Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Games Sheepish Advent Calendar 2020!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,920 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Here. We. Go!

Good morning elves, welcome to day 1 of the Forum Games Sheepish Advent Calendar!
    3hua5d.gif

We kick off with some Christmas shopping...
    20112013-christmas-shoppers-752x501.jpg

Q1: What percentage of people (Irish adults) have yet to start their Christmas shopping?
    PM me your answer before 7pm

Reminder, there is no "correct" answer, you'll be marked by how close you are to the middle be of all the answers I receive

Please don't divulge your answer on thread until the deadline passes, but hopefully we still have some good chatter :)

I'll reveal everyone's answers and scores this evening, probably about 8:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I assume this question is for a normal Christmas year, not this year specifically?

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I assume this question is for a normal Christmas year, not this year specifically?
    Good point. Obviously everyone can read the question their own way but I was thinking in a normal year, same for all questions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Good point. Obviously everyone can read the question their own way but I was thinking in a normal year, same for all questions

Oh

Purgative wrote: »
    Oh
    Sorry, I did mean to say that in the original post, feel free to send me a new answer if you want to :)

• Advertisement

Eleven answers in already, we're off to a flyer :)

Me, now....

happy-xmas.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Q. What percentage of Irish people leave their Christmas shopping until Christmas Eve?
    A. Men.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Just after hiring the best actuaries to calculate this, with KPMG oversight & my answer has been submitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,152 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I assume this is question is for normal people, not people like me?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Surely if you haven't started your Christmas shopping for previous years there's not much point in starting now.

• Advertisement

Q. What percentage of Irish people leave their Christmas shopping until Christmas Eve?
    A. Men.

In fairness to my husband he buys all his presents in October every year. He is a strange strange man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

In fairness to my husband he buys all his presents in October every year. He is a strange strange man.
    I see. Please inform your husband that he is to report to the Ministry of Men post haste and turn in his man card.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mollyb60 wrote:

November usually for me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭tscul32

My first sheep game. Answer submitted - thanks Electric Nitwit.

My shopping is mostly done at this stage, but that's just this year, not much else to be doing other than online shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭DvB

First time player here (popping over from the Christmas forum) & answer submitted.

FTR started the present shopping in September & more or less finished it last week.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Up to 20 players :D

And to our Christmas forum guests...

Welcome.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

DvB wrote: »
    First time player here (popping over from the Christmas forum) & answer submitted.

FTR started the present shopping in September & more or less finished it last week.

Like many, you will be drawn in, or checking in, to this Forum, never to leave! A bit like Hotel California!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,051 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I think my answers will completely skew the average, but hey it's all a bit of fun!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Like many, you will be drawn in, or checking in, to this Forum, never to leave! A bit like Hotel California!

We'll see. I'm pretty much at home in the christmas forum all year round though & rarely venture further afield :)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

If this is Hotel California, where is the pink champagne on ice.

Worst game host ever !!!

:P

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    If this is Hotel California, where is the pink champagne on ice.

Worst game host ever !!!

:P
    I'm afraid that's just for the penthouse suites, for our favoured guests ;)

27 players on board! :D

*sips her pink champagne on ice, smugly*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Sounds like a Castle Coin Challenge question, that, do we get 5 jelly beans each if we get it right?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just sent in my answer please god I'm right

ThankfulIcyAfricanwilddog-small.gif

Oh god I just asked my husband what he thought the answer was and he gave a VASTLY DIFFERENT NUMBER. Self doubt beginning to creep in.

Oh god I just asked my husband what he thought the answer was and he gave a VASTLY DIFFERENT NUMBER. Self doubt beginning to creep in.
    Yeah, but...
    He is a strange strange man.
    ;)

Sounds like a Castle Coin Challenge question, that, do we get 5 jelly beans each if we get it right?
    I have no idea what this means :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The shops will be open on Christmas eve right?

RIGHT??

:/

Trigger wrote: »
    The shops will be open on Christmas eve right?

RIGHT??

:/
    24hrs a day after lockdown, that's what I heard :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Does Gt Aunt Jemima's socks that she brought me and that I intend to re-gift to Uncle Cecil count as shopping?

Advertisement