Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ONLINE PURCHASE ERROR

Options
  • 24-11-2020 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Greetings Bank of Ireland,

I have recently made a purchase online but had an error when I entered my payment details and the charges were sent to be processed hence appearing on my bank account via BOI App. The error happened 3 times which is why I have 3 of the same processing charges on my account. I am aware that it is a common practice by most bank issuers and that the balance will appear to be charged. But my concern is that it has been 5 working days already yet the charges are still showing under “processing” transaction and has not returned back to my current balance. How long will that take for it to be cleared and put back on my current balance? Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

ChiefRocka wrote: »
    Greetings Bank of Ireland,

I have recently made a purchase online but had an error when I entered my payment details and the charges were sent to be processed hence appearing on my bank account via BOI App. The error happened 3 times which is why I have 3 of the same processing charges on my account. I am aware that it is a common practice by most bank issuers and that the balance will appear to be charged. But my concern is that it has been 5 working days already yet the charges are still showing under “processing” transaction and has not returned back to my current balance. How long will that take for it to be cleared and put back on my current balance? Thank you.
    Hi ChiefRocka, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today on Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear these 3 transactions were cancelled. If this is the fifth working day, these transactions should fall off the account overnight tonight. These transactions should simply fall off the account, and this will reflect in your balance. 

If we can help with this further, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Thanks again,
    Richard

Advertisement