Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Games Sheepish Advent Calendar 2020!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

537070.gif

:( he's so mean to me.

Well I'm going back to bed. I've been up since 6am refreshing this thread.... FOR NOTHING!!! :(:(

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:( he's so mean to me.

Well I'm going back to bed. I've been up since 6am refreshing this thread.... FOR NOTHING!!! :(:(

BB Ted's loss is my gain , c'mere and sit in my lap ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Yess! Finally!!!

Now where's Ted!?!

tenor.gif

Is that the sound of feet running away? :D

If that is you in the pic you can sit on my lap anytime BB. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Back off buddy I saw her first :mad:

• Advertisement

I'm such a hungover dope. I posted my answer in here by mistake :rolleyes: If any of you saw it, that's not my real answer, it's just a cunning ruse to throw you all off :p

BTW, Nitty. There is only one Snowman as far as im concerned and this is his song...

YOU GOT YOUR EARS ON SON? :cool:

BB Ted's loss is my gain , c'mere and sit in my lap ;)

Aww thanks. You guys have a real good cop, bad cop routine going!

It is a routine right? He doesn't just hate me right??!

Haha! I haven't clue who she is.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm such a hungover dope. I posted my answer in here by mistake If any of you saw it, that's not my real answer, it's just a cunning ruse to throw you all off

I saw it but I've submitted my answer already so you're grand brah ;)

Back off buddy I saw her first :mad:

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Wait, was the Snowman not sang by Aled Jones? The guys on Classic FM are constantly going on about it cos he's their presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Wait, was the Snowman not sang by Aled Jones? The guys on Classic FM are constantly going on about it cos he's their presenter.

Peter Auty sung the original version in the film soundtrack. Aled Jones had a version in the charts and this ended up getting a lot more airplay on radio and tv. It's the song he became known for. Poor old Peter was forgotten about for a long time but his version has appeared on some Christmas song compilations, as has Aled's version.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Peter Auty sung the original version in the film soundtrack. Aled Jones had a version in the charts and this ended up getting a lot more airplay on radio and tv. It's the song he became known for. Poor old Peter was forgotten about for a long time but I think his version has appeared on some Christmas song compilations, as has Aled's version.

They only actually got around to crediting Auty in the remastered version in the early noughties I believe.

tenor.gif

😃😃

Also, the song is called Walking in The Air. The film is The Snowman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Also, the song is called Walking in The Air. The film is The Snowman.

It's still awful.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Loads of knowledge in this thread, pity its useless and doesn't help your score :D

Purgative wrote: »
    It's still awful.:pac:

I think EN should issue negative marks to anyone who criticises his taste! Not that I have any interest in the matter. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,920 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I think EN should issue negative marks to anyone who criticises his taste! Not that I have any interest in the matter. :D
    I shall purge him from the advent calendar records, it'll be like he never existed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

OK - might put me in contention for da spoon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Trigger wrote: »
    Top 10 Alternative table:

1st - BuileBeag
    2nd - Irish Aris
    3rd - HeidiHeidi
    4th - tscul32
    5th - Collie D
    6th - Ecto
    7th - Neowise
    8th - TRS30
    9th - Seph
    10th - davetherave

I don't know what this alternative table is but I like it!!! :D

As a matter of interest, where do I come in the alternative table? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,154 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Wait and see, next year's Advent torture challenge will be to top (or bottom) both tables :D

I still reckon I'm there or thereabouts for a median prize......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I know the real answer as he's 3 years older than me, and sometimes I actually remember how old I am...

Not that it matters mind....

What was I talking about again?!?

Oh yeah, median nonsense... answer in.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I was actually thinking of Aled when I sent in my very rushed answer. Aw well! Hopefully they're around the same age. Not that I know Aleds age but I've seen him often enough to have been able to give a reasonable guess.

I was actually thinking of Aled when I sent in my very rushed answer. Aw well! Hopefully they're around the same age. Not that I know Aleds age but I've seen him often enough to have been able to give a reasonable guess.

I did realize who EN was talking about. However, I, too, was working on the basis that Peter and Aled must be of similar age and I have seen Aled plenty of times on the television.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

As a matter of interest, where do I come in the alternative table? :o

Paddy last

tenor.gif?itemid=7858617

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Paddy last

tenor.gif?itemid=7858617

Will you publish the alternative table at the end of the competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

khalessi wrote: »
    Will you publish the alternative table at the end of the competition?

Ehhm its Christmas Eve! I'll do top 3/5

I will though tell ye my method and then you can figure it out yourself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,154 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ehhm its Christmas Eve! I'll do top 3/5

Shure what else have you to be doing???

It's not like you could be out gallivanting or shopping or pinting...... (*insert teary icon of choice here)

Advertisement