Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Games Sheepish Advent Calendar 2020!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Incoming picture of BB eating her dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,332 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Proper spicy pepperoni and pineapple pizza is the ONLY pizza worth eating!

(Just to square the circle completely, I was in a highly recommended, seriously trendy pizza joint about a year or two ago, and my pal ordered a signature pizza that had grated carrot, and I'm almost sure grated beetroot on it, among many other veggie delights - it was REVOLTING!! :eek: So I'm not a complete slave to the veggies!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    EN who knew that the mince pie question was the one to cause outright war in the thread eh??

(FWIW - mince pies are boketastic and brussels sprouts are the devils poo. Only psychopaths would eat either)
    Zaph wrote: »
    You can start a war over anything in this forum :D

The "Is Diehard a Christmas movie" portion of the thread was handbags at a football match compared to the Mince Pie segment.

I have the United Nations on standby for when we get to the "Better Christmas Villian, Scrooge or Grinch?", "Real tree/ Fake Tree" and "Home Alone or Elf?" offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Anyone who applies random rules like "no veg in cake" or "no fruit on pizza" is limiting themselves, and their lives are slightly more empty and meaningless for it ;)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Proper spicy pepperoni and pineapple pizza is the ONLY pizza worth eating!

Dunno about that, have you tried it with nduja instead of pepperoni? Well worth giving it a go if you haven't.

• Advertisement

Dunno about that, have you tried it with nduja instead of pepperoni? Well worth giving it a go if you haven't.
    I have, still prefer the pepperoni. But good call! :pac:

(In fact, I'm almost sure my uber-trendy pizza that night had nduja on it)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The "Is Diehard a Christmas movie" portion of the thread was handbags at a football match compared to the Mince Pie segment.

I have the United Nations on standby for when we get to the "Better Christmas Villian, Scrooge or Grinch?", "Real tree/ Fake Tree" and "Home Alone or Elf?" offerings.

You've made a mistake there because Scrooge and Grinch are Heroes not Villains...

They become losers towards the end when they conform to the Sheeple and embrace the "true spirit of Christmas" or whatever the sh*t, but up until that point they are Heroic Protagonists who dare to separate themselves from the crowd and speak the truth about Christmas being Bullsh*t...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

You've made a mistake there because Scrooge and Grinch are Heroes not Villains...

They become losers towards the end when they conform to the Sheeple and embrace the "true spirit of Christmas" or whatever the sh*t, but up until that point they are Heroic Protagonists who dare to separate themselves from the crowd and speak the truth about Christmas being Bullsh*t...

You're bullsh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Dunno where you found that recipe for mincemeat but it is just one (abomination) commercial concoction. It should be just dried fruit, apple, sugar, spices and suet / veg suet. Non of those other random ingredients.

And yes, of course you can have pineapple on pizza! Essential ingredient.

Edit - oh yes and brandy. One for you, one for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I love mince pies - try to avoid them though because I can easily go through a box of 6 in one sitting.
    I have developed an interest and taste for Brussels Sprouts the last couple of years
    and hell yes pineapple on a pizza!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I ordered a couple of pizzas last week and one of them was wrong. Must admit...I didn't hate the pineapple on it.

Mince pies though, no thanks. Not a fan of raisins and the like.

Afternoon bump, 41/47 answers in
    Q9: How many mince pies, on average, does the average person each Irish adult eat over the Christmas period?

Collie D wrote: »
    Must admit...I didn't hate the pineapple on it
    That's how it starts, welcome to the enlightenment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Anyone who applies random rules like "no veg in cake" or "no fruit on pizza" is limiting themselves, and their lives are slightly more empty and meaningless for it ;)

Id believe nearly everyone has fruit on a pizza ;)

I once had apple on a pizza in Barcelona. I definitely do not recommend that, it was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Trigger wrote: »

Yeah, the greatest fruit of all...

CHEESE!!!

Calling tomato fruit is like saying 24% of people haven't started Christmas shopping yet - it's technically correct but you get no credit or friends for saying it (sorry Toto!)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Answer submitted - whose lap am I sitting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

I think both mince pies and sprouts are acquired tastes. Maybe some on here are giving away their vintages?
    On pizza, anyone remember the advert where a pregnant woman askedd for a tuna and banana pizza? I tried it and it's not bad in small doses

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Only fruit on a pizza should be from the Anchovie trees of Western and Central Africa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,434 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Its as controversial as putting pineapple on a pizza. I mean only psychopaths would do that

Pineapple belongs on pizza!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Pineapple has absolutely no place whatsoever on a pizza. Its fruit. Fruit is not a savoury food.

cee_jay wrote: »
    Pineapple has absolutely no place whatsoever on a pizza. Its fruit. Fruit is not a savoury food.

So you won't be having cranberry sauce with your turkey this year then? :D

So you won't be having cranberry sauce with your turkey this year then? :D

Or a plum sauce with yer duck?

Or apple sauce with yer pork? (not a fan of that myself, if I'm honest)

I just bought some puff pastry mince pies from SuperValu. I shall eat one when the results come in.

I just bought some puff pastry mince pies from SuperValu. I shall eat one when the results come in.

I bought some of them the other day, seriously disappointing I'm afraid!

Ratio of pastry to filling was all wrong.

Can you dunk em?

ONE HOUR KLAXON
    For Sephi and Duffers!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Answer submitted - whose lap am I sitting on?

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Once again I escape Zaph's lap :D

Advertisement