Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reeling in the years box set?

• 23-11-2020 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone know where you can buy the box set of Reeling in the Years?

I can only find a couple of used ones on amazon. Thought there would be somewhere to buy them new

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

It's no longer in production so you'd only be able to get a second hand copy.

They deleted it about 3 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

QikBax wrote: »
    It's no longer in production so you'd only be able to get a second hand copy.

They deleted it about 3 years ago.

Balls, thanks.

Seems a bit mad that they'd stop producing it, surely it'd be popular enough

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Any time it's been mentioned here people always thought that the cost of music rights would make the sets prohibitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

My dad got a set last Christmas called reeling in the 80s, there's few different decades I think. Since was only last year some places might have them under that name.
    Somebody told me there's a difference in the amount of international news on the box set but watching the 80s DVD, I didn't notice.

Thanks, I suppose the licencing makes a bit of sense.

I managed to find a torrent of it which will do the job, its a pity though that it can't be got new, it'd be a great present.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

I managed to find a torrent of it which will do the job, its a pity though that it can't be got new, it'd be a great present.

Pity it's not socially acceptable to give them the torrented files on a USB stick for Christmas.

I have that torrent, but I still prefer to just stumble across an episode from a random (pre-2000) year after the 6-1 news on a bank holiday Monday.

.anon. wrote: »
    Pity it's not socially acceptable to give them the torrented files on a USB stick for Christmas.

I have that torrent, but I still prefer to just stumble across an episode from a random (pre-2000) year after the 6-1 news on a bank holiday Monday.

The 5 seeders are absolute legends, fair play if you're one of them.

I'm gonna look into the cost/hassle of printing dvd labels/covers and seeing if I can make my own little box set

Advertisement