Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build Back Better

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    They protect us from dangerous infectious diseases. I can't believe I actually have to write this on a forum.

Thanks to vaccines we no longer have to worry about e.g. Smallpox which killed an estimated 300 million people in the 20th century alone (and many more previously)

Risk of death was about 30%

225px-Child_with_Smallpox_Bangladesh.jpg
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallpox

there will be an annual vaccine for this "COVID" virus

Luke O'Neill has as much said so

any changes or mutations to the vaccine they just go back in and they can change it quickly and roll out a new jab again

so much for it giving immunity

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    they have already stated that they are not sure if you had covid that you have built immunity from it, so if you cant get immunity from the virus with your own in built vaccine builder immune system, then how does a vaccine do it

We aren't sure yet

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/05/health/covid-natural-immunity.html
    Which produces a stronger immune response: a natural infection or a vaccine?
    The short answer: We don’t know. But Covid-19 vaccines have predictably prevented illness, and they are a far safer bet, experts said.

Vaccines for some pathogens, like pneumococcal bacteria, induce better immunity than the natural infection does. Early evidence suggests that the Covid-19 vaccines may fall into this category. Volunteers who received the Moderna shot had more antibodies — one marker of immune response — in their blood than did people who had been sick with Covid-19.

In other cases, however, a natural infection is more powerful than a vaccine. For example, having mumps — which can, in rare cases, cause fertility problems in men — generates lifelong immunity, but some people who have received one or two doses of the vaccine still get the disease.

there will be an annual vaccine for this "COVID" virus

Luke O'Neill has as much said so

any changes or mutations to the vaccine they just go back in and they can change it quickly and roll out a new jab again

And there's a seasonal flu jab.

You seem to be using this thread for basic easy-to-find information on vaccines/Covid, is there any particular reason why?

What about all the conspiracies you mentioned earlier, why can't you detail or support any of them?

Another part of the article which address some of the more common contrarian points here
    I’m young, healthy and at low risk of Covid. Why not take my chances with that rather than get a rushed vaccine?
    The experts were unanimous in their answer: Covid-19 is by far the more dangerous option.

“It’s clear that one is less problematic for the body to recover from them than the other — there’s more risk with natural infection,” said Marion Pepper, an immunologist at the University of Washington in Seattle.

People who are obese, or who have diseases like diabetes are particularly susceptible to severe cases of Covid-19. On average, the virus seems to be less risky for younger people, and women tend to fare better than men. But beyond those broad generalizations, doctors don’t know why some people get very sick and die while others have no symptoms.

For example, people who harbor certain mutations in immune genes are more susceptible to the disease, several studies have shown. “So there’s a risk factor that has nothing to do with age,” Dr. Gommerman said.

In a study of more than 3,000 people, ages 18 to 34, who were hospitalized for Covid, 20 percent required intensive care and 3 percent died.

ah the NY Times, a democratic state controlled by the elite...

Pardon me if I dont believe what they spit out as its controlled propaganda

• Advertisement

The outlet is "state controlled" by "the elite"? can you back that up please. Also can you point out the parts that are false in that article, and provide a proper rebuttal with sources.

Again, can you back up any conspiracy claim you've made in this thread, they are starting to mount up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Trump lost the Snooker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I like to travel. I have had multiple tetanus vaccinations. Boosters are required every 10 years. I had multiple shots for rabies. It is 3 shots I think, and then a booster every now and again. Yellow fever....again multiple. Basically what I am saying is vaccines often need boosters and may be the case with covid. Also, vaccines change such as the seasonal flu one. Most years there are some changes to it. I'd much rather have the vaccinations than the diseases.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Pardon me if I dont believe what they spit out as its controlled propaganda

But you expect us to believe some random guy on a youtube video :pac:

They neglected to show my interview....:mad:
    Talk about biased

I'm convinced now, Brendan O'Connor is going to be first in the queue

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

The outlet is "state controlled" by "the elite"? can you back that up please. Also can you point out the parts that are false in that article, and provide a proper rebuttal with sources.

Again, can you back up any conspiracy claim you've made in this thread, they are starting to mount up.

The NYT's long association with the CIA is a matter of record.

Some random person mentions Brendan O'Connor said that he will be first in the queue and you believe it will happen? Maybe it will for publicity and recorded for TV, but it is really just a phrase that you are reading too much into. It's just like some people say they will be first in the queue for concert tickets, when they just try to get them online at the same time as everyone else. Usually there is nothing more to what is said than a passing comment that you appear to try to read into. Chances are that no one will know who in Ireland got the vaccine first.

sabat wrote: »
    The NYT's long association with the CIA is a matter of record.

Cool, specifically what in that article is false? and can you provide the correct information

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Cool, specifically what in that article is false? and can you provide the correct information
    I suspect that this claim is just to dismiss the point without having to address it.

Any evidence contrary to the conspiracy can be dismissed as part of the conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

You'd be in the minority of anybody who's researched it to think it's just coincidental and not connected.

But fair enough, we'll see how it plays out next year. For what it's worth, I obviously hope you're right and nothing much comes of it.

If, by 'research', you mean, watching YouTube videos...then, that's not research.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

They neglected to show my interview....:mad:
    Talk about biased

This didn’t age well Lex.

This didn’t age well Lex.

What are you on about?

What are you on about?

This:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/a-momentous-day-annie-lynch-79-first-person-to-get-covid-19-vaccine-in-state-1.4446909?localLinksEnabled=false

What your mind was convinced off was wrong again. It was proven quite quickly.

seriously pal, you need to change those batteries on your sarcasm detector

seriously pal, you need to change those batteries on your sarcasm detector

New default reply when you are proved wrong? You’ll be using it a lot ;)

• Advertisement

ya maybe you're right, I actually did think Brendan O'Connor was going to be the first person in Ireland to get the jab, followed by Zig & Zag, Twink & Daniel O'Donnell

• Registered Users Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

ya maybe you're right, I actually did think Brendan O'Connor was going to be the first person in Ireland to get the jab, followed by Zig & Zag, Twink & Daniel O'Donnell

Well in fairness you have shown that you believe more ludicrous things than any of that. :D

Probably the most realistic post you have made in this forum :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

https://mobile.twitter.com/simondolan/status/1344185871122087938

The same script being followed all across the EU/West. The 'build back better' script. This has nothing to do with a vaccine. It's all about absolute and total control.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Quiner wrote: »
    https://mobile.twitter.com/simondolan/status/1344185871122087938

The same script being followed all across the EU/West. The 'build back better' script. This has nothing to do with a vaccine. It's all about absolute and total control.

What about this?
    https://jrnl.ie/5312843
    Also before you lose your mind over it being the journal... There is a tweet in the article as you seem to trust twitter the most for your sources

EyesClosed wrote: »
    What about this?
    https://jrnl.ie/5312843
    Also before you lose your mind over it being the journal... There is a tweet in the article as you seem to trust twitter the most for your sources

Yes, there is a virus that is putting health systems under pressure. I don't know why people deny there is a virus. It's that the virus is being taken advantage of. That's the fear many have.

Yes, there is a virus that is putting health systems under pressure. I don't know why people deny there is a virus. It's that the virus is being taken advantage of. That's the fear many have.

Taken advantage of by a scary conference.. That happens ever year? Yeap scary stuff

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Taken advantage of by a scary conference.. That happens ever year? Yeap scary stuff

David Rockefeller said in 1991 that they (a small group of elites) had been working on the agenda for the past 40 years. He even thanked the mainstream media for keeping quiet about it.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,519 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

David Rockefeller said in 1991 that they (a small group of elites) had been working on the agenda for the past 40 years. He even thanked the mainstream media for keeping quiet about it.

If they have been trying to "build back better" for 40 years before 1991 (ie 1951) then they have failed miserably for almost 70 years....

Nothing to be afraid of there.

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    If they have been trying to "build back better" for 40 years before 1991 (ie 1951) then they have failed miserably for almost 70 years....

Nothing to be afraid of there.

Also the world has been built back better many many times in loads of different ways since then. Its called society evolving.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement