Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Games Sheepish Advent Calendar 2020!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Oops, forgot the comments again!

I *think* the one in Seattle was around 200 ft which is.... 60 metres? I think 50 is a better answer though, though I fully expect a few answers in feet which could bork the median.... :pac:

I think my new process is - ditch any process

No idea but Americans like to supersize things...

I’m looking out the back at my neighbours houses and I know it’s about 6 metres to the top gutters so I’m visualising 10 houses on top of each other. I used to have random thoughts like this back in the days of getting stoned! Good times :D

Guessing that the picture isnt Stateside, just doesnt look American but estimating that it's approx 27 people tall around 1.8 m each and adding 30% for the yanks

I have no concept of distance whatsoever, I know the Rockefeller tree that fell over was something like 75ft... So it could hardly be much taller or it would fall over? But would they have used one of the California Redwoods if it is Seattle and they are like 300ft + or something ridiculous.

Not even sure where to begin on this one. They got some giant trees in America, but I have no idea how to judge the size or distance of things, and I reckon I won't be the only one, so absolute stab in the dark... go big or go home... or go small and get stepped on... could go either way...

I know I saw this but I can't remember and my head's wrecked trying to so I'm just going with the first thing that popped into my head.

40 guitars. A guitar is a meter in length, so I guess I'll say 40 meters if you prefer.

Do I get extra points for submitting this whilst listening to christmas songs and wrapping christmas presents? I could reeeeeeeally use a few extra points. So my strategy here is to look at the biggest tree in my back garden and then add a few meters and hope everyone else thinks the same. So I'm going to go for 15 meters tall.

69 meters. Because I want to have 69 as an answer and I have no capacity to estimate height :pac:

So I'm around 1.78 metres tall. How many 'me's could it possibly be? I'm assuming it is a real tree, and they didn't just paint a skyscraper green and stick some branches out the windows? Let's say it's somewhere between 10 and 15 'me's tall....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Phew! when the median was 50m I thought i was dropping. At least I hung on.

Necro wrote: »
    KttpNjc.gif
    Very good call! You knew it was higher but played the crowd like a fiddle

"69 meters. Because I want to have 69 as an answer and I have no capacity to estimate height :pac:"

This was Seph wasn't it??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The median today was a little off - 50m

Player | Guess | Score
    Also Starring LeVar Burton | 120.00 | -0.6
    Not even sure where to begin on this one. They got some giant trees in America, but I have no idea how to judge the size or distance of things, and I reckon I won't be the only one, so absolute stab in the dark... go big or go home... or go small and get stepped on... could go either way...

True to my word at least...

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Do I get extra points for submitting this whilst listening to christmas songs and wrapping christmas presents? I could reeeeeeeally use a few extra points. So my strategy here is to look at the biggest tree in my back garden and then add a few meters and hope everyone else thinks the same. So I'm going to go for 15 meters tall.

This was me. My strategy did not work and I see no extra points. EN you bastard. But it's nice to see I am climbing the table. Ever so slowly. *shakes fist at leaders*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

69 meters. Because I want to have 69 as an answer and I have no capacity to estimate height :pac:

*confused look*

What ya getting at there padre!?

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Holy guacamole! 200m?!? Sure, the good Lord himself would have to put the star on top of that!!!! It'd be in the feckin' clouds!!!

Ever our lord had to use a footstool :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

I can't even use the excuse of thinking it was feet either, I was just thinking, well, there are loads of tall trees, so if this is a world record, this one must be really tall!

Now I see the tallest tree in the whole world is only 116m, so yeah, I have no excuses other than being an absolute moron :o

So tomorrow's answer will be 5 followed by a certain number of zeroes.

• Advertisement

Never mind the high measurements, what the hell was Ted thinking? 4.75 metres. That’s not far off the height of a double decker bus!

:D

God damn it, I originally estimated it as 20 'me's tall and that was 36 metres (rounded up)....thought that sounded too high so cut my guess downwards when I should have been thinking bigger.

No way was that 67 metre monstrosity a real tree, the Yanks obviously pumped it with steroids before putting it up. >_<

Never mind the high measurements, what the hell was Ted thinking? 4.75 metres. That’s not far off the height of a double decker bus!

Haha yeah that's hilarious too on the other end of the scale! :D

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    This was me. My strategy did not work and I see no extra points. EN you bastard. But it's nice to see I am climbing the table. Ever so slowly. *shakes fist at leaders*
    I disapprove off Christmas songs, and having presents sorted this early :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Yeah I have no clue how that tree managed to stay up.

I was way off though. This year's Rockafeller tree is 22meters tall. That's a good 7 meters taller than my guess. Doh.

Classic brother brother tedo!

Classic brother brother tedo!
    Ted calls The Guinness Book of Records, thinking he's broken the record...

fd6f19d901cba5b263bb2333f4e08361.gif

Ted calls The Guinness Book of Records, thinking he's broken the record...

fd6f19d901cba5b263bb2333f4e08361.gif

A live feed of all of us facepalming when he was on the phone to them :pac:

DescriptiveMatureBlackwidowspider-small.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Holy guacamole! 200m?!? Sure, the good Lord himself would have to put the star on top of that!!!! It'd be in the feckin' clouds!!!

I thought the answer was going to be 140m so I halved it thinking everyone else would guess low.

I just pulled a homer.

pull a Homer (third-person singular simple present pulls a Homer, present participle pulling a Homer, simple past and past participle pulled a Homer)

(informal, humorous) To succeed despite idiocy.

Loughc wrote: »
    I thought the answer was going to be 140m so I halved it thinking everyone else would guess low.

I just pulled a homer.

pull a Homer (third-person singular simple present pulls a Homer, present participle pulling a Homer, simple past and past participle pulled a Homer)

(informal, humorous) To succeed despite idiocy.

Pull_a_Homer.jpg

• Advertisement

*sigh* If only I had pulled a Homer.....can't even pull myself. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

:eek:

:pac:

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

The decimal place was in wrong place. Should have been 47.5

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

A likely story! :D

....can't even pull myself. :(

9706368.gif

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Ouch that fall hurt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Well fekk ye all, I'm not going to take any question serious from here on.

Really skew the scoring.

• Advertisement

Well fekk ye all, I'm not going to take any question serious from here on.

Really skew the scoring.
    Ah Ted, I believe you and you know I'd change it... but you know what the rest of them are like!

Advertisement