Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Door Lock - Has Anyone Got This ?

Options
  • 23-11-2020 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

So I am about to buy a smart lock and I’m thinking of this one:
    Ultion Smart Danalock v3

It has the following;

Bluetooth 4.2, Z-Wave, Zigbee, 256bit AES Encryption

Has anyone got one, working on Z-Wave or Zigbee??

Anyone recommend an alternative, to work with Google (not Apple)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I was at a cyber security lecture a year ago which would make me very slow to be entrusting my house security to these systems.

There is a case in germany where burglars hacked a wifi doll belonging to a child which recorded the voice activation commands of the owner when operating his alarm. I'll let you work out what happened.

The lecturer gave a doll to one of her students and told him to make a doll do something it shouldnt do. He came back to her 10 minutes later, job done and programming changed. The risks of wifi systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭danicm

VUDuo2 wrote: »
    So I am about to buy a smart lock and I’m thinking of this one:
    Ultion Smart Danalock v3

It has the following;

Bluetooth 4.2, Z-Wave, Zigbee, 256bit AES Encryption

Has anyone got one, working on Z-Wave or Zigbee??

Anyone recommend an alternative, to work with Google (not Apple)

I'm also looking for a smart look and haven't seen this one, look interesting! Pity that it doesn't support Google Assistant, yet! On their FAQ it says they plan to release a firmware update to support it by late 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭VUDuo2

danicm wrote: »
    I'm also looking for a smart look and haven't seen this one, look interesting! Pity that it doesn't support Google Assistant, yet! On their FAQ it says they plan to release a firmware update to support it by late 2020.

Maybe invest in a smart hub that does support G.A. amongst other things. I'm about to purchase one of these, Hubitat Elevation C7

Model C-7, featuring a new 700 Series Z-Wave chip
    S2 security and SmartStart
    Choose from a wide range of compatible devices
    Built-in support for more than 100 unique smart devices
    Support of the Z-Wave and Zigbee protocols
    Supports numerous popular platform integrations including Philips Hue Bridge, Amazon Echo, Google Home, and IFTTT
    Comes with more than a dozen built-in applications
    Migrate existing home automation systems from older cloud-based systems
    Hub connects to local area network via the included Ethernet cable, with built-in Zigbee and Z-Wave radios

Advertisement