Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you take an approved COVID-19 vaccine?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

No I don't think I will be taking the vaccine. There seems to be enough willing others to bring us up to the required number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

No I don't think I will be taking the vaccine. There seems to be enough willing others to bring us up to the required number

The vaccine makers and have been granted full immunity from any legal or financial claims by the Irish ruling Junta that should tell you all you need to know.

Like the feminists said my body my choice.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,508 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Conspiracy theory posts deleted - please try not to rise to the bait

The vaccine makers and have been granted full immunity from any legal or financial claims by the Irish ruling Junta that should tell you all you need to know.

Like the feminists said my body my choice.

Someone else with no idea what they are talking about.

Someone else with no idea what they are talking about.

What I said is 100% factual if you want to contest it you need to back it up with proof.
    Share to Facebook

The European pharmaceutical industry’s vaccines lobby has pushed the EU for exemptions that would protect its members from lawsuits if there are problems with any new coronavirus vaccines, according to people with knowledge of the discussions and an internal memo seen by the Financial Times.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/health-pharma/covid-19-vaccine-makers-lobby-eu-for-legal-protection-1.4339157
    The Irish unelected government has granted this.

Are you going to retract your silly statement when you are unable to back it up?

• Advertisement

What I said is 100% factual if you want to contest it you need to back it up with proof.

Proof is right there in your post. It’s been explained multiple times on the vaccine threads yet some continue to intentionally ignore reality to deliberately spread misinformation

Proof is right there in your post. It’s been explained multiple times on the vaccine threads yet some continue to intentionally ignore reality to deliberately spread misinformation

You are wrong repeating that save drivel again and again does not change that.
    Aontú leader Peadar Tóibín TD has again called on the government to provide an estimate for how much the State-indemnification of pharmaceutical companies providing vaccines against Covid-19 could cost the State.

Speaking in the Dáil today, Deputy Tóibín said:

“I’m concerned about the fact that the State intends to indemnify the private companies providing vaccines for Covid-19. I’m concerned for three reasons. First of all there has been no political discussion or debate about the issue. When a government indemnifies a private company it takes away the economic imperative from that company to ensure that the product is 100% safe. By indemnifying a private company the State leaves itself exposed to millions of euros of costs resulting from lawsuits”.

https://aontu.ie/indemnification-of-pharmaceutical-companies-is-a-scrutiny-free-zone-toibin/

You are wrong repeating that save drivel again and again does not change that.

https://aontu.ie/indemnification-of-pharmaceutical-companies-is-a-scrutiny-free-zone-toibin/

Tobin doesn’t have a clue what he is talking about either. The indemnity does not absolve companies of the requirement to ensure all protocols are followed completely. It does not identify the company of the take short cuts or deliberately make false claims, which if they did would be a criminal as well as civil matter. What it does do is ensure a vaccine manufactured to the appropriate standards is available at a reasonable price in a reasonable timeframe. Without the idemnity we would have very expensive or very slowly developed vaccine, or even both. We pay for it either way, either up front cost or in the indemnity. The indemnity would likely work out at a fraction of the cost

DubInMeath wrote: »
    For someone who isn't into conspiracy theorists you sure swallow and regurgitate a lot of their bullsh1t.

dd8ad47a15d0b59d942b480346abb4b6.jpg
    I have received a number of infractions for being uncivil.:rolleyes:

These are usually the kind of posts I do be replying to when I get a slap on the wrist.

You have not said what you disagree with but I better be careful to be civil to your most informed and well written thoughtful post.:p

Mod: Banned

These are usually the kind of posts I do be replying to when I get a slap on the wrist.

You have not said what you disagree with but I better be careful to be civil to your most informed and well written thoughtful accurate post.:p

You forgot that it was also accurate. Fixed it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭nannerbenahs

You have not said what you disagree with but I better be careful to be civil to your most informed and well written thoughtful post.:p
    Sympathy my friend .... The so called boards moderators actually deleted two of my comments in the last hour (both raising interesting scientific matters with links to academic studies on nanotechnology , vaccines and the modus operandi of the coronavirus as it affects the blood brain barrier).
    Unfortunately this site has been reduced to a low budget narrative control centre where no debate can take place if it moves even slightly outside official bounderies.
    Many of the ´´commenters´´ are really just narrative guardians and their sad job is to stomp on anyone who raises contentious issues or questions the official newspeak.
    I´m wondering what types would actually sign up for this inglorious work, as they are in effect helping copper-fasten adherence to the blind hysteria fuelling this campaign of worldwide death and destruction.

I suppose this comment will be deleted. Maybe not though if one of the mods can think of a clever reposte.

Mod: Banned

Sympathy my friend .... The so called boards moderators actually deleted two of my comments in the last hour (both raising interesting scientific matters with links to academic studies on nanotechnology , vaccines and the modus operandi of the coronavirus as it affects the blood brain barrier).
    Unfortunately this site has been reduced to a low budget narrative control centre where no debate can take place if it moves even slightly outside official bounderies.
    Many of the ´´commenters´´ are really just narrative guardians and their sad job is to stomp on anyone who raises contentious issues or questions the official newspeak.
    I´m wondering what types would actually sign up for this inglorious work, as they are in effect helping copper-fasten adherence to the blind hysteria fuelling this campaign of worldwide death and destruction.

I suppose this comment will be deleted. Maybe not though if one of the mods can think of a clever reposte.

The only interesting scientific matters raised in what you posted is a study of the gullibility of some to believe anything if "sciency" language is used. In an of itself what you posted on the vaccine was pseudoscientific mumbo jumbo with no basis in reality

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

CinemaGuy45 and nannerbenahs threadbanned when they come back from their socially distant vacation

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭allaboutt

Sconsey wrote: »

What are the long term affects of taking this Pfizer mRNA Vaccine.?
    Apart from being protected from Covid19 we don't know if there are any, . How do you think any new treatments ever come on stream, if even though they are proven safe, data peer reviewed and are effective....everyone says "nah not just yet". There never will be any long term data. How do you even define long term anyway?

They need to explain why it is safe to be taken and why have they come to this conclusion....they do, read the EMA review when it comes out, read the recently completed FDA review.

How can we expect anyone to be confident about taking something that has being rushed, only recently authorised and the long term affects of mRNA Vaccine data is not there.
    Nonsense on the rushed, no safety standards have been broken, fast does not imply bad. Recently authorized? the authorization does not get better if we all sit on our hands and do nothing for a few years. There is never any long term data for new treatments, there can only be long term data after a long time, you make it sound like this is some big flaw.

You are of course entitled to make your own decision about taking it or not. But I think your ulterior motive here, whether you realize it or not, is that you are not willing to take it so you are trying to convince yourself and others that this is the right choice. Misery loves company.

You obviously have not seen my previosu posts that I have read the FDA Report and i have referenced several times with back up quotes. Not going over again...There is no long Term Data on this Vaccine in the FDA report.

Excellent Question In relation to the long term effects of any Vaccine and how do they do it.

Any Vaccine you take following braod steps would happen.
    1. You take Vaccine
    2. you have trials phase 1 phase 2 phase 3 trials, follow up at regular intervals checks up example for 3 months , 6 months 1 year 3 years, 5 years etc and ask medical questions in relation to it, any side affects their medical history and understnad are they linked.

3. You have feedback loops for the vaccine canditates ie checks and balances if somethign turns out of the blue the Vaccine canditate they know where to go.

Vaccines dont just pop out of thin air get tested for a few weeks/months like now. There is checks and balances carried out and follows up over long periods of time before it is released to the market. Each Vaccination is different in specifics again im talkign broad strokes.
    But in order to get long term data about the affects of the Vaccine it takes time that we cannot change.

The only way we can answer a question for example

What happens after 1 year of taking this Vaccine?

Is you wait 1 year and have check ups with the Vaccine Canditates..

I am here for debate and answers. we need to be critical thinkers and ask the simple and hard questions about this Vaccine. Simply just sitting back and accepting what we are told and not quesiton things for me is unacceptable.. go back through the thread and look at some of the great links and information posted and people challenging what is being said
    We ahev only started and its not even January :)
    Yes this Vaccine be the greatest thing ever i honeslty hope it is. Just too many unanwered questions at the moment.

Here is a HSE Survey to give your opinion on the Vaccine
    https://www.thejournal.ie/public-asked-to-fill-in-hse-survey-5297126-Dec2020/

is_that_so wrote: »
    Here's a more complete list of vaccine events and concerns.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/concerns-history.html

thank you great link

Hardyn wrote: »
    Worth noting when you look into most of those incidents you'll find the concerns were later shown to be unfounded. Vaccines have an excellent safety record and while there's always a miniscule chance of something going wrong, the fact is the reward vastly outweighs the risk.

I agree Vaccines have excellent safety record.

Below is how long it usually takes for Vaccines.
    https://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/vaccine-development-testing-and-regulation

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/06/vaccine-development-barriers-coronavirus/

If someone has a link on why the Vaccine is so quick this time with Data that would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

allaboutt wrote: »
    You obviously have not seen my previosu posts that I have read the FDA Report and i have referenced several times with back up quotes. Not going over again...There is no long Term Data on this Vaccine in the FDA report.

Excellent Question In relation to the long term effects of any Vaccine and how do they do it.

Any Vaccine you take following braod steps would happen.
    1. You take Vaccine
    2. you have trials phase 1 phase 2 phase 3 trials, follow up at regular intervals checks up example for 3 months , 6 months 1 year 3 years, 5 years etc and ask medical questions in relation to it, any side affects their medical history and understnad are they linked.

3. You have feedback loops for the vaccine canditates ie checks and balances if somethign turns out of the blue the Vaccine canditate they know where to go.

Vaccines dont just pop out of thin air get tested for a few weeks/months like now. There is checks and balances carried out and follows up over long periods of time before it is released to the market. Each Vaccination is different in specifics again im talkign broad strokes.
    But in order to get long term data about the affects of the Vaccine it takes time that we cannot change.

The only way we can answer a question for example

What happens after 1 year of taking this Vaccine?

Is you wait 1 year and have check ups with the Vaccine Canditates..

I am here for debate and answers. we need to be critical thinkers and ask the simple and hard questions about this Vaccine. Simply just sitting back and accepting what we are told and not quesiton things for me is unacceptable.. go back through the thread and look at some of the great links and information posted and people challenging what is being said
    We ahev only started and its not even January :)
    Yes this Vaccine be the greatest thing ever i honeslty hope it is. Just too many unanwered questions at the moment.

Here is a HSE Survey to give your opinion on the Vaccine
    https://www.thejournal.ie/public-asked-to-fill-in-hse-survey-5297126-Dec2020/

More misinformation (little joke) - the link to the survey is here: http://survey.euro.confirmit.com/wix/p866991630334.aspx?TD=7

schmoo2k wrote: »
    More misinformation (little joke) - the link to the survey is here: http://survey.euro.confirmit.com/wix/p866991630334.aspx?TD=7

Your Good schmook2k :) I like your style :)

Do you have any references on why and how they got the covid 19 Vaccine here so fast(that has data points, timelines etc attached to it) besides the usual MSM stuff from everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Doc07

Do you have any references on why and how they got the covid 19 Vaccine here so fast(that has data points, timelines etc attached to it) besides the usual MSM stuff from everywhere.

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/human-regulatory/overview/public-health-threats/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/treatments-vaccines/covid-19-vaccines-development-evaluation-approval-monitoring

There you go, it’s a long read but plenty of information in non-technical language about how vaccine development can be sped up in a public health emergency situation without compromising scientific integrity or regulation standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PhantomHat

Doc07 wrote: »
    https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/human-regulatory/overview/public-health-threats/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/treatments-vaccines/covid-19-vaccines-development-evaluation-approval-monitoring

There you go, it’s a long read but plenty of information in non-technical language about how vaccine development can be sped up in a public health emergency situation without compromising scientific integrity or regulation standards.

Very good information here. However a rushed out vaccine still falls short in the time it takes to show any adverse effects.
    You cannot substitute time for any fancy methods. Time is time.
    The manufacturers will be looking closely at the data collected from the general population from this point on. This will show if there will be any issues. Hopefully there won't be anything major.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,974 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

PhantomHat wrote: »
    Very good information here. However a rushed out vaccine still falls short in the time it takes to show any adverse effects.
    The manufacturers will be looking closely at the data collected from the general population from this point on. This will show if there will be any issues. Hopefully there won't be anything major.

So, what's the magic number? How many days/months/years do you wait until you're happy to get the vaccine?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

I won't call any of them fancy methods or the vaccine rushed. A major contributor to the reason why the timescale was decreased was the incidence rate of Covid-19 at the time when the trials were conducted. Most vaccines trials are not conducted during a pandemic and therefore you have to wait much longer for someone who is vaccinated to be exposed to the disease to measure the outcome of the trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PhantomHat

cgc5483 wrote: »
    I won't call any of them fancy methods or the vaccine rushed. A major contributor to the reason why the timescale was decreased was the incidence rate of Covid-19 at the time when the trials were conducted. Most vaccines trials are not conducted during a pandemic and therefore you have to wait much longer for someone who is vaccinated to be exposed to the disease to measure the outcome of the trial.
    I take your point. However there were no time machines involved in the trials!
    I understand how people do not wish to wait around for time to pass but that is beside the point. There is no long term safety data period.
    The trials also tested for reduction in disease. They did not study if you become immune or if you could pass it on to others. This has yet to be determined. Sorry if it appears all very hasty to me and perhaps to others but it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

I take your point. However there were no time machines involved in the trials!
    I understand how people do not wish to wait around for time to pass but that is beside the point. There is no long term safety data period.
    The trials also tested for reduction in disease. They did not study if you become immune or if you could pass it on to others. This has yet to be determined. Sorry if it appears all very hasty to me and perhaps to others but it does.

Yes they haven't tested how long you are protected or if you can transmit but we do know that is highly effective in preventing the disease and the consequences of that.

Long term safety data is important if for instance you are taking a medicine daily continuously for an extended period of time. This is a vaccine that is given in 2 doses 21 days apart. Between the studies they have followed up more than 18000 people for a median of 2 months by which time the vaccine is long cleared from the body and in which no safety concern was identified.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Approved User Assesment

The Uk's Whitty chap said today there is no evidence of harm on fertility levels or indeed on those planning to breed (in the coming years) all without demonstrating a functioning time machine.

Yet at the same time there is no evidence that it does not. I.e. Vaccine is not and will not be given to folks that are preggers of planning on replication, no ladies accepted on the trails that were planning/expecting offspring, also zero long-term trials. so far it's really only 90yo little old ladies that are seen getting the experimental jab.

Unless William Shakesphere and the little old lady from NI plan on getting jiggy jiggy sometime soon, evidence does not currently exist either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭plodder

The Uk's Whitty chap said today there is no evidence of harm on fertility levels or indeed on those planning to breed (in the coming years) all without demonstrating a functioning time machine.

Yet at the same time there is no evidence that it does not. I.e. Vaccine is not and will not be given to folks that are preggers of planning on replication, no ladies accepted on the trails that were planning/expecting offspring, also zero long-term trials. so far it's really only 90yo little old ladies that are seen getting the experimental jab.

Unless William Shakesphere and the little old lady from NI plan on getting jiggy jiggy sometime soon, evidence does not currently exist either way.
    I imagine that the issue with pregnant women is the risk and unknown effects on the baby, and not about fertility at all.

This concern about fertility has an awful whiff of conspiracy and internet quackery about it. Might be best to take it to the CT forum ..?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

i read somewhere but forget what is the "r" part stand for and was this not an inhibitor ?
    which has fertility implications

Its only coming from Belgium, I assume by road so a couple of days max. Maybe longer if the English land bridge is closed in Jan?

Everything you have said is also true for folks who have contracted Covid, we have no long term studies on that either...

There is a very good chance that those opting out of the vaccine you will ultimately get natural immunity anyway, if your opting in good for you, if your not that is fine also.

But I don't get why some folks:
    1. Want to "push" their choice to others
    2. Make a decision based on non qualified opinions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Quazzie wrote: »
    So, what's the magic number? How many days/months/years do you wait until you're happy to get the vaccine?
    Anyone outside the first half a dozen groups will be waiting till the summer anyway. That's 6 months of huge data from multiple countries.

Advertisement