Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Games Sheepish Advent Calendar 2020!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭tscul32

At least we can use maths on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Advent Sheep Q17: How many of those babies get a combined birthday-Christmas present every year from scabby relations who think you won't notice the difference as a child? :pac:

*I am a Christmas baby

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

tscul32 wrote: »
    happy-student-maths-class_23-2147650769.jpg

Advent Sheep Q17: How many of those babies get a combined birthday-Christmas present every year from scabby relations who think you won't notice the difference as a child? :pac:

*I am a Christmas baby
    I used to get that (and hate it) and I'm a January baby. I can only imagine how bad it was for you :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Only if you have a rough idea how many babies were born in the whole year. That could be a few hundred or millions, who knows?

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Only if you have a rough idea how many babies were born in the whole year. That could be a few hundred or millions, who knows?

Well given the population of Ireland, it's probably not millions :D

If there were millions born every year we'd be falling off the side of the country ;)
    You can make a well educated guess

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

But can everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

If there were millions born every year we'd be falling off the side of the country ;)

No hints :pac:

Collie D wrote: »
    No hints :pac:
    Does "I haven't been pushed off Howth Head by the sheer number of babies in the country" count as a hint? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Does "I haven't been pushed off Howth Head by the sheer number of babies in the country" count as a hint? :D

You're talking to a forum where people eat their Santa letters here. :D

Well given the population of Ireland, it's probably not millions :D

Your mind games won't work on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

*I am a Christmas baby

Happy Birthmas!!!!
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Are we talking all of Ireland or just the Republic?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Are we talking all of Ireland or just the Republic?
    The "correct" answer I have is from the CSO, so just the Republic

Who knows what everyone else is doing though? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭DvB

good point, well made!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

The news was full of how many were supposed to be doing the leaving cert in June. That's one year's worth of Irish babies.

I used to get that (and hate it) and I'm a January baby. I can only imagine how bad it was for you :(

It helps having a parent whose birthday is closer to Christmas than your own. Mine is two weeks before Christmas but I was never fobbed off with the one 'joint' present because then Mammy Fong (whose birthday is today, in fact!) wouldn't get separate presents either. :cool:

Collie D wrote: »
    You're talking to a forum where people eat their Santa letters here. :D

:D

The news was full of how many were supposed to be doing the leaving cert in June. That's one year's worth of Irish babies.

Ah ffs I’m way off so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,332 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well... first thoughts are that that picture is very Disney-esque looking..... so I'm going to base my answer on that premise (and hope that I'm not about a century out). And this time I'm NOT going to google the answer straight away (whether I last till the reveal tonight, well, let's see!)

Whoever wrote this. I had the same thought. Looked old school disney and I know mickey mouse was conceived at the end of the 20s so I went 30s.

That was me!

Much good it did me - by divine inspiration I somehow almost got the actual right answer, and still way off the median :rolleyes:

Bah humbug :mad:

'The Journal reports that 25 million babies were born in Ireland in 2019. 19 million of those were born on Christmas Day' :D

Well that doesn't help me much!

jox26.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,332 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

looksee wrote: »
    But can everyone else?

Eh..........

Uh oh...... there goes the median, into the stratosphere.......

It helps having a parent whose birthday is closer to Christmas than your own. Mine is two weeks before Christmas but I was never fobbed off with the one 'joint' present because then Mammy Fong (whose birthday is today, in fact!) wouldn't get separate presents either. :cool:

The moral of the story is don't get too drunk on Paddy's Day.

It's my father's birthday today as well. We have always made a point of getting him separate birthday and Christmas presents. The same for my grandmother whose birthday was on Christmas Day. Even as kids we knew that just giving one present was pretty crappy.

It's my father's birthday today as well. We have always made a point of getting him separate birthday and Christmas presents. The same for my grandmother whose birthday was on Christmas Day. Even as kids we knew that just giving one present was pretty crappy.

It's my father's birthday today!!!
    Are you my brother?

Happy Birthday Mama Fong and Daddy BuileZaph! :D

The moral of the story is don't get too drunk on Paddy's Day.

I've 3 kids. Birthdays 3 weeks ago, last week and 2 weeks after Christmas. It's a busy 6 weeks in this house. Thankfully we don't do adult pressies any more cos my brother was last week, my sister in law is next week, as is my sister, and my other brother is the day before my son in early January. Not to mention two grannies in November!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Well, I, for one, don't know what I'm doing :P
    Therefore I went with what I would consider a safe answer - to not get minus points :D

Advertisement