Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Games Sheepish Advent Calendar 2020!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I'm gonna assume that includes us heathens up north so. :D

Protestants don’t believe in Santa though so it’s just your half

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

khalessi wrote: »
    loving this show
    I really like it too. I get the impression that most don't though, which is a real shame. The good definitely outweighs the bad with it. The new characters this series (Book, Adira, the federation head honcho) are all really good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

loving this show

Has there been a Star Trek themed werewolf yet?
    There has, I ran it with Baggsy and Uriel. Twas great craic if I do say so myself. Re-run due next year if we can get our **** together.
    (caveat - I fcuking DESPISE Disco. So there will be no STD elements involved.)
    Green&Red wrote: »
    Protestants don’t believe in Santa though so it’s just your half
    Dont you assume my religion ya little bollix! Santa isn't on the list so you must be lying!
    image.jpg

Also I've redone my maths and I'm feeling better now. Thanks Stamets!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Right I cracked out my busy at maths 3 and went to work. I’m either going to be fairly ok or wayyyyy off. Just like every other day.

Did I really try to apply logic to an illogically game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ha! I put in my guess, then checked it and was pretty close! Whether the median will agree is another matter entirely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Loughc wrote: »
    Right I cracked out my busy at maths 3 and went to work. I’m either going to be fairly ok or wayyyyy off. Just like every other day.

Did I really try to apply logic to an illogically game.

Wrong book, Christmas tree question doesn't appear until Busy at Maths 4, you will have to recalculate

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I really like it too. I get the impression that most don't though, which is a real shame. The good definitely outweighs the bad with it. The new characters this series (Book, Adira, the federation head honcho) are all really good

It's OK, although this season is definitely better than the first two. I feel that if it wasn't called Star Trek I possibly wouldn't watch it. Of the new characters, I like Book, the other two I can take or leave. The admiral is necessary, somebody has to be in charge of Starfleet, but I'm not really sure what Adira adds to the show yet.

Zaph wrote: »
    It's OK, although this season is definitely better than the first two. I feel that if it wasn't called Star Trek I possibly wouldn't watch it. Of the new characters, I like Book, the other two I can take or leave. The admiral is necessary, somebody has to be in charge of Starfleet, but I'm not really sure what Adira adds to the show yet.

Agree that this season is better than the previous 2 but it's the only show I've ever watched where I have to pause it frequently to rant about how ridiculous it is. It's not a Star Trek show, it's the Michael Burnham show. She is treated like the messiah and my husband and I frequently laugh at how almost every scene in the show fails the Burnham Bechdel test. It's ridiculous. The writers are just awful.

In saying that I do actually like Saru (despite his weak captaincy - it's ok though! Burnham forgives him for demoting her :rolleyes:), Stamets and Culber, and Book. Tilly should be shot out the airlock, especially now she's acting XO (that was a particularly long rant). And the other nameless bridge crew just show no respect for Saru at all. It's worse than Enterprise.

But enough ST talk!
    30973c4b7b569fd19e46fb54c69e9290.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Ah jaysus I don’t even know if the figure in my head for the population of the country covers the north too..... and then I’ve no idea how many households

• Advertisement

Ah jaysus I don’t even know if the figure in my head for the population of the country covers the north too..... and then I’ve no idea how many households

pick a random high number, half it, add 10, divide by 8 and multiply by 6.874 then round up

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Tilly should be shot out the airlock

If you could make that happen it would be a wonderful Christmas present. :D

STEP #1: Send an answer based on terrible assumptions.
    STEP #2: Google real answer.
    STEP #3:
    hugemistake0.gif

pick a random high number, half it, add 10, divide by 8 and multiply by 6.874 then round up

Round up to the nearest 10? 100? 47,000? You can't be giving out such vague instructions, this is far too important!

Round up to the nearest 10? 100? 47,000? You can't be giving out such vague instructions, this is far too important!

The next step is to get a 10 sided dice and label it 10? 100? 47,000? not at present, future uncertain, try again, and toss it.

The next step is to get a 10 sided dice and label it 10? 100? 47,000? not at present, future uncertain, try again, and toss it.

Now was that so hard to do in the first place?

Now was that so hard to do in the first place?

buiding the suspense.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I was way off

tenor-1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ah balls, I looked up the real answer after sending mine in...

I've made a terrible mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The real answer matters not a jot.
    It's that all important and elusive median which I seek.

• Advertisement

The real answer matters not a jot.
    It's that all important and elusive median which I seek.
    How I visualise you saying that...
    9808eba10967782ede5e8e3ac1fbb59e--dinosaur-costume-halloween-ideas.jpg:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

looksee wrote: »
    Ha! I put in my guess, then checked it and was pretty close! Whether the median will agree is another matter entirely :D

I gave up checking my guesses computations days ago.

I find I'm happier longer that way.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Well I do be thinking of the piles of old Xmas trees that are left for recycling, just in Fingal alone.

So 10s of 1000s, 100s of thousand or 1000s of thousands, is the question

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I saw a thing where they said that people were giving up their plastic trees for real ones, which on the face of it is an environmental benefit. However years ago, probably 20 years ago we had real trees each year. This was before there was any council service picking up the dead ones. So I put the tree in the back garden on 6th January and literally put a match to it - not thinking this would be effective and expecting I would have to actually make a little fire under it to get it going. Poof, It was gone. Frightened the life out of me. We never had another real tree in the house.

Edit - as a kid we had a tree made from what in retrospect I think must have been green-dyed bottle brushes (1950s). We thought it was amazing. We also had little clip on holders that held real candles, that my dad lit with great care for half an hour or so on Christmas eve. Health and safety how are ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

How I visualise you saying that...
    9808eba10967782ede5e8e3ac1fbb59e--dinosaur-costume-halloween-ideas.jpg:D
    Stuff and nonsense, Dear Boy!
    I haven't worn a pith helmet in over a year.

Lunchtime bump :)
    26/47 answers in
    Q10: How many homegrown, real Christmas trees were sold on the island of Ireland this Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Good enough for me. Just rolled a D10 a bunch of times to come up with an answer, that does seem plausible. Emergency dice set to the rescue :pac:

aGkaat7.png
    (Numbers on dice not related to my answer)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was dithering between 2 answers, so if you could just accept whatever answer is the closest to the median, that would be great, thanks, EN. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Holy **** I was right despite all the guessing and splitting and maths??!? I couldn't wait for the reveal tonight.

However I regret checking. Now I know I'm completely screwed because from the looks of it everyone else did not get it correct lol

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    I was dithering between 2 answers, so if you could just accept whatever answer is the closest to the median, that would be great, thanks, EN. :)
    No probs Posy, I've been doing that for a few people already ;)

Advertisement