Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you take an approved COVID-19 vaccine?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

is_that_so wrote: »
    Why would you send someone into a COVID ward unless they have COVID? The impression given is that the health system is currently divided into COVID and non-COVID sectors and that the free bed numbers are in non-COVID.

That's the point I'm trying to make.

The original poster claimed the hospitals had plenty of free beds. But as I said, some of those apparent drew beds may be in a covid ward. Although technically free, it's not is it, because you can't send any old sick person in there can you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

So the sinners are basically a bunch of conspiracy theorists .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Send out a Vit C, D and Zinc supplement to every one in the country. Open everything back up.

We have multiple studies now showing only old and those with Vit levels on the floor get sick.

We practically closed our health services and paid hundreds of millions to borrow the private hospitals and then didn't use them for half a year. We could have wiped out our waiting lists with that money, instead their longer than ever.

The borrowing is kinda comical in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

weisses wrote: »
    Yes .. definitely

Had enough of restrictions ... Need to be able to travel and see family

What makes you think that the vaccine will stop restrictions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    What makes you think that the vaccine will stop restrictions?
    Ultimately herd immunity and inability of the virus to affect large numbers of people. Restrictions should start to ease from March or so and be gone by summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Ultimately herd immunity and inability of the virus to affect large numbers of people. Restrictions should start to ease from March or so and be gone by summer.

Could you post a link or a source for this please?

By the way I hate this tactic of people asking for a link or a source but I will save you the effort you won't find anything to backup your statement.

Could you post a link or a source for this please?

By the way I hate this tactic of people asking for a link or a source but I will save you the effort you won't find anything to backup your statement.
    The first sentence I found an answer to in 3 seconds so off you go to Google. It's the purpose of vaccinations anyway. My own dislike is posters who can't be bothered to do their own research even if it's just to come back and call me out. The second one is my opinion as clearly indicated by the use of "should". Feel free to disagree with it.

The first sentence I found an answer to in 3 seconds so off you go to Google. My own dislike is posters who can't be bothered to do their own research even if it's just to come back and call me out. The second one is my opinion as clearly indicated by the use of "should". Feel free to disagree with it.

Ok in MY OPINION masks are here to stay I have not heard any media outlet or official source say and different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Ok in MY OPINION masks are here to stay I have not heard any media outlet or official source say and different.

Wasn’t the mandatory wearing of masks only legislated until early October? Whatever happened to that?

• Advertisement

Wasn’t the mandatory wearing of masks only legislated until early October? Whatever happened to that?

Public health laws on face coverings are in place until 9 June 2021.

All here.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/covid19/public_health_measures_for_covid19.html#l902c9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

OK, so you have a 6 bed ward, currently 5 have covid and one bed is free. You go in with a broken leg, do you think you're going into the ward with them?

It's not rocket science is it

Rona is aerosolised, unless the other ward is in a different hospital where they put you doesn't matter.

File that with the 2 week lockdown to flatten the curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

The first sentence I found an answer to in 3 seconds so off you go to Google. It's the purpose of vaccinations anyway. My own dislike is posters who can't be bothered to do their own research even if it's just to come back and call me out. The second one is my opinion as clearly indicated by the use of "should". Feel free to disagree with it.

If it is so easy to find the resources to back up your claims, why not to paste them here instead of typing 345 characters monologue?

grogi wrote: »
    If it is so easy to find the resources to back up your claims, why not to paste them here instead of typing 345 characters monologue?
    Indeed, you might also have reflected on your own need to witter on about my own witterings! I will add there is an implied assumption in that post that posters are making some effort to go beyond social media to get information. That concept/number is not at all new in relation to COVID and has been talked about since this all began.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Lots of people on my Facebook posting about a conspiracy relating to a vaccine passport and how it infringes on multiple constitutional rights and how its a government scam. Posted up my old vaccine yellow booklet that I had in South America. 2 heps, rabies, yellow fever, dengue and good few more. Could not enter loads of countries with out it. Not one had ever seen or heard of it. Others thought I had fabricated it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

joeguevara wrote: »
    Lots of people on my Facebook posting about a conspiracy relating to a vaccine passport and how it infringes on multiple constitutional rights and how its a government scam. Posted up my old vaccine yellow booklet that I had in South America. 2 heps, rabies, yellow fever, dengue and good few more. Could not enter loads of countries with out it. Not one had ever seen or heard of it. Others thought I had fabricated it.

And sure how bad that a vaccine passport might become a thing - if those people want to be rebels without a cause they are more than welcome to refuse the vaccine, but in return they can be outcasts in terms of travel to anywhere outside the country.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Lots of people on my Facebook posting about a conspiracy relating to a vaccine passport and how it infringes on multiple constitutional rights and how its a government scam.

You can't just not love the ould 'constitutional rights' argument :D

Majority of those bringing it up didn't even hold Constitution in their hands, not to mention reading it.
    Posted up my old vaccine yellow booklet that I had in South America. 2 heps, rabies, yellow fever, dengue and good few more. Could not enter loads of countries with out it. Not one had ever seen or heard of it. Others thought I had fabricated it.

Loads would take a flight to Canaries and consider themselfes world travellers ;)

Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity and reflect how wrong I previously was. Pfizer vaccine just got approved in UK, NHS starts vaccinations next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

I'm not eager to take it, I do think there could be possible longer term effects that we cant know about, effects which would be more harmful to me than getting the virus. But if it opens the door back to travel in 2021 for me then I will take it, it is such a big part of my life and I'm not as happy when I cant travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

MrStuffins wrote: »
    4no5fw.jpg

Will take them to court , a form of discrimination

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Good luck with that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

grogi wrote: »
    You can't just not love the ould 'constitutional rights' argument :D

Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity and reflect how wrong I previously was. Pfizer vaccine just got approved in UK, NHS starts vaccinations next week.

it might just be the greatest revenge of them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭atilladehun

You're going to take a foreign countries government to court?

Dear Thai government.....

Holidays in Centre Parcs in Longford for you from now on i'm afraid.

How dare to discriminate you by refusing a visa... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭Russman

But not an illegal form of discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

I let politicians, researchers, scientists, to take it first,then I will not take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Do you really think supreme courts are going to indulge Johnny from Galway in his legal battle against the state of Thailand for refusing him entry because he wouldn't take a vaccine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

So even the EU, European Medicines Agency, are criticisng the hastiness of the UK's vaccine approval procedure.

But if someone on boards has any legitimate doubts about the rushed nature of the vaccine they're labelled anti-vaxxers.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1202/1181886-coronavirus-vaccine-eu/

As I said before, there's an awful lot of power and wealth to be gained by rushing a vaccine for Covid-19. It's not like people have never bypassed ethical and regulatory standards for financial gain before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I've been out of the country in the past month on non essential travel. On a weekend break...

Passed through Schipol 3 weeks ago. Empty I tell you but lots of bargains in duty free but still way over priced. Yes I am alive and I did not catch Covid. The world did not end.

Advertisement