Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Games Sheepish Advent Calendar 2020!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

According to sources, Brussels Sprouts are going to be subject to a windfall tax at Xmas times to alleviate carbon and methane emissions

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Do you find that you sit on your own a lot? :)
    Floating a couple of inches off the seat like a hovercraft would be more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

On the subject of sprouts (which are great), my source tells me...
    ...the average Irish person will eat 11 Brussel Sprouts.

68 percent of Irish adults said they want them on their plate, 24 percent said they would take or leave them. Less than one in ten (8%) said that Sprouts ruin their dinner plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,913 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Vile things mince pies .
    Brussel sprouts are delicious, little balls of goodness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Is that tomorrow's question? :D

• Advertisement

Is that tomorrow's question? :D
    I was going to ask what percentage of people wanted them, but as we saw on day 1 the "what percentage" questions just gravitate to 50%, so they've been culled. That does mean I don't have enough questions now, see if you can spot when I get desperate :D

Well my source tells me your source is wrong and over a lifetime we will eat 1008 sprouts or over an average lifetime 16 per year

EDIT

And having just read the rest of the article I fear my answer to the number of pies is out by a factor or two

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Well my source tells me your source is wrong and over a lifetime we will eat 1008 sprouts or over an average lifetime 16 per year
    I trust no sources, that's why the scores are based on your answers. Because I trust you lot.... no wait, that's not right :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,433 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Someone is eating a heck of a lot of sprouts to make up for me and my family then!

Every year I buy mince pies and Christmas pudding. When I unload my shopping, I dump the mince pies and Christmas pudding I bought the previous year and put the new ones in their spot in the cupboard.

Every year!

Ooooh, I love Xmas pudding too!

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    Someone is eating a heck of a lot of sprouts to make up for me and my family then!
    tumblr_mfwl0oXUVd1rkty0bo1_400.gif

Oh hey guys, just eating my normal breakfast..

535631.jpg

So what's today's question?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Is this per sitting? That can’t be right, surely you just gobble up those delicious green balls of loveliness?

For anyone in Mayo, On The Way Cafe in Killala do the best mince pies I’ve ever tasted, yum

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

giphy.gif

*not at you, the pies! Ugh*

Don't take a lift from EN

giphy.gif

Lunchtime bump, 33/47 answers in
    Q9: How many mince pies, on average, does the average person each Irish adult eat over the Christmas period?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,332 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I’d eat Brussel Sprouts all day every day.

Mince pies - meh

I, in the other hand, would eat mince pies all day every day.

Brussels sprouts- meh.

Where does that leave us??

Is anyone else having problems with PMs? I sent a guess and a revised guess in and they seem to have gone ok, but conversation with other posters seems to be going round in circles?

Is anyone else having problems with PMs? I sent a guess and a revised guess in and they seem to have gone ok, but conversation with other posters seems to be going round in circles?
    Just to confirm that I got both your PMs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Plenty of sproutaholics on here it seems, that helps explain all the hot air :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

For a long time I thought mince pies had actually mince in them so I never ate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,332 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

ShaneU wrote: »
    For a long time I thought mince pies had actually mince in them so I never ate them.
    Mmmmm.

Savoury mince pies.

Even better!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

What?....so what is actually in them?

Kolido wrote: »
    What?....so what is actually in them?
    Mints, its a typo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Mmmm, delicious meat...

***takes a bite of a Mince Pie for the first time***

Ewwww... it's a warm assortment of fruit...

Why would anyone do this?

They ruined the fruit...

Now I know where the term "Hot Mess" comes from

*Puts on instructer hat* Mince pies used (middle ages) have mince in them, but also dried fruit, gradually the contents changed till only the suet was left along with the sultanas, currents, candied peel (mmmm candied peel) and spices. They are the ones I remember from my youth. Now the suet has pretty much gone too in commercial mincemeat and mince pies, so its a kind of fruit jam that is in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Mince pies can get in the bin.

*Puts on instructer hat* Mince pies used (middle ages) have mince in them, but also dried fruit, gradually the contents changed till only the suet was left along with the sultanas, currents, candied peel (mmmm candied peel) and spices. They are the ones I remember from my youth. Now the suet has pretty much gone too in commercial mincemeat and mince pies, so its a kind of fruit jam that is in them.

INGREDIENTS: Vine Fruits (34%) [Sultanas, Raisins, Currants], Sugar, Bramley Apple, Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Glacé Cherries [Cherry, Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Sugar, Fruit and Vegetable Concentrates (Radish, Carrot, Cherry, Sweet Potato, Apple)], Ruby Port (2.5%), Brandy (2.5%), Palm Oil, Orange Peel, Treacle, Preservative (Acetic Acid), Lemon Peel, Sunflower Oil, Cinnamon, Coriander, Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid), Dill, Fennel, Clove, Ginger, Nutmeg.

That'll teach all the nay sayers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I felt like I was quite conservative and realistic with my guess today.
    I also have a feeling this may have been a colossal mistake!

Advertisement