Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Games Sheepish Advent Calendar 2020!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

DvB wrote: »
    I already regret it.... :D

Same!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

DvB wrote: »
    I already regret it.... :D

It can't any worse than mu approach, never having seen it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Purgative wrote: »
    It can't any worse than mu approach, never having seen it :o

I'll give you a hand so.

It's set at Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

Never seen it,
    I think I might know the answer,
    It might also be hilariously wrong so I think I'll guess,
    Should be fun

The joys of having useless acquaintances. Friend of mine quotes this when the topic of Die Hard (not) being a Christmas movie comes up.

• Advertisement

The best way to watch Die Hard is by joining in Rikand’s die hard themed werewolf game over the festive season.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058137543/1/#post115509672

Goddammit.
    I actually guessed at the actual answer, instead of guessing what everyone else would say....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Oh this is an evil question....and I have no idea. There's a number in my head that I'm taking to be the right answer but I may as well be picking a number out of the bingo ball machine. How far do I want to deviate from that though.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e475d4f87390eb51024a217fb63c7c5812c84af9817&rid=giphy.gif

and it's only day 4

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I have a funny feeling I might know the correct answer. Shame I didn't have that feeling when I was sending in my entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

...and it's only day 4
    Playtime's over, the advent calendar is getting real now :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I know the answer to this but I didn’t go with it. I don’t trust my own instincts in this game though so I’m expecting bad things.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Logs in to read today's question. :)

Reads today's question. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

'Come over to Forum Games. We'll get together, have a few laughs' :pac:

I think I should have guessed a lower number...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,330 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I think I should have guessed a lower number...

You and me both...... I think I took all the assurances that it IS a Christmas movie despite appearances a little too literally.......

(having not been able to resist googling the answer after I'd submitted my entry!)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    You and me both...... I think I took all the assurances that it IS a Christmas movie despite appearances a little too literally.......

(having not been able to resist googling the answer after I'd submitted my entry!)

It is a Christmas Movie! Its the best Christmas Movie! The only people who say its not a Christmas Movie are people who haven't bothered watching it or are just absolute lying f*cking a*seholes...

Lunchtime reminder
    Q4: How many times is the word "Christmas" mentioned in the script of Die Hard?
    PM me your answer before 7pm

40/46 answers already in :)

Also, is it too early to hype next year's?
    I thought of a great variation and have just written 9 questions :pac:

It is a Christmas Movie! Its the best Christmas Movie! The only people who say its not a Christmas Movie are people who haven't bothered watching it or are just absolute lying f*cking a*seholes...

giphy.gif

It's not nearly as Christmas a movie as I estimated, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Now I've just done it and found my original guess was right - but no I couldn't leave it that, I had to use logic and voodoo to come up with something really daft.

• Advertisement

'Come over to Forum Games. We'll get together, have a few laughs' :pac:
    e55.gif

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Despite appearances??? It has a Christmas party. It has Christmas music. It has a dead guy with Ho! Ho! Ho! written on him. How much more Christmassy do you want? Unless you mean the lack of snow? You need the second greatest Christmas movie for that - Die Hard 2.

It's not nearly as Christmas a movie as I estimated, though!

Ah c'mon, you can't actually get more Christmassy than Now I Have a Machine Gun... Ho! Ho! Ho! smeared in blood on a dead bad guy, tied to an office chair, in a Santa hat, sent down in an elevator as a cheery seasonal "f**k you" to Hans Gruber and his buddies...

giphy.gif

Name something more festive than that from any other movie...

You can't! Because that's as good as it gets - nothing else can sum up Christmas more perfectly.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Zaph wrote: »
    Despite appearances??? It has a Christmas party. It has Christmas music. It has a dead guy with Ho! Ho! Ho! written on him. How much more Christmassy do you want? Unless you mean the lack of snow? You need the second greatest Christmas movie for that - Die Hard 2.
    Ah c'mon, you can't actually get more Christmassy than Now I Have a Machine Gun... Ho! Ho! Ho! smeared in blood on a dead bad guy, tied to an office chair, in a Santa hat, sent down in an elevator as a cheery seasonal "f**k you" to Hans Gruber and his buddies...

giphy.gif

Name something more festive than that from any other movie...

You can't! Because that's as good as it gets - nothing else can sum up Christmas more perfectly.

Woah, calm down!

I've never seen it!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ah it really isn't Christmas without a good old fashioned Die Hard debate :D

Woah, calm down!

I've never seen it!!!

giphy.gif

Necro wrote: »
    Ah it really isn't Christmas without a good old fashioned Die Hard debate :D
    I didn't realise I'd be starting an argument...

62d9cad817b22727f63de062cb66f44cdcbf4fac_00.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

What better time to open old wounds and dredge up age-old arguments than Xmas? :)

• Advertisement

I didn't realise I'd be starting an argument...

giphy.gif

Advertisement