Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Games Sheepish Advent Calendar 2020!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I think fastway deliver them, so they're thrown on the road near a random house in Sweden

That's closer than I'd expect from Fastway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Zaph wrote:
    That's closer than I'd expect from Fastway.

Aye usually it's the wheelie bin...

Of a neighbour two streets away

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Collie D wrote: »
    Haha, I just sent you a rather long rant about them in my answer and just had to go back and double check I actually gave you a number.
    It was a funny coincidence seeing your message, after writing that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Doesn't Santa have an email address, who write letters anymore.

Sorry EN. I kinda went on a rant in my answer :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Kolido wrote: »
    Doesn't Santa have an email address, who write letters anymore.

We cook ours, give it to the elf, who brings it to Santa and returns it as a decoration.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I think the rant quota for this question is going to be particularly high!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

khalessi wrote: »
    We cook ours, give it to the elf, who brings it to Santa and returns it as a decoration.

I can only assume this was a typo? :confused:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Personally I'd cook the elf...

That’s sweet khaleesi but it doesn’t help me work out the optimum number to submit :D

• Advertisement

Anyone that gets this answer right is cheating.

Anyone that gets this answer right is cheating.

or works for Anpost

Sorry EN. I kinda went on a rant in my answer :D
    You are not the only one :pac:

The thought processes and logic being applied are genuinely incredible. I mean that in a complimentary way.

I mean, obviously not everyone's... :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*peeks in*

78143124b15ae347daf4d63d514439a2.jpg

I'm afeared of what the question is..........

Ahhhh its simple today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I wonder if a brainy child ever noticed that they were sending a letter to the North Pole with a local stamp. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I wonder if a brainy child ever noticed that they were sending a letter to the North Pole with a local stamp. :(

When I was a childer we just put our santa post up the chimney. I think the idea was that kinda like a reverse Harry Potter situation, the elves would come and scoop them up from every chimney each night and bring them back to the North Pole. Logic isn't a child's strong point.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    When I was a childer we just put our santa post up the chimney. I think the idea was that kinda like a reverse Harry Potter situation, the elves would come and scoop them up from every chimney each night and bring them back to the North Pole. Logic isn't a child's strong point.
    No - every night would be inefficient, they probably had a set day that your parents knew about ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

It's a special concession provided by An Post. Letters sent to Santa can use local postage stamps. This concession does not apply if you are sending a letter to someone other than Santa in that neck of the woods. A brainy child realises that. :)

It's a special concession provided by An Post. Letters sent to Santa can use local postage stamps. This concession does not apply if you are sending a letter to someone other than Santa in that neck of the woods. A brainy child realises that. :)

giphy.gif

Santa rules!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Wait, people think this was an easy question?

Hardest one so far... how am I supposed to know how many bloody kids there are in the country, and at what ages they start and stop writing letters at...

• Advertisement

Lunchtime bump
    Q8: Each year, how many letters do an post deliver to santa from the children of Ireland?

33/46 entries in

... how am I supposed to know how many bloody kids there are in the country
    Maths ;)
    ...and at what ages they start and stop writing letters at...
    Memory ;)

But my PM's definitely don't suggest everyone found this question easy :p

Hardest one so far... how am I supposed to know how many bloody kids there are in the country, and at what ages they start and stop writing letters at...

You should have an idea of the population of Ireland. Devide that by X, then devide that answer by Y, bam...there is your answer.

Kolido wrote: »
    You should have an idea of the population of Ireland. Devide that by X, then devide that answer by Y, bam...there is your answer.
    yeah-son-what-he-said.jpg

Only need to know amount of kids in primary school:D

(Number of kids in one primary school)
    x (number of primary schools)

Easy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I know how many primary school kids there are in the country, but then you have to ask at what age do they stop believing, how many don't celebrate christmas, do siblings post their letters in one envelope, or individually?? :confused:

cee_jay wrote: »
    I know how many primary school kids there are in the country, but then you have to ask at what age does everyone else think they stop believing, how many everyone else thinks don't celebrate christmas, does everyone else think siblings post their letters in one envelope, or individually?? :confused:
    ;)

cee_jay wrote: »
    I know how many primary school kids there are in the country, but then you have to ask at what age do they stop believing, how many don't celebrate christmas, do siblings post their letters in one envelope, or individually?? :confused:

What about the ones who use elf post or smoke it up the chimney??
    Oh the parameters!

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Blocked out majority of memories of my own childhood, don't have kids, only even know two kids (kids aren't really part of my social circle), don't know what percentage of the population are children, f**k xmas, and f**k maths...

Advertisement