Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Games Sheepish Advent Calendar 2020!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

What better time to open old wounds and dredge up age-old arguments than Xmas? :)
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Zaph wrote: »
    Despite appearances??? It has a Christmas party. It has Christmas music. It has a dead guy with Ho! Ho! Ho! written on him. How much more Christmassy do you want? Unless you mean the lack of snow? You need the second greatest Christmas movie for that - Die Hard 2.

I think there's plenty of Snow... it's just up Ellis' snozz... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Lunchtime reminder

40/46 answers already in :)

Also, is it too early to hype next year's?
    I thought of a great variation and have just written 9 questions :pac:

Have you met us Christmas forum people? It’s never too early to talk Christmas, we read and post about it all year lol

Have you met us Christmas forum people? It’s never too early to talk Christmas, we read and post about it all year lol

Is there a year long Die Hard debate?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Is there a year long Die Hard debate?

That ended years ago. Though those of us that disagreed with the outcome snipe from the fringes every now & again...

FWIW theres a couple of great christmas podcasts that discuss that very topic, to the extent my own stance changed, briefly.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

1.gif

/discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Are you all being punished for something really unspeakable?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

When everyone arguing about their number being too small or too big and your answer is letters

OIDA0g5.gif

Purgative wrote: »
    Are you all being punished for something really unspeakable?

:D:D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

:mad: :(

• Advertisement

The internet is wonderful. It gives the outcasts of society a place to gather and enjoy one another's virtual company.

Trigger wrote: »
    1.gif

/discussion
    Ek4EJEyWMAYR-Sb.jpg

By that logic... When Harry Met Sally, Christmas film ;)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ek4EJEyWMAYR-Sb.jpg

By that logic... When Harry Met Sally, Christmas film ;)

But it's only partially set at Christmas, so it doesn't really count. Plus it doesn't have a jolly European man with a nice suit and a beard.

Ooooh yeah! Now I remember! Last year we all decided Electric Nitwit was actually totally evil! How did I forget that????

Ooooh yeah! Now I remember! Last year we all decided Electric Nitwit was actually totally evil! How did I forget that????
    I did get this PM today :o

535154.png

Also - just Mam and Sephi left to day today! :)

535154.png

Yeah, you see!!

535154.png

Why'd you block out their name though? There isn't gonna be tears and drama with that sort of anonimity...

...and I'm only here for the drama :pac:

Why'd you block out their name though? There isn't gonna be tears and drama with that sort of anonimity...

...and I'm only here for the drama :pac:
    I don't want the suspicion to instantly fall on me when they have a little accident ;)

I don't want the suspicion to instantly fall on me when they have a little accident ;)

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

If I suddenly go missing with no contact, you all know who to blame...

tenor.gif?itemid=12404339

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

535154.png

Just mam now is it ?

And everyone's entered :)

So, as is traditional now, I can tell you the correct but irrelevant answer is 18

That and many other facts can be found at Using data to determine if Die Hard is a Christmas movie

Like yesterday, I think most people have got pretty close, but a few have had a disaster!

Feck

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ahhh feck I was way way waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off like

So, as is traditional now, I can tell you the correct but irrelevant answer is 18

That and many other facts can be found at Using data to determine if Die Hard is a Christmas movie

Like yesterday, I think most people have got pretty close, but a few have had a disaster!

Ya me being one :D

2b18d1342b59471571d6a34fd6be2a9e.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

I was 90% sure the answer was 0.
    Glad I decided to guess now :')

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Ouch, thats eh not good for me :(

I was 90% sure the answer was 0.
    Glad I decided to guess now :')
    You weren't the only one to suggest that!
    Good that you're on your toes. There aren't any trick questions though

...or are there? ;)

No, really, there aren't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

It must be a lousy script if Christmas is mentioned 18 times. I'm off to read Shakespeare, I don't care about this silly game.

Advertisement