Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Games Sheepish Advent Calendar 2020!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

You might like this Heidi - I think there's 15 Christmases in the first 20 seconds. At that rate Die Hard could have had nearly 6000! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Is there questions on weekends also btw? Or is this a Monday to Friday thing?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Is there questions on weekends also btw? Or is this a Monday to Friday thing?
    Yep, every day from now until Christmas eve!
    You'd think I'd have learnt from last year but I didn't :pac:

Don't know what tomorrow's question is yet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Dropping 23 places in one round is rather impressive even if I do say so myself

duffman13 wrote: »
    Dropping 23 places in one round is rather impressive even if I do say so myself
    It's not the aim of the game, but Hyblaeus dropped 33 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

If you look at the scores and the potential for people to drop dramatically, especially if you get a negative score, it really is anyone's game!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,330 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It's not the aim of the game, but Hyblaeus dropped 33 :eek:

Hah!

Makes my 30 point plummet look positively paltry:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Ha love it. Total guess nets me full marks rofl. I need to stop thinking about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭tscul32

Yesss, not last any more. Ironically I actually bought a wooden spoon this morning in Ikea.

Yesss, not last any more. Ironically I actually bought a wooden spoon this morning in Ikea.

• Advertisement

Oops for double post, I'm just very pleased.

tscul32 wrote: »
    Oops for double post, I'm just very pleased.
    Simon-Pegg-Laugh-Chuckle-Thumbs-Up-Gif.gif

Eighteen? Really? I was very close to submitting zero, I actually thought guessing six might've been overkill!

Why does a non-Christmas film, that's clearly not about Christmas, mention Christmas eighteen times? That's just poor writing, I don't think I'll even bother watching it now....which I wasn't going to do this month anyway, with it not being a Christmas film and all...

Good morning elves, welcome to day 5 of the Forum Games Sheepish Advent Calendar!
    mg_five_xmas_comp.gif

Today we're looking at Christmas trees. Specifically, very big Christmas trees...
    425a57490d1b778552e42237dca29a03.jpg

Q5: How tall, in metres, was the tallest ever Christmas tree?
    According to the Guinness Book of Records, the world's tallest cut Christmas tree was erected and decorated at Northgate Shopping Center, Seattle, in December 1950. How tall was it?

PM me your answer before 7pm
    I'll reveal everyone's answers and scores around 8:00-8:30

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

chandler-from-friends-thats-how-its-done.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Just remembered that my brain switches off when I have to think of numbers. I have zero concept of distance so my answer is probably way too high! As long as everyone else is similarly rubbish it should be okay, right?

These "how long/how tall" questions are always impossible for me to comprehend: I could end up ridiculously underestimating the answer, or else giving you a tree that's taller than the distance from Earth to the Moon.

Not looking to start a bun fight here but.....

Metric or imperial?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Metric or imperial?

EN said Metres! :)

Metric or imperial?

Ooooooo someone hasn't read the question fully...

• Advertisement

Is that the picture of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Oh shoite - just googled it

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e472qcrypxkxhy1cl8ty8g4r6wd7w7h7lnu8pjktvm0&rid=giphy.webp

Ooooooo someone hasn't read the question fully...

You are correct, in my defence it was early of a saturday and I had yet to have a coffee....

In term of the answer, have had a think and still have no idea, think ill leave this one til later... as cant judge if people will go large on this one or not.

Edit. Sod it just submitted it, suspect I've gone too small though. Almost afraid to Google it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

You are correct, in my defence it was early of a saturday and I had yet to have a coffee....

In term of the answer, have had a think and still have no idea, think ill leave this one til later... as cant judge if people will go large on this one or not.

It's American, it's 1957, just think the cold war and the Xmas tree wars between the USSR and USA.

Think of the tallest russian Xmas tree and then add some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Edit. Sod it just submitted it, suspect I've gone too small though. Almost afraid to Google it now.

Google it and then you have the whole day to regret your answer like me :o

Was this on tv recently? I'm certain I saw this and was really shocked but I can't remember now what the height actually was.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,330 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

After my spectacular over-estimation yesterday, I hope I haven't swung too far the other direction for this one.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

EN: "how tall in metres"
    Trigs: "xxx feet "

*facepalm.gif*

I hope you accept my corrected answer :pac:

I know how tall a good Douglas fir can grow, and the biggest grow in the Pacific north-west.

I've gone against my better judgement and taken a chunk off my original answer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Trigger wrote: »
    EN: "how tall in metres"
    Trigs: "xxx feet "

*facepalm.gif*

I hope you accept my corrected answer :pac:

Literally said this to EN in my PM
    I fully expect a few answers in feet which could bork the median

:pac::pac:

Advertisement