Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Games Sheepish Advent Calendar 2020!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hmmm.........good thing I didn't include all the man children then.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Hello 2D The Person Below , come back , you got great points !!!

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I thin I've peaked

STOP THE COUNT!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29i05eh7e8xqaib1uox59qju420kn4jzrrdbu3rw8v&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Reb and Dave really took a tumble there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Hey my halving technique worked half decent lol

I remembered they kept going on about 1 million kids on the move for school then halved for secondary and halved for Santa age kids at the end I chickened out of 250k and knocked like 100k off for all the other reasons coz it seemed way too big lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I had the PM with 1,000,000 written when I came to my senses and knocked off a 0. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Posy wrote: »
    I had the PM with 1,000,000 written when I came to my senses and knocked off a 0. :pac:

My head started off with 100,000 and I just kept picking at it till I got to 5,000. Doh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Hey my halving technique worked half decent lol

I remembered they kept going on about 1 million kids on the move for school then halved for secondary and halved for Santa age kids at the end I chickened out of 250k and knocked like 100k off for all the other reasons coz it seemed way too big lol

Similar idea, 509,000 in primary school rounded to 510,000. 1/3 dont celebrate christmas and split answer in half to allow for kids who dont post or were too young to post.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This game is the most stressful thing I’ve ever took part in.

And I love it.

Also you’ve ruined Christmas.

Loughc wrote: »

And I love it.

Oh yes ... I second all of this!! Especially the last bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Well that was dramatic! Someone should write a movie script of this game. It might beat Die Hard in the favourite Christmas Movie stakes!
    And yes An Post do answer every kids letter that includes a return address

• Registered Users Posts: 28,433 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have just read this entire thread. Well most of it. And if I had entered I would be winning. Ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

looksee wrote: »
    I have just read this entire thread. Well most of it. And if I had entered I would be winning. Ish.
    You still can win I think.
    I don't think you need to enter every round to get to the top of the table

Nitty correct me if I've boobed :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Siobh73 wrote: »
    Well that was dramatic! Someone should write a movie script of this game. It might beat Die Hard in the favourite Christmas Movie set at Christmas stakes!
    And yes An Post do answer every kids letter that includes a return address

;)

C'mon so hot shot, let's be having you.

Ya put your money where your mouth is looksee. If you're so great you'll have caught up in no time! ;) :P

You still can win I think.
    I don't think you need to enter every round to get to the top of the table

Nitty correct me if I've boobed :confused:

That doesn't seem right! But even if you could, at this stage even if I got 10s to the end I couldn't win. Oh hang on, 24/25 days, I'm mixing it up with gold rings and french hens.

That doesn't seem right! But even if you could, at this stage even if I got 10s to the end I couldn't win. Oh hang on, 24/25 days, I'm mixing it up with gold rings and french hens.

Well looksee here... Seems like someone's afraid!!

It's still possible to win, you just need to be very close to the median every day remaining and hoping everyone else has at least one or two "off" days that send them tumbling down the table while you keep climbing.

No pressure! :p

tenor.gif

• Advertisement

OK, I'm in. If its permitted?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Omg I dropped ten feckin' places!!!!

I DROPPED 19 SPOTS...

Oh sweet suffering....600,000 letters to Santa, why would there be 600k letters to Santa.

c3110cfde08f687cdc10226cbb1318fa.png

Looking at the CSO, there were ~900,000 0-12 year olds in 2016. Oh I messed up :o

tenor.gif?itemid=9675735

ᴵ ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ˡᵒˢᵉ ᵗᵒ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵇᵒᵈʸ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗᶦⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ ᵈᵃʸ ⁹

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

That count was rigged. I demand a recount

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    That count was rigged. I demand a recount

Don't worry Ted, I've got this.

hypatia-h_752eae7cf38ca38b67480e869a3c7e9f-h_57e84ea8e630d3fb96f7733107182881-1024x683.jpg

So I am following the thread, as I can't be trusted to remember to check it, and I can see its going to drive me nuts. I suppose I could set it to once a day, but I don't trust the Boards notification system. Its a hard life.

So I am following the thread, as I can't be trusted to remember to check it, and I can see its going to drive me nuts. I suppose I could set it to once a day, but I don't trust the Boards notification system. Its a hard life.

I'll send you a PM every day...

dick-dastardly.jpg

Oh you are so good! I entirely trust you to do that, I might just hang onto the 'following' notifications, just to be sure to be sure though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Loughc wrote: »

And I love it.

Oh yes ... I second all of this!! Especially the last bit.
    tenor.gif?itemid=13148761

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

giphy.gif

You are, of course, very welcome to join in looksee!
    Good baiting gang :p

Advertisement