Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Property Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

@SarahPL

I know of one house you can definitely hear the link from the back of their house, especially in the back bedrooms (they have dbl glazed windows). They were advised to get triple glazed windows for the back of the house to help with the noise levels which would be of no help in the heat if you want to leave the windows open.

It would personally annoy me but they say they have got used to it

It is a lovely estate

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You do get used to pretty much any consistent noise pollution fairly quickly.

However, there is an argument that noise pollution is bad for your health.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

This is a crazy price

Location is top notch but come on.....this is no way worth 3/4 of a million

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-the-moorings-whitepoint-strand-cobh-co-cork/4041666

We were ready to go to bid on this but we were expecting a price in about 600k. Not a hope we will go to 750k

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

why, why, WHY do people put galley kitchens into family homes? It has 5 bedrooms and a single under-counter fridge that’s suitable for an apartment at best. Not to mention huge dark imposing build in wardrobes in a small bedroom 🤷‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I wouldn't go near a house that close to the sea. That will probably be under water in a decade or sooner if there's some really big storms!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭manniot2

I’m not surprised that house is 750k. How much would it be in Dublin? Well over 1m. Unfortunately due to wfh that’s what you will be facing everywhere decent from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭notAMember

Agree, micro pokey kitchen , it's a very odd house layout. It looks like a building site from outside with the pile of gravel, and photo of a half-finished boundary wall. Like a house that's never been lived in yet. The oven looks like it has a huge sticker on it. But it's decorated like it's in the 90's with the fiddly dark wardrobes and stairs. Was it a build that went bust or got tied up in some legal quagmire I wonder?

It has views I suppose, but location-wise I wouldn't buy anything in Cobh, that one tiny road is the only way in or out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭theboringfox

188k in Dec 11 and now looking for 515k in 2022. Dont think theres much money put in. Some return.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PreCocious

It looks like a whole load of stuff was brought in to style the house for the pictures.

I can't believe that anyone who spent any money on the place would retain what looks to be a very old cooker. (And that's a small kitchen).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I’d say it was a rental. The furniture is either all old or from IKEA (the living room is almost entirely IKEA). No one buys a house as theirs primary residence and has that cooker and a €27 coffee table 11 years later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SummerK

Elmbury, Carrigtowhill launch on 12-Sep

Heathfield, Ballincolog launch on 13-Sep

Heard the next phase of Janeville sold within an hour of launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Missed out on last phase of elmbury, gone in 45 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mrs_J

Uh, when was last phase of Elmbury and Janeville? Oh, btw, anyone want to give a shot at guessing new prices for Heathfield and Elmbury?:)

I thought Heathfield won't go over prices in last phase (April) but I'm not so sure anymore...

I wish! In April 3bed semi were 390k! 4bed semi 440k... For 4bed I would give so much (now) but for 3 bed it's way off. You really think I could hope prices will fall this... fall?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Shauna677

And that awful green bathroom suite and the bath full of plants😫

I recall @ Elmbury 335k for a 3-bed semi and 370k for a 4-bed semi. 4 Bed was small at around 122sq mtr or so while 3 bed was 110sq mtr.

Heathfield was 390k 3 bed while 4 bed were for 440k. I guess they might increase further as this is the time to make the most money when people are struggling to find a roof over their heads.

For Heathfield - my guess is that 4bed will be 455, just to be (on purpose!) out of reach for FH scheme.

For 3bed to go over 390k is just insane. Need to mention they asked for permission to change 6 houses which should have been 3bed to 4 bed with explanation that ppl are working from home and it is more appropriate. Yup, more appropriate for their pocket.

Heathfield, Elmbury, Harbour heights have launched new phase in 3-4 months of launching previous one. Has this happened previously or are they looking to sell a major chunk before sh** hits the fan?

Elmbury are launching 20 houses in this phase afaik which is more than than the last phase.

Spoke to a friend yesterday who booked a 3-bed (120 sq.m) @ Castle heights in April-22 for 365k and it is due to be delivered in Jun-2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I would imagine 350k for 3 bed in elmbury, it was 335 last phase

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭theboringfox

Nice house. Bedrooms would be an issue. Fairly cramped. I am sure it will fly though with bidding given it is in perfect walk in condition and in a great location

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭notAMember

What is the white lower counter section on the kitchen island beside the hob for do you think? Never seen that in a design before.

That house isn't my taste decoratively and the bedrooms are tight alright. I'm always drawn to the site and location as much as a house though, and there are a few things there that would put me off. Plastic grass is something I can barely believe even exists it's so heinous a concept, and I can't figure out how they water the enormous pots up on the roof. Is it directly opposite the rendezvous pub? Now, it's been a while, but that used to be a massive student pub for the RTC / CIT crowd when I was that age. Is it still busy these days?

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 xxccxx1

It hasn’t been open consistently in a while. All CIT students drink in the Bishopstown bar now or the one below Eden Hall.

Closed at the moment. They reopened as a gastro pub before Covid but not sure it took off and Covid put the nail in it.

Has never really attracted a student crowd, but I still wouldn't fancy living that close to a pub. Beantown is also right next door but that's not going to cause much hassle.

House was only bought and renovated by a family a few years back. They did a lovely job to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭crayon80

Affordable Housing Scheme at Cluain Chaoin, Kerry Road, Tower, Cork.

https://cluainchaoin.ie/

36 homes, 2/3/4 beds from €241k to €305k. There is a lot of info in the pdf on the site & income limits are €71,657.00 to €90,386.00.

None of them have an En-Suite. I think we should lower expectations since it’s an affordable house?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

The candles in the fireplace right next to a basket of logs for burning!

Advertisement