Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Games Sheepish Advent Calendar 2020!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I went too low yesterday, I think I went too high today.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Spook_ie wrote: »
    INGREDIENTS: Vine Fruits (34%) [Sultanas, Raisins, Currants], Sugar, Bramley Apple, Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Glacé Cherries [Cherry, Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Sugar, Fruit and Vegetable Concentrates (Radish, Carrot, Cherry, Sweet Potato, Apple)], Ruby Port (2.5%), Brandy (2.5%), Palm Oil, Orange Peel, Treacle, Preservative (Acetic Acid), Lemon Peel, Sunflower Oil, Cinnamon, Coriander, Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid), Dill, Fennel, Clove, Ginger, Nutmeg.

That'll teach all the nay sayers

It'll take more than a couple of teaspoons of cheap booze to make me want to eat one of those abominations. It's like somebody thought "what can we do to make raisins and other dried fruit even worse?" and then came up with "I know, we'll reduce them to a sludge, whack in some spices and a dribble of booze to make people think it's exotic and shove it all in some pastry because people will eat any old sh*te if it's in pastry". Well I refuse to be sucked in by their wilful deceit, and don't get me started on the radishes, carrots and sweet potatoes on that ingredient list above. Wtf???

• Registered Users Posts: 30,434 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

ShaneU wrote: »
    For a long time I thought mince pies had actually mince in them so I never ate them.

I only found this out last Christmas :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I went too low yesterday, I think I went too high today.

Yeah but, you've set yourself up for a great game tomorrow.

Purgative wrote: »
    Yeah but, you've set yourself up for a great game tomorrow.

I'm glad you're so confident on my chances. I've accepted my bottom half of the table position. :o

• Advertisement

Palm Oil !!!!!!!

Don’t get me started on glacier cherries. Are they even made out of real cherries cos they sure taste of ****e in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Spook_ie wrote: »
    INGREDIENTS: Vine Fruits (34%) [Sultanas, Raisins, Currants], Sugar, Bramley Apple, Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Glacé Cherries [Cherry, Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Sugar, Fruit and Vegetable Concentrates (Radish, Carrot, Cherry, Sweet Potato, Apple)], Ruby Port (2.5%), Brandy (2.5%), Palm Oil, Orange Peel, Treacle, Preservative (Acetic Acid), Lemon Peel, Sunflower Oil, Cinnamon, Coriander, Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid), Dill, Fennel, Clove, Ginger, Nutmeg.

That'll teach all the nay sayers

You know people can just buy actual alcohol (and nicer than Port or Brandy) though right? When you were a teenager were you roaming about trying to get drunk off of Mince Pies or something?

Up until reading this, I only thought Mince Pies were meh and would occasionally eat one when offered to me at someone's house to be polite, but after seeing all the ingredients laid out like that, I doubt I'll ever touch one again...

Glucose-Fructose Syrup is not great as we should all know by now, but lets face it we still consume that in a multitude of products... so whatever...

...but Radish, Carrots, Sweet Potato, Fennel, Treacle...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 29,332 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Don’t get me started on glacier cherries. Are they even made out of real cherries cos they sure taste of ****e in comparison.
    Am I even the same species as half of the posters on here??? :eek:

Glacé cherries are the absolute BEST bit of puddings! A whole big lump of sweet, smooth chewiness - yummmm!

(not sure they're even in mince pies, this may be dragging the thread a little O/T, but I had to step in to defend the cherries)

God, the memories of eating spoonfuls of raw pudding and mince mix as a kid, until I practially made myself sick...... :)

...but Radish, Carrots, Sweet Potato, Fennel, Treacle...
    Never eaten carrot cake? beetroot brownies? treacle brown bread???

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

No, because they all sound f**king horrible.

Especially Beetroot. Beetroot can f**k right off the face of the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Heidi you need to quit while you're ahead, who eats beetroot brownies?? I didn't even know they existed! And it was a happy time...

No, because they all sound f**king horrible.

Especially Beetroot. Beetroot can f**k right off the face of the planet.
    Don't knock 'em till you try 'em! ;)

(ETA - I think you're probably all thinking of pickled beetroot. That would not a nice brownie make, I'll grant you that!)

Don't knock 'em till you try 'em! ;)

(ETA - I think you're probably thinking of pickled beetroot. That would not make a nice brownie, I'll grant you that!)

giphy.gif

Why would you ruin perfectly good cake by putting vegetables into it?

Zaph wrote: »
    Why would you ruin perfectly good cake by putting vegetables into it?
    'cos it makes it even nicer! Duh!!!

'cos it makes it even nicer! Duh!!!

No, the thing that makes cake even nicer is more cake. And icing. But not that cream cheese muck that carrot cake lovers try to pass of as actual icing.

There’s some serious amount of weirdos frequenting these parts.

Beetroot is for salads!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hey! I revel in my weirdness :D

Yiz are all Philistines!

Now, on that note, I'm off to decorate my Christmas tree. I might make some beetroot decorations, for extra pzazz!

• Advertisement

Beetroot is for salads!

And Salad is for Rabbits...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Necro wrote: »
    Hey! I revel in my weirdness :D
    Well said that man.
    KEEP BOARDS WEIRD :cool:

EN who knew that the mince pie question was the one to cause outright war in the thread eh??

(FWIW - mince pies are boketastic and brussels sprouts are the devils poo. Only psychopaths would eat either)

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    EN who knew that the mince pie question was the one to cause outright war in the thread eh??

You can start a war over anything in this forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Zaph wrote: »
    You can start a war over anything in this forum :D
    That is, of course, true - but I really didn't think today's was controversial :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Yiz are all Philistines!

Now, on that note, I'm off to decorate my Christmas tree. I might make some beetroot decorations, for extra pzazz!
    You put up a valiant fight Heidi, sometimes people are beyond help!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

That is, of course, true - but I really didn't think today's was controversial :pac:

Its as controversial as putting pineapple on a pizza. I mean only psychopaths would do that

tenor.gif

Trigger wrote: »
    Its as controversial as putting pineapple on a pizza. I mean only psychopaths would do that

Thats one I've always been on the fence over... because I'd never order or make a pizza with pineapple, but if I was at a Pizza Party, I was still hungry, and there was only Hawaiian Pizza left I would have a slice...

Trigger wrote: »

I subscribe to the view that it's not really a pizza if there's no pineapple on it. Although obviously I'll still eat it, I'm not mental.

• Advertisement

I love pineapple on pizza! One of my favourite things!

Advertisement