Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Games Sheepish Advent Calendar 2020!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Answer in - with confidence. Now the regrets.

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47gtwrul9ltp10q31sczs447xbtgwyfe9bwxf2xxua&rid=200.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Answer in.

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I read the question properly today. At least there is an upper limit to this answer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I read the question properly today. At least there is an upper limit to this answer.

Hahahahahaha

You think that matters to some :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

It has to snow on xmas day?

If there was already snow on the ground from xmas eve would that not be counted as a white xmas then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

It has to snow on xmas day?

If there was already snow on the ground from xmas eve would that not be counted as a white xmas then?
    Not for this question, no.
    Met Eireann define it as snow falling at one of their synoptic stations around the country (no idea how many of them there are!)

So basically, how many times in the last 60 years has it snowed on christmas day?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭DvB

This came up in a christmas pub quiz we had last year & they said 1961 then too... a tad odd that, or was it the first year they started officially recording ot or something similar? Otherwise 1961 seems really random!

Either way, I suspect knowing the actual answer will matter not a jot.... so my 'guess' has been submitted.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    This came up in a christmas pub quiz we had last year & they said 1961 then too... a tad odd that, or was it the first year they started officially recording ot or something similar? Otherwise 1961 seems really random!

Either way, I suspect knowing the actual answer will matter not a jot.... so my 'guess' has been submitted.
    Yep, 1961 is when they started recording it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Probably when Met Eireann started keeping records. There's about 25-30 stations I think they use data from. A lot of them are from the airports and agricultural colleges. Which I suppose means it could skew the data now that I think of it. We don't build airports in mountains. It's not like we live in Nepal or anything.

The average age of participants here is at least 50 which gives them a huge advantage.

I'd argue the question is bordering on discriminatory against us young folk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

The average age of participants here is at least 50 which gives them a huge advantage.

Keep that up and you may not survive as long as the average person here.

What counts as young? So I know who's side I'm on in this great war.

I would also like to know this.

*Readies musket*

Necro wrote: »
    musket

Hmm.. I think we know which side you're on.

They say you’re as young as the man you feel so you can knock 9 years off my age for starters.

Anyone below the age of 35.

**I had originally planned on it being below 30 but we may be short on numbers so I hope upping it to 35 will get a few middle-agers on board**

**I had originally planned on it being below 30 but we may be short on numbers so I hope upping it to 35 will get a few middle-agers on board**

F*ck

• Registered Users Posts: 30,434 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Yes, I meet both requirements :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

\o/ Yayyy I'm useful.

I've no idea about the answer to the question, I'm just happy to be involved.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Staying with the white Christmas theme...
    RS28656_christmas-tree-snow-thinkstock-scr.jpg

Q21: Since 1961, how many white Christmases have there been in Ireland?
    A white Christmas is defined, by Met Eireann, as a Christmas Day when snow fell anywhere in the country

I saw the picture of the Christmas Tree and the twitch started :eek:
    First thought - how in god's name can there be even more questions about trees?!
    :D :pac: :p

• Advertisement

Records only go back that far as the previous ones were destroyed in the epic blizzard of 1960. :p

Yay I'm young....but also middle-age.
    Erm, thanks I guess?

They say you’re as young as the man you feel so you can knock 9 years off my age for starters.
    3k1c.gif

I trust this works the other way round too, then I can knock 8 off mine :D
    cee_jay wrote: »
    I saw the picture of the Christmas Tree and the twitch started :eek:
    First thought - how in god's name can there be even more questions about trees?!
    :D :pac: :p
    Sorry, didn't do that deliberately. Honest... :D

I trust this works the other way round too, then I can knock 8 off mine

4 from mine. I'm now a spritely young fella again.

*Not saying my wife's age as I still value my life*

:pac:

Ah my fella only makes me older.. brings me to ripe old age of 38!!!! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

2D playing mind games again, never change bro :)

Ah my fella only makes me older.. brings me to ripe old age of 38!!!! :(:(
    No, you make him younger!
    Always go with the youngest :D

No, you make him younger!
    Always go with the youngest :D

But that just puts me back at 37!!!! :(:(:(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I trust this works the other way round too, then I can knock 8 off mine :D

More than that off mine, which conveniently brings me down to officially young. Just about. :D

Omg I think I'm on the old side fighting alone! The battles over before it began.

536792.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Omg I think I'm on the old side fighting alone! The battles over before it began.

I'll join your side BB ;)........I hear ye have cookies :D:D

Advertisement