Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Games Sheepish Advent Calendar 2020!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

EN hopefully you don't mind but I'm gonna steal a few of your questions and send them to work people. My manager had the audacity to call me a grinch in the team meeting today and I'm not best pleased at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Holy **** I was right despite all the guessing and splitting and maths??!? I couldn't wait for the reveal tonight.

However I regret checking. Now I know I'm completely screwed because from the looks of it everyone else did not get it correct lol

I used (questionable) maths to come up with my answer & haven't bothered googling as I find it better to wait for the reveal as the real v median is the rollercoaster.

I did throw a few multiples of 10k onto my answer though to allow for the undoubtable incompetency behind my thinking.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

No probs Posy, I've been doing that for a few people already ;)
    Aha! It all comes out in the wash! :mad:
    Cash for answers, brown envelopes, bungs, an inner advent circle.
    For shame, Nitty. For shame :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

In that case, if I give you 10 different answers (as I can't make up my mind), could you please choose the one closest to the median? You're a star. :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

And yet I'm still only 16th. Clearly some players are sending larger bribes donations than I have been. Need to up my budget it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,955 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    EN hopefully you don't mind but I'm gonna steal a few of your questions and send them to work people. My manager had the audacity to call me a grinch in the team meeting today and I'm not best pleased at all!
    Of course not Molly, help yourself. Don't want your reputation being tarnished!

How do you know your manager isn't one of the other posters here? :p S/he wouldn't be best pleased reading this comment!

Maybe it's me, and I'm now reconsidering that pay rise I was going to offer you in the new year.....

Aha! It all comes out in the wash! :mad:
    Cash for answers, brown envelopes, bungs, an inner advent circle.
    For shame, Nitty. For shame :(
    The initials aren't the only similarity with FGers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

How do you know your manager isn't one of the other posters here? :p S/he wouldn't be best pleased reading this comment!

Maybe it's me, and I'm now reconsidering that pay rise I was going to offer you in the new year.....

Well I immediately know its not you anyway Homer coz I work in local government so there's no such thing as a pay rise for me. No christmas bonus either. :(

And there is zero chance he's on this board. Even if he was he wouldn't know my username. I'm safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

And there is zero chance he's on this board. Even if he was he wouldn't know my username. I'm safe.

Maybe that's what I... um, I mean he... wants you to think

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Well I immediately know its not you anyway Homer coz I work in local government so there's no such thing as a pay rise for me. No christmas bonus either.

No Christmas bonus here either. Plenty of calls about it though :pac:

Necro wrote: »
    I got a €30 just eat voucher for our zoom Christmas party, does that count? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Necro wrote: »

I thought this would be my first year to get a Xmas bonus after starting a new job on the 2nd of Jan. Quickly followed up by an email saying its only relevant to those starting on or prior to 1st of Jan.

Thank **** its nearly Friday!

I got a €30 just eat voucher for our zoom Christmas party, does that count? :D

Thankfully there's too many in our company to have a Zoom Christmas party, although apparently they will be sending a gift out to everyone. It remains to be seen how generous the gifts are, but seeing as I never go to the Christmas party anyway, I'll be better off regardless.

Well that's the tree up then!!

Really only had to take it out of a plastic box & sit it up on a table, no room for real trees here.
    But, I do think a lot of people have real trees. Don't know how many actually buy them though, down home it seems they all arrive to people's houses having been cut down under the cover of darkness!

What’s boards policy on advertising a fundraiser?

One of my daughter’s close friends had awful news that her son has been diagnosed with Metaschromatic Leukodystrophy (MLD). This is a rare disorder affecting mainly the white matter of the brain causing a progressive loss of physical and mental skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Generally a good idea to drop the mod of the forum a message asking for the ok - its discretionary and may depend on all sorts of things.

One of my daughter’s close friends had awful news that her son has been diagnosed with Metaschromatic Leukodystrophy (MLD). This is a rare disorder affecting mainly the white matter of the brain causing a progressive loss of physical and mental skills.

Run it by Niamh or Mark in the office, rather than individual mods. The problem is that there are so many good causes, if you allow one you kind of have to allow them all. The normal way around it is to add details in your sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Zaph wrote: »
    Run it by Niamh or Mark in the office, rather than individual mods. The problem is that there are so many good causes, if you allow one you kind of have to allow them all. The normal way around it is to add details in your sig.

Oh, sorry for the misinformation, I was going on a vague rule of thumb that seemed to be there years ago, hadn't really thought about it in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

FaceBook link in your sig would probably amass tons of likes and shares

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    Oh, sorry for the misinformation, I was going on a vague rule of thumb that seemed to be there years ago, hadn't really thought about it in ages.

That's the thing, it always has been, and probably still is, pretty vague. When I was an admin I was asked similar questions fairly regularly and I usually referred them to the office because there wasn't really a set policy, but most people generally just went with links in their sig in the end. You probably reach more people that way anyway, depending on how much you post across the site, rather than confining yourself to a single post in one or two forums.

Q10: How many homegrown, real Christmas trees were sold on the island of Ireland this Christmas?

Early evening bump :)

I believe I'm waiting on BuileBeag, Heidi, 2D, Sephi and Ted

I’ve added it to my sig but you can’t see it if on touch site. Btw, the touch site looks different.

I’ve added it to my sig but you can’t see it if on touch site. Btw, the touch site looks different.

Ya I can't see it on touch. Pm the link and I'll donate.

I believe I'm waiting on BuileBeag, Heidi, 2D, Sephi and Ted

I'm still pondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,332 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm still pondering.

As am I.

I've a headache at this stage!

ETA - ok, I'm in.

No real trees for me these days - having grown up in a huge house, but sadly unable to afford one myself, my eyes were always far bigger than my sitting rooms, resulting in trees taking over the entire living space year after year despite firm resolutions not to overdo it AGAIN!

I miss a real Christmas tree :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Strawbs I can see it on a desktop so you're partway there. ;)

I tried to reply to you but it's not showing as sent. So dunno whats happening there but thanks for pm'ing. I donated anyway.

Now trees .. how many trees....

This is the worst question yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I tried to reply to you but it's not showing as sent. So dunno whats happening there but thanks for pm'ing. I donated anyway.

Now trees .. how many trees....

This is the worst question yet.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I believe I'm waiting Sephi

I'm Fashionable late as usual

tenor.gif

:pac:

Advertisement