Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you take an approved COVID-19 vaccine?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

jelem wrote: »
    read (and not from main stream media) what is the R in mRNA.

You've been told this already, twice, in another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Approved User Assesment

It's the economy stupid. Banning say 25% of the population from your country for not vaccinating means 25% (or lets say an entrenched 15%) less business for your airlines and hotels.

We'll see how long that lasts, once the Covid dust settles.

Could be more like 35-40%, when factoring in the mixed success rates, constant mutations and localised or ethnic/random factors.

Still 60% of previous peak air travel is much, much more than is currently happening. This also meets the 'green' agenda targets of reducing leisure travel. Along with increases in state subsidies, perhaps even UBI, and the rise of automation (permanent human redundancy), this could actually be a win-win.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

You've been told this already, twice, in another thread.
    others may not have read other thread duh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

To save folks the effort the R stands for Ribonucleic:
    Ribonucleic acid is a polymeric molecule essential in various biological roles in coding, decoding, regulation and expression of genes. RNA and DNA are nucleic acids. Along with lipids, proteins, and carbohydrates, nucleic acids constitute one of the four major macromolecules essential for all known forms of life.

God Almighty. Every cell in your body contains RNA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

What does this post even getting at :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭tobeme2020

I will refrain from taking this vaccine and I won't want my kids to take it either unless they
    Are over 18 and are free to choose for themselves.

I'm hearing schools won't allow access for nonvaccinated children, no access to shops, pubs, restaurants or non travel. I this is all hype! Yes for the first few years maybe so but rules will be relaxed the longer it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

tobeme2020 wrote: »
    I will refrain from taking this vaccine and I won't want my kids to take it either unless they

I'm hearing schools won't allow access for nonvaccinated children, no access to shops, pubs, restaurants or non travel. I this is all hype! Yes for the first few years maybe so but rules will be relaxed the longer it gets.

Care to expand on why you or your kids won't take it ??
    With facts please not hearsay

And yes it does indeed look like vaccine certs will be some sort of requirement for certain activities

Care to expand on why you or your kids won't take it, with facts please not hearsay

And yes it does indeed look like vaccine certs will be some sort of requirement for certain activities

I am not here for people to nit pick and pull my posts apart or me to do the same to other! All I can say is I've collected enough information, experienced alot in my time on this earth to know something just doesn't feel right with how all this is getting played out. I have listened to both sides of the argument, read as much information as I possibly can in my spare time and have came to the conclusion that I will not be putting a rushed vaccine in my body or my kids body. I understand life might just get very difficult for us however I will face this as best we can.

I have yet to know anyone younger than 80 who has died from this and even then, there deaths from covid were very suspicious. They where going to die anyway. Me, a group of friends and family all keep in touch with all others. I say there is a network of 200+ of us and everyone of us all are saying the same. We know no one who has died or became very sick with this.

We all understand the world we live in. How sinister it can be! How controlling it can be and understand what we see getting played out before our eyes is capable to do in today's society by rich and wealthy individuals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

Care to expand on why you or your kids won't take it ??
    With facts please not hearsay

They should be made mandatory for all activities full stop. No exceptions allowed other than for genuine medical reasons.

• Advertisement

I am not here for people to nit pick and pull my posts apart or me to do the same to other! All I can say is I've collected enough information, experienced alot in my time on this earth to know something just doesn't feel right with how all this is getting played out. I have listened to both sides of the argument, read as much information as I possibly can in my spare time and have came to the conclusion that I will not be putting a rushed vaccine in my body or my kids body. I understand life might just get very difficult for us however I will face this as best we can.

I have yet to know anyone younger than 80 who has died from this and even then, there deaths from covid were very suspicious. They where going to die anyway. Me, a group of friends and family all keep in touch with all others. I say there is a network of 200+ of us and everyone of us all are saying the same. We know no one who has died or became very sick with this.

We all understand the world we live in. How sinister it can be! How controlling it can be and understand what we see getting played out before our eyes is capable to do in today's society by rich and wealthy individuals.

It was not rushed.

I think these will fizzle out in a few years when profit in businesses will be at the forefront of there mínds. You can even notice it now during this height of all these restrictions. Profit is like a drug! Businesses will bend the rules to gain it and with that, the certs will fizzle out.

It was not rushed.

I don't even know where to start with this. Of course it's been rushed but you just keep believing what your reading.

Again, I'm not here for not picking and pulling posts apart by each other.

I will not be taking it and that's the end of the matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭plodder

Say you got cancer and your doctor told you about some new hi-tech treatment, or if you had haemophilia and were offered that new gene therapy which "functionally cures" the disease (and only reported last week from a trial including a few Irish people), would you take those?

Grand so you've no facts to back up the view point.

Don't know why I even asked to be honest expected this sort of reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

When can we expect to achieve 1 million vaccinated here??
    March/April probably.

It was not rushed.

Ah there's no point. Ask for facts and science and you get hearsay, always ends up back with the oh its rushed argument with no idea how the usual trials process works compared to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Shadow Dancer

They should be made mandatory for all activities full stop. No exceptions allowed other than for genuine medical reasons.

ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ Best laugh today.
    Thanks!

I don't even know where to start with this. Of course it's been rushed but you just keep believing what your reading.

Vaccines were under development since SARS. Could not be completed because there was no virus in circulation to test it on. Phase 3 went quickly not because it was rushed, but because there was so much virus in circulation the endpoints could be reached very quickly. Facts dont play well in the contrarian world though

Grand so you've no facts to back up the view point.

Don't know why I even asked to be honest expected this sort of reply.

Sometimes people don't need facts. They just sence there's something quite not right and have that inner belief what road they are choosing is right. Only time will tell and no amount of Internet talk from others change it. If you believe what your doing is the right thing for you then go for it. Me, I believe what I'm doing is right for me and my family

• Advertisement

Vaccines were under development since SARS. Could not be completed because there was no virus in circulation to test it on. Phase 3 went quickly not because it was rushed, but because there was so much virus in circulation the endpoints could be reached very quickly. Facts dont play well in the contrarian world though

To add to this, usually between phases scientists working on vaccines would have to apply for funding to progress to the next phase, thats not an issue now. They've been given whatever they wanted in terms of funding so that the development and trial process wouldn't be delayed.

Never have so many people also been part of these trials.

You'd be explaining the timelines around and around to some people but nope its all a conspiracy

plodder wrote: »
    Say you got cancer and your doctor told you about some new hi-tech treatment, or if you had haemophilia and were offered that new gene therapy which "functionally cures" the disease (and only reported last week from a trial including a few Irish people), would you take those?

No!

Sometimes people don't need facts. They just sence there's something quite not right and have that inner belief what road they are choosing is right. Only time will tell and no amount of Internet talk from others change it. If you believe what your doing is the right thing for you then go for it. Me, I believe what I'm doing is right for me and my family

Sometimes people don't need facts..... well that just isn't true. To make an informed decsion you need facts not a gut feeling.

Anyway your view is enshrined now and I don't think all the facts in the world could change it. Perhaps read the phase 3 readouts and the submissions to FDA for some light bedtime reading tonight.

Same here. Nobody has been allowed question the narrative on mainstream media. It's like a cult sweeping the land. All the so called experts being rolled out on TV. Most with links to Bill & Melinda. Our rights to bodily integrity are enshrined in the constitution. So thanks, but no thanks!

Same here. Nobody has been allowed question the narrative on mainstream media. It's like a cult sweeping the land. All the so called experts being rolled out on TV. Most with links to Bill & Melinda. Our rights to bodily integrity are enshrined in the constitution. So thanks, but no thanks!

Those who actually educate themselves and read papers, multiple sources and listen to scientific evidence come to a different conclusion.

Bill and Melinda, Mainstream media, bodily integrity, horsesh*it talking points learned on the nutcase conspiracy fringe of the internet. It amazing people will take this drivel as gospel yet wont listen to scientists who actually understand what they are talking about. And then claim to who actually take the effort to educate themselves as being the cultists. Bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭plodder

No!
    Well that is sad (if true). You say you understand the world. I think your problem is you don't understand it, and your way of dealing with that is seeking out other people on the internet who think the same way you do. So, you find these web sites or groups that spread all this disinformation about vaccines and other drugs. It's a shame if it really leads to this level of suspicion about things that could cure a serious illness. Anyway, I'm not going to try and convince you. Whatever about the hypothetical question I just asked you, I don't believe there will be any negative consequences from you not taking the vaccine, unless you work in a hospital. Good luck with your life choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Considering a coronavirus vaccine existed for nearly 20 years already - for use in cattle - I doubt it's starting from a blank canvas.

You can't rush a phase 3 trial

Those who actually educate themselves and read papers, multiple sources and listen to scientific evidence come to a different conclusion.

Bill and Melinda, Mainstream media, bodily integrity, horsesh*it talking points learned on the nutcase conspiracy fringe of the internet. It amazing people will take this drivel as gospel yet wont listen to scientists who actually understand what they are talking about. And then claim to who actually take the effort to educate themselves as being the cultists. Bizarre

Have a cup of tea there fella and chill.
    Don't get so worked up about strangers on the Internet. I'm glad you are so enlightened.
    Here's a an old Japanese quote for you.
    "The frog in the well, does not know of the sea"
    Ciao

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

This is just wrong - children aren't allowed to take the vaccine yet, so they can hardly be excluded from going to school.

I would suggest you ignore hearsay and wait for official announcements if they even happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribosome#:~:text=Ribosomes%20are%20minute%20particles%20consisting,attached%20to%20the%20endoplasmic%20reticulum.

The first line in the article:
    Ribosomes (/ˈraɪbəˌsoʊm, -boʊ-/[1]) are macromolecular machines, found within all living cells, that perform biological protein synthesis (mRNA translation).

What's your concern?

Advertisement