Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Games Sheepish Advent Calendar 2020!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Congratulations G&R, this game really is a marathon, not a sprint, so anyone who comes out on top thoroughly deserves to do so

Thanks for the game EN, a serious amount of effort needed to run this game, which was - for the most part - thoroughly enjoyable :D

I'm very happy to finish in the anonymous mid-table after my 200m tree debacle

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Top 5 finish. I’m delighted with that!

Happy Christmas everyone and thanks for a great game EN only 11 months to go to the sign in thread for next years game.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Congrats to everyone on a great game. Happy to be top 5 in such a close fought run. Thanks EN. this makes my Christmas.

First time since I had my own household that my parents can't join us for the celebrations so time to make some new traditions.

Happy Christmas everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Congratulations GnR, fair play!!

Thank you very much EN, this was an excellent competition!!

Merry Christmas everyone, I wish all the best for you and your beloved ones!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Not my finest finish lol. But thanks a mill this has made me laugh a lot this year!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Kolido wrote: »
    Congrats GnR, a great win and to Deco with the spoon.

Thanks a great game EN as always, looking forward to next years.

In the fashion of those ridiculous statements spouted by soccer people (it's a game of two halves OR I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the League OR if they hadn't scored, we would have won): if it had not been for those negative scores that I got, I actually would have finished quite well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Thanks EN for the great game! Congrats G&R!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,906 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Congratulations G&R !

EN , thank you definitely the light hearted fun we all needed :)
    Happy Christmas folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Congrats GnR! I'm happy with my second place!!!

Thanks for running EN, very enjoyable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Mayo may not have won the All-Ireland in 2020 but their representative did win The Forum Games Sheepish Advent Calendar 2020! :D This is arguably a more prestigious trophy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,421 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Congrats GnR on the victory and thanks a mill for running the show EN :)

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

Congrats G&R super jealous
    Thanks EN class game,

Still sickened I lost out on top 10
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Registered Users Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That was fun! Thanks EN for running it, you have great dedication to be there doing the sums every single day!

Next year I will try and remember to start at the beginning :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Top 10 finish- you've made my Christmas!! :D

Would have been 7th place if I hadn't missed the first day, will still be lamenting that on my death bed. :p

Thank you for a great game, EN! Happy Christmas to you and yours. :)

Top 20 finish, not too shabby. And I only made one embarrassingly terrible guess (that I can recall), so that's surpassed the very low expectations I had at outset.

Many thanks EN for running; can't wait to see what you come up with next year! :pac:

Congrats G&R for another great Forum Games win, and to Declan for a well-earned spoon.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Great job G & R. Enjoy the spoon Decco.
    Thanks for the game Nitty, you truly are the king of the Mathletes :cool:
    Next tear I think I'll be washing my hair polishing my dome, for three weeks.
    Thanks for the craic everyone, hope you all have a great Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭tscul32

Great fun. On day 3 I was in last place but managed to work my way up to the top half of the board.
    Thanks EN for all the fun. Can't wait for the 2021 version.
    Happy Christmas all.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I was going for wooden spoon

Congrats G&R, and EN for a great game.
    Lost it in the middle somewhere & superslipped downwards!

I'll make up for it next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Thanks EN, already looking forward to next year! Great game, very engaging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I don’t know what to say guys, a great day for the parish. Lesson learned - keep it between the ditches and you won’t go too wrong

Thanks to EN for a great comp, I’ll be back next year

Before that I’m going to run a January last person standing quiz, sign ups below
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115704269#post115704269

Also

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f297umt97gbs7qouettvcgf2owjlozbmdwvviag1t78&rid=giphy.gif

Well done GnR. Thanks so much EN!! You're the best. That was great fun!! Mid table was a respectable finish for me and sure I made it onto Teds lap (however brief) and that's all I cared about anyway.

And of course, most importantly of all, I'm fairly sure I topped the alternative board.. a.k.a the real board!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Congrats GnR forgot to say that earlier and thanks everyone for a great game!!! Happy Christmas!!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Another great game this Christmas, thanks EN for organising it. And congrats to G&R, very well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'm not gonna complain about a #37 finish. Sur its where I spent most of the game.

Brilliant work by all, especially GnR and EN. Some amount of work put in by EN. Great host. Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

Hope Santa is goos to everyone this year. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cheers EN for running a class game, Congrats G +R.

This forum is amazing! so glad I found it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Neowise

Well done GnR. Thanks so much EN!! You're the best. That was great fun!! Mid table was a respectable finish for me and sure I made it onto Teds lap (however brief) and that's all I cared about anyway.

And of course, most importantly of all, I'm fairly sure I topped the alternative board.. a.k.a the real board!

I think heidiheidi got to the finish line a split second ahead of you on the alt table, with you coming in 2nd.

Well done GnR on the win.

Thanks for fun festive game EN, really enjoyed it.

Have fun digging in the snow with your spoon Declan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Neowise wrote: »
    I think heidiheidi got to the finish line a split second ahead of you on the alt table, with you coming in 2nd.

Well done GnR on the win.

Thanks for fun festive game EN, really enjoyed it.

Have fun digging in the snow with your spoon Declan.

Correct, the alternative table was just a play on the game, the median was the leader and scores closest to that worked down the leader board

Top 5(6) here: (score away from median)
    1. HeidiHeidi
    2. Ecto (0.5)
    3. Buile (0.9)
    4. Tscul32 (1.4)
    5. Collie & Irish Aris (3.0)

Congrats G&R, thats some average score.. very consistent and deserved winner..

Cheers EN for the game. Was fun to play

Once again another great game. Thanks EN.

Well done G&R.

Enjoy tomorrow everyone xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,154 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Trigger wrote: »
    Correct, the alternative table was just a play on the game, the median was the leader and scores closest to that worked down the leader board

Top 5(6) here: (score away from median)
    1. HeidiHeidi
    2. Ecto (0.5)
    3. Buile (0.9)
    4. Tscul32 (1.4)
    5. Collie & Irish Aris (3.0)

Congrats G&R, thats some average score.. very consistent and deserved winner..

Cheers EN for the game. Was fun to play

So I did win the median prize then??? Hurray!!
    What a laugh! :D

Great game, EN. Just the sort of distraction I love at this time of year, but especially this year!

(I can't help wondering how I'd have done if Fkn Die Hard hadn't happened though :D I was doing SO well before that! )

Happy Christmas y'all!

Advertisement