Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economist & Policy Analyst Graduate Role

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 KD1934

Emailed for an update today and they said to expect to receive an email this week with regard to the next stage in the process, which will involve scanning in academic qualifications etc. In the interview results message they said that if your place on the order of merit is reached then the final 'clearance' process is commenced before offer of an appointment. Hoping this means that if they're asking for proof of qualifications that my OOM is reached - anyone know if this is correct?

Hmmm not sure what to think there. I’d be surprised that they’ve reached panel 2 so quickly, maybe they are just trying to get a head start on having everyone on the panel in ‘clearance’. I emailed last week and haven’t received a reply. That could just be me being wary of that whole situation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ShatterResistant

KD1934 wrote: »
    Hmmm not sure what to think there. I’d be surprised that they’ve reached panel 2 so quickly, maybe they are just trying to get a head start on having everyone on the panel in ‘clearance’. I emailed last week and haven’t received a reply. That could just be me being wary of that whole situation though.

Absolutely, it would be very quick! Was settling in for a few weeks wait at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭exitstageleft

Do we know of anyone from Batch 1 who had actually started work?
    (Surely the first thing they'd do that morning is log in and let us know on this thread.)

I can't really understand the what or why with Batch 2. Any emails I've sent into PAS have gone unanswered. For a transparent process it's pretty opaque at times!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭emmaneiser

Do we know of anyone from Batch 1 who had actually started work?
    (Surely the first thing they'd do that morning is log in and let us know on this thread.)

I would expect nothing less :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FlatEnt

Absolutely, it would be very quick! Was settling in for a few weeks wait at least.

Have they emailed you with the clearance information yet?

• Advertisement

FlatEnt wrote: »
    Have they emailed you with the clearance information yet?

Yep, just got an email today with request for academic qualifications, references, garda vetting, ID verification etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭emmaneiser

Yep, just got an email today with request for academic qualifications, references, garda vetting, ID verification etc.

They they say if they have a role for you or is it a case of getting clearance done for everyone so they’re ready to go when they get to our place on the panel?

emmaneiser wrote: »
    They they say if they have a role for you or is it a case of getting clearance done for everyone so they’re ready to go when they get to our place on the panel?

The usual qualification ‘I am pleased to inform you you are under consideration for appointment as a Graduate Policy Analyst....’ and then ‘... this is not to be taken as an offer of appointment’.

Going by the depth of detail they’ve requested I think it’s unlikely they’d go through all that, ringing references, including current employer if all else checks out, unless there was a good chance they’d have a role.

Yeah I just got mine too - so surprised to get it haha I expected a long summer wait!

Great to hear things might be moving.

Are you both in batch 2?

• Advertisement

Great to hear things might be moving.

Are you both in batch 2?

I am - I believe the other person is too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 goodstart

Has anyone from the first group gotten their assignment yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lolly101

hi everyone! is it not just one panel with all batch 1 and 2 results as on the message it says "you have been placed X on the OOM'?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BlueAW

lolly101 wrote: »
    hi everyone! is it not just one panel with all batch 1 and 2 results as on the message it says "you have been placed X on the OOM'?

Hi,
    No, there are two panels, one for batch 1 so the people who interviewed in January and then another panel for batch 2 the people who interviewed in February/March.

thanks @BlueAW. Would it then be fair to reckon that batch 2 may not be called even though they asked for docs very early? I had a few problems sending back the email with the attachments due to the files size....

thanks @BlueAW. Would it then be fair to reckon that batch 2 may not be called even though they asked for docs very early? I had a few problems sending back the email with the attachments due to the files size....

I assume if you’ve been called for clearance then you’ve a good chance of getting the job once you’ve been cleared. Maybe just email PAS before the cutoff re the file sizes?

I emailed this afternoon again with the files attached as a google link so hopefully that will work but I am still waiting for confirmation

Do we know roughly what OOM they got up to for clearance on panel 2?

I'd be interested to know this too since in my experience with PAS once you've been called to clearance that means there is an open job.

Although it seems they are moving very quickly through the batches I don't really see why it would be different this time. Maybe there's a big call for policy analysts at the moment?

it's strange how fast they might be moving... I emailed asking was it one panel or two but no reply. I thought it strange that those who did well in the case study are in with more of a chance of getting selected as they would automatically be in batch 1 (idk if this wasn't stated), and perhaps then they might not have interviewed as well.. that's why I figured it was one panel! I suppose it is a long way until September so they might just be getting prepared.. a very much 'incase' scenario if batch 1 gets exhausted

• Advertisement

it's strange how fast they might be moving... I emailed asking was it one panel or two but no reply. I thought it strange that those who did well in the case study are in with more of a chance of getting selected as they would automatically be in batch 1 (idk if this wasn't stated), and perhaps then they might not have interviewed as well.. that's why I figured it was one panel! I suppose it is a long way until September so they might just be getting prepared.. a very much 'incase' scenario if batch 1 gets exhausted

I don’t think they’ve called everyone from panel 2 for clearance so I think there must be positions for the top few of panel 2 that got called.

I'd be interested to know this too since in my experience with PAS once you've been called to clearance that means there is an open job.

Although it seems they are moving very quickly through the batches I don't really see why it would be different this time. Maybe there's a big call for policy analysts at the moment?

I would’ve thought this too that if PAS calls someone for clearance that there is a job open for them. Didn’t they say that in their message last month in regards to when they meet your OOM.

KD1934 wrote: »
    Do we know roughly what OOM they got up to for clearance on panel 2?

I think the first 10 people in Batch 2 have been called for clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 High_castle

goodstart wrote: »
    Has anyone from the first group gotten their assignment yet?

I haven't! Maybe it's just me, but clearance is slow

I haven't! Maybe it's just me, but clearance is slow

Bit mad you haven’t got an assignment yet maybe they are waiting for the Covid situation to get a little bit better.

Any updates on assignments?

I'm in the first group and haven't received an assignment yet :(

hey @goodstart, have you filled out all Garda vetting forms and have PAS contacted your references? I was told that once vetting was complete, they would do so

I wouldn’t be too concerned - the message from PAS states that ‘you’re under consideration for a position’. I imagine there are roles for everyone they’ve called for clearance, and any delay is due to the logistics of co-ordinating such a process.

I’ve emailed asking for an update as my vetting has been cleared (email from Gardaí etc), so if I’m made aware of anything I will post again.

• Advertisement

Just to let you all know, I got the message on Friday saying i'm being assigned to a position. Still no specifics but now it's up to the department to contact me, don't know when that will happen

Advertisement