for this but, as a non drinker, wine is wasted on me! Yes, I can re-gift it etc but it kind of defeats the purpose. I also find it a bit of a strange gift for a child to give....just doesn't sit well with me.

I work in a similar field and my recommendations are- gloves/hat/scarf for cold days when they're on duty outside, nice hand cream since all our hands are suffering with all the hand sanitiser, Christmas tree decoration. I have received some gorgeous ones over the years and I love seeing them each year as I decorate the tree. Dunnes have some lovely ones and they are very reasonably priced! Just my 2 cents :)

ETA- Another nice gift if you'd like the voucher route, a voucher for costa, insomnia etc. €10 each would get them a coffee and a cake...nice little treat and doesn't break the bank :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

The wife is a teacher. The best gift she ever got was a hanging lanyard for her car. "Teacher, gives children a start in life" She loves it and it hangs off her rear view mirror.

She is a bit of a sap.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

3 bottles of wine all day long.

Throw in a tub of sweets for the Creche and you're sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭scarepanda

jellybear wrote: »
    Hopefully I won't be torn apart for this but, as a non drinker, wine is wasted on me! Yes, I can re-gift it etc but it kind of defeats the purpose. I also find it a bit of a strange gift for a child to give....just doesn't sit well with me.

I work in a similar field and my recommendations are- gloves/hat/scarf for cold days when they're on duty outside, nice hand cream since all our hands are suffering with all the hand sanitiser, Christmas tree decoration. I have received some gorgeous ones over the years and I love seeing them each year as I decorate the tree. Dunnes have some lovely ones and they are very reasonably priced! Just my 2 cents :)

ETA- Another nice gift if you'd like the voucher route, a voucher for costa, insomnia etc. €10 each would get them a coffee and a cake...nice little treat and doesn't break the bank :)

Jellybear, I'm the exact same as you. I don't drink and find it weird as a present from a child to teacher. Last year we gave the teachers in her class some Christmas decorations and then a donation on behalf of the school. This year we will be giving her teachers some decorations again, she's all into Christmas this year so she wants to make them and a voucher for somewhere local. And we'll send in a box of chocolates as well for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

scarepanda wrote: »
    Jellybear, I'm the exact same as you. I don't drink and find it weird as a present from a child to teacher. Last year we gave the teachers in her class some Christmas decorations and then a donation on behalf of the school. This year we will be giving her teachers some decorations again, she's all into Christmas this year so she wants to make them and a voucher for somewhere local. And we'll send in a box of chocolates as well for everyone.

See it's funny I think the opposite, I would have had the thought process after spending a day of minding kids they might need a drink haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Loughc wrote: »
    See it's funny I think the opposite, I would have had the thought process after spending a day of minding kids they might need a drink haha :D

Haha! Well after my lunatic i wouldn't blame them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I got them molton brown gift sets but my kids are in full time a d if they all hadn’t reopened I would have been screwed with wise

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Teacher here. Voucher or cash! No matter how small. I sometimes get €5 vouchers for Starbucks or costa and it’s a real treat to get a coffee paid for me. I don’t drink and most teachers who get boxes of chocs leave them up in the staff room. I don’t expect anything so the nicest thing really is just a thank you card, I keep them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

I wouldn't get anything shared for the staffroom (which is normally my suggestion, great one to send in in early December or January) as they might not be allowed to share stuff at all this year.

Personally I love getting wine from my class :pac: There's days you'd need it tbh! Definite no to boxes of chocolates. But a letter/card is best of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

No no to the wine. Not everyone drinks, and you could cause offence if they have a drink problem or if they are Muslim etc.

10/20 euro book shop/ penneys voucher and a box of nice chocolates :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

What about something punny around a "thank you" theme? Like a box of "Merci!" chocolates from Tesco, and/or Christmas coffee blend as "thanks a latte!" or Christmas tea with "you're tea-rific" (ok that needs work, ugh!)

Ghirardelli has a 3 pack set of stainless steel travel mugs (always helpful to have on hand) with a candy and cocoa for €19, but you could assemble your own thermal mug set with whatever candy, cocoa, tea or coffee you wish.

Post edited by Deja Boo on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I am having a hard time quoting, sorry its not working.

I do love all of jellybears great ideas - cant decide which I like better!

jellybear said: I work in a similar field and my recommendations are- gloves/hat/scarf for cold days when they're on duty outside, nice hand cream since all our hands are suffering with all the hand sanitiser, Christmas tree decoration. I have received some gorgeous ones over the years and I love seeing them each year as I decorate the tree. Dunnes have some lovely ones and they are very reasonably priced!

here are some pinterest tag ideas for "helping hands" cream (or gloves)...

Post edited by Deja Boo on

Advertisement