Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for recommendations for parcel delivery partner

Options
  • 23-11-2020 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Looking for recommendations for parcel delivery partner for onsite parcel collection and delivery for small online business. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dylan765

Ok im updating this in case anyone else out there is looking for the same info,
    currently sending about 30 parcels a week sometimes more, started with AnPost got to say they are great, the only drawback is standing in line at the post office with lots of packages, so i went and tried a number of different courier options,
    DPD always found these guys to be very good, they offer an onsite collection but its very expensive, too expensive really.
    Fastway again onsite collection, prices good its just they don't show up to collect the parcels for days very hit and miss.
    GLS easy start, prices great on the surface what seems a great idea is let down by some truly inept management, waiting close to a week for parcels just to be picked up which is completely unworkable.
    So after giving two weeks chasing up couriers on the phone and major stressing im back with Anpost and calling to the post office is not half the hassle of trying to contact various courier offices. Also you can get a 25% discount on prepaid postage labels with their advantage card.
    All were tried during a level 5 lock down, AnPost head and shoulders above the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Why not prebuy the labels? Packs of 25 for €170 (look up advantage card)
    Edit - just saw you do.
    Then drop them into the local delivery services unit.

I can't see any delivery company adding new business before Christmas, maybe look in January, but volume is small.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

I used to use the An Post pre-paid labels and could drop packages to the Dublin Mail Centre before 19:00 for next day delivery, which was pretty useful for where the business was at the time in the early days.

No queueing in post office.

Not sure of your location or regional An Post mail centres.

Ya the pre-paid labels are perfect for now, all the couriers i mentioned above offer a small volume service though in practice its a disaster with the exception of DPD. I must check the next time im in there to see about dropping the parcels without queuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

Dylan765 wrote: »
    I must check the next time im in there to see about dropping the parcels without queuing.

Just to clarify, I was not dropping parcels to a Post Office, rather I was dropping directly to the Dublin Mail Centre and as I said, I'm not sure if a similar service is offered by An Post in other central hubs throughout the country

• Advertisement

JMR yes i understand, i will check, though after spending a week with GLS a post office queue is like being on holiday :)

Advertisement