Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide: Greatest Cartoon Ever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

Omackeral wrote: »
    The Quarter Final draw has been made for tonight. Personally, I think I can pick three winners from the fixtures but the fourth and final one is a toss up.

Schedule should be as follows.

QF 1 7:15PM
    QF 2 8:00PM
    QF 3 8:45PM
    QF 4 9:30 PM

This is great. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

4 minute warning...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Roger

All matches will last for 30 minutes. As this is the quarter final, I'd would ask that you try to give some sort of reason for or against your choice. In the event of a draw, these will be used to determine who goes to the final four.

DuckTales

e5062899afa8ccb8fbdb36e47c68f0d4.jpg

VS

South Park

south-park-season-13-title-screen.jpg

• Advertisement

South Park. Not a huge fan but I've watched it now and again. It was watchable when The Simpsons had jumped the shark - my opinion of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

DuckTales ; two of the better shows left, its a shame they're up against each other, but gotta give it to DuckTales, its good honest fun, and did a great job at worldbuilding and using a recurring cast of characters. The 2017 reboot is especially brilliant.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Omackeral wrote:
    South Park

I love Ducktales but South Park is an easy choice here for a number of reasons

Characters, comedy value and the impressive way they are able to produce episodes in line with current events.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Necro wrote: »
    I love Ducktales but South Park is an easy choice here for a number of reasons

Characters, comedy value and the impressive way they are able to produce episodes in line with current events.

Yeah, all this really

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

As good as ducktales is, it isn't a patch on South Park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

South park. It's so much more than a simple cartoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Tough.

South Park, I think. More variety, even if a little less... wholesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Bah - I'll have to go southpark - I hear ducktales has gotten even better recently, but the last 5-7 seasons of south park have been incredible.

South Park advances to the Semi-final

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

South park

Edit: balls i just logged on

Looney Tunes

looney-tunes-header-BagoGames-flickr.jpg?q=65&enable=upscale&w=600

VS

Animaniacs

636506909228207100-Animaniacs-Press-Artwork.jpg?width=660&height=373&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp

Looney Tunes - though I'm not fussed on either

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Looney Tunes.
    They had some of the best cartoon characters ever.
    Shame they never show them anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Animaniacs. Great little sketches. Did enjoy looney tunes, but a bit samey. Animaniacs gave more bang for your buck.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Both great, but I'll shade it for Animaniacs. Was like Looney Tunes but a bit loonier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Omackeral wrote:
    Looney Tunes

Kinda has to be Looney Tunes for me. Without Looney Tunes you don't have animaniacs.

Two height weights here, looney tunes has so many good characters and is a fantastic cartoon but Animaniacs gets my vote

I think i saw Road runner and Wile E Coyote on their own, surely they fall under looney tunes banner, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Looney Tunes I like both & couldn't give a credible enough reason for looney tunes only that it made me think of the 10p Taz bars & how I used to mill them. So that swayed it for me in the end :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Animaniacs ; its what Looney Tunes evolved in to and is the peak of what cartoons should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Looney Tunes - yes , i am old

Looney Tunes.
    They had some of the best cartoon characters ever.
    Shame they never show them anymore :(

I think I seen some on Prime video

Shout out to Mel Blanc as well who did most of the voices for Looney Tunes, very talented guy.
    Fun Fact: He was allergic to carrots, they caused his throat to constrict. So he used to eat carrots before voicing Bugs to in order to get that distinctive high pitched voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,508 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Anamaniacs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,027 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement