Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Affiliate Marketing (FBA) programme

Options
  • 24-11-2020 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi

I am new here on this site, and I am looking for any recommendations you guys can give. Having been made redundant last April, I am looking at using some of my redundancy money to get into an Amazon FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) programme, which involves paying Amazon a monthly fee to sell your goods on their site and use their warehouse and delivery services. I have no experience in this area, and therefore I am considering undertaking an online programme. I have researched online and I find there to be loads of different programmes available. I have narrowed it down to three as follows:

1. Amazon Selling Machine cost: $5000.
    2. Online Retail Mastery cost: $997.
    3. Marketplace Superheroes cost: $997.

From what I can see so far about Amazon FBA marketing is that some of these courses appear to concentrate on finding simple products that will sell, and they claim to provide you with the tools to be successful. However it looks like a complex process, after you have identified the products you are selling, you have to source them on Alibaba, ship them, store them, get them through customs pay VAT and customs duties, set up a company and pay income tax. While Im not looking to become a millionaire I am keen to get into this and I would give it 100% however it all sounds a bit daunting so I am looking for advice or tips anyone has particularly in the following areas:

1. Can anyone give advice on any of these programmes, are they suitable for a novice.
    2. Is it difficult to make an income through selling on Amazon in this way.
    3 Is living in Ireland a problem after Brexit if importing goods through Amazon.co.uk

Thank you for reading.

iBaxter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭poker--addict

I see so many courses advertised on social media for these FBA programmes, which immediately rings alarms.....

"I became a millionaire overnight by investing almost no capital and doing almost no work, and for a small fee i will tell everyone the secret in a small course that will change your life and family wealth for generation" (text to overlay picture of a individual standing beside a Bentley).

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Once the algorithm picks up what your selling is going well, Amazon's own purchasing team will source your product and undercut you. That's their business model

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iBaxter

Thanks for the replies actually having dug further into the subject ive decided against it for the moment. Yes there are a lot of so called gurus online promising instant wealth but there are also others online trying to prove that the tactics used are fake. Its difficult to tell who is genuine. Overall it seems a little murky for my liking, I'll explore other options.

Advertisement