Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chances of getting my parcel back? An Post

• 23-11-2020 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13 MenuSourceAuto

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone would have an idea on what the likelihood is I'll get my parcel back.

I am a right fool anyhow..
    I got a prepaid label for UPS to return faulty electronic device for repair.

Not familiar with how these things work, I brought it to my local post office to ask if I could hand it in there, would it make it to where it's going.
    I was told it was fine, and handed it in.

My partner later told me that I should have called UPS for pickup, and not given it to an post (duhh).

I've called the local an post sorting office, and the central customer support team.
    Both tell me that I'll "probably" get it back as it had my return address on the label, but couldn't see for sure or when.

It's been a week now.

Presumably I'm the first idiot in history to make this mistake :) but anyone know if it's likely I'll get the package back or any other better way I can follow this up directly myself?

Cheers

Comments

• Do you have the UPS tracking number? Worth checking their site to see if it made it's way to UPS.

I wouldn't be surprised if it got handed over to UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MenuSourceAuto

Do you have the UPS tracking number? Worth checking their site to see if it made it's way to UPS.

I wouldn't be surprised if it got handed over to UPS.

Hi yes I have and do check it daily, but no update there other than label created.

My assumption was, since I haven't paid an post (no stamp or anything), that they wouldn't process it after noting that the label wasn't theirs.

• My assumption was, since I haven't paid an post (no stamp or anything), that they wouldn't process it after noting that the label wasn't theirs.

I'd say it could turn up eventually. Unfortunately not really much you can do except go back to the post office and see what they did with it.

I know my local post office which is in a shop would hand over parcels to UPS/DPD. But thats just the staff being helpful then a service they offer. Thought An Post do work with DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MenuSourceAuto

I'd say it could turn up eventually. Unfortunately not really much you can do except go back to the post office and see what they did with it.

I know my local post office which is in a shop would hand over parcels to UPS/DPD. But thats just the staff being helpful then a service they offer. Thought An Post do work with DHL.

Okay cheers, that's a glimmer of hope so :)

My local post office just throw it in the box for pickup, so not sure they would know what the story might be beyond that, and the people I spoke to over the phone didn't either so I guess all I can do is sit and wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I've used RM prepaid labels in the AP mailbag before and its worked. UPS is a stretch though.

With current backlogs lost mail is a low priority Id say, give a month or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I posted a larger envelope last May with no postage on it at all. (I know!)

It took 12 weeks to get back to me. They was no charge just lots of stickers on it that there was incomplete postage paid etc. It addressed to the UK so I'm glad it didn't leave the country.

Advertisement