Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you take an approved COVID-19 vaccine?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

brisan wrote: »
    So you dont know the same as me
    Do you accept that there could be restrictions placed on the activities of people who refuse to get vaccinated on non medical grounds

I do - but IMO they will only be in exceptional situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Do you accept that there could be restrictions placed on the activities of people who refuse to get vaccinated on non medical grounds

Of course, anything is possible. I would also expect severe civil disruption if it happened. My personal opinion is that governments will take an approach that seeks to bring people onboard rather than antagonise people.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭allaboutt

You fail to understand why we vaccinate

You fail to learn how to debate. I equally so when i get 1 liners back..

how about some quotes from all the reading you have done about the vaccine.

I have backed up my opinion with quotes from FDA reports. you ?

PhantomHat wrote: »
    Please check the facts.
    There is no evidence the vaccine prevents transmission of the virus nor was this tested in trials. You will have to mask up and social distance until this has been investigated further.

If it prevents you from getting virus/develop antibodies to kill it quickly......deos it not stand to reason,if you havnt the virus,you cant transmit it?

allaboutt wrote: »
    You fail to learn how to debate. I equally so when i get 1 liners back..

how about some quotes from all the reading you have done about the vaccine.

I have backed up my opinion with quotes from FDA reports. you ?

You have not raised a valid point other than “I’m alright Jack”

• Advertisement

To add to this, usually between phases scientists working on vaccines would have to apply for funding to progress to the next phase, thats not an issue now. They've been given whatever they wanted in terms of funding so that the development and trial process wouldn't be delayed.

Never have so many people also been part of these trials.

You'd be explaining the timelines around and around to some people but nope its all a conspiracy

bit unfair there. not everything is a conspiracy.. but anyone that tries to look for answers are put down as conspiracists...

How about this which i heard today as an explanation to not be afraid of whether the Vaccine is safe after 1 year 2 years 3 years or 5 years.

Colleague said all know side affects are known within 2 months based on data from previous Vaccines... :)

How accurate this statement is i honestly have not verified but haev heard it many times over the last few months..

God Almighty. Every cell in your body contains RNA

Are they Synthetic :)

Are they Synthetic :)

They are molecules.

tobeme2020 wrote: »
    I don't even know where to start with this. Of course it's been rushed but you just keep believing what your reading.

Again, I'm not here for not picking and pulling posts apart by each other.

I will not be taking it and that's the end of the matter!

Everyone agrees at this stage that their is no long term data on this mRNA Vaccine and the long term affects are unknown.
    What I have being told so far is based on other Vaccines, usually the side affects turn up within 2 months. I haev not verified this so take it for what it is a random poster on the internet.

Based on the output from the Current Data from Pfizer I am not worried about the side affects of 2 months.
    But based on the data worldwide the risk of me dying at my age from Covid are not even worth considering..Long term Side affects are not either due to i knwo what they are :)
    And also the Vaccine hasnt being proven to stop killing someone else either if you taek it just protects the person who has taken it.

Everyone agrees at this stage that their is no long term data on this mRNA Vaccine and the long term affects are unknown.
    What I have being told so far is based on other Vaccines, usually the side affects turn up within 2 months. I haev not verified this so take it for what it is a random poster on the internet.

Based on the output from the Current Data from Pfizer I am not worried about the side affects of 2 months.
    But based on the data worldwide the risk of me dying at my age from Covid are not even worth considering..Long term Side affects are not either due to i knwo what they are :)
    And also the Vaccine hasnt being proven to stop killing someone else either if you taek it just protects the person who has taken it.

Any examples of a vaccine who’s long term effects were not apparent soon after delivery? It’s two doses of a tiny amount of ingredient design to trigger the bodies normal response to get rid of that substance. And it’s that response that confers immunity not the substance itself.

• Advertisement

aido79 wrote: »
    I presume you're ok with the possibility of passing it on to someone else and them dying as a result of your silly mistake even if you yourself don't die? That's a big thing to live with in my book.

Can you point me in the direction please where it says where the Vaccine has being proven to stop it spreading to other people.. I missed that. thanks

I think the swine flu vaccine had some issues??

A case is still ongoing as regards it

Occurred quickly after vaccination and incidence of narcolepsy occurred at a lower rate than in those who caught swine flu. In that case the vaccine used a protein which was the same as the protein in the virus that could in very rare circumstances trigger narcolepsy. nRNA vaccines are completely different in design

Can you point me in the direction please where it says where the Vaccine has being proven to stop it spreading to other people.. I missed that. thanks

The primary goal of the studies was to demonstrate the impact on disease. The next phase will be transmission. Initial data indicates its 67% plus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Sconsey

If it prevents you from getting virus/develop antibodies to kill it quickly......deos it not stand to reason,if you havnt the virus,you cant transmit it?

None of the vaccines that are currently released or coming up for approval will prevent you from catching the virus, not sure if any ever will. They are designed to prevent the virus from causing disease (Covid19) which makes you sick. You will definitely still be able to 'get the virus', you should be protected from the disease and if we are lucky you will be a lot less likely to spread the virus. But preventing spread is not the primary goal.

In the case of similar vaccines for similar diseases it has been observed that they tend to reduce how contagious people are, so I am hopeful for these doing something similar.

I wonder if you will still be laughing when you are not allowed to go on foreign travel, stay in hotels ,dine in restuurants, attend concerts etc etc if you don`t have a valid vaccination ceetificate.

The auld Vacinattion Cert and RTE peddling it yesterday.... everyone needs to have 1....They say it is not Mandatory but this is what is thrown at anyone that has genuine questions about the Vaccine. Disgraceful fear mongering.. you cant do this unless you ahev your cert. Keep it coming I need the fuel!

Occurred quickly after vaccination and incidence of narcolepsy occurred at a lower rate than in those who caught swine flu. In that case the vaccine used a protein which was the same as the protein in the virus that could in very rare circumstances trigger narcolepsy. nRNA vaccines are completely different in design

I know the differences

But theres no value to be got by dismissing peoples concerns about the vaccine,when there is presently a case ongoing about the swine flu vaccine

The concerns are valid,not high enough to put me off

,but the feeling that its all a bit rushed isnt helped by the impression the EU moved approval forward on same week it become obvious germany hospiteals are on brink of collaspe

The vaccine is only way out of this mess,and id implore all to take it,and i feel anyone working indoors with others shouldnt be allowed next winter unless vaccinated....

Its time to put on big boy pants,and everyone take it,older generations literally had to fight world wars through comscription,we've had to stay at home,let science solve the issue,now its time to come out of shadows and take the risk to protect everyone else

The auld Vacinattion Cert and RTE peddling it yesterday.... everyone needs to have 1....They say it is not Mandatory but this is what is thrown at anyone that has genuine questions about the Vaccine. Disgraceful fear mongering.. you cant do this unless you ahev your cert. Keep it coming I need the fuel!

Is it ignorance or the deliberate dissemination of misinformation that motivates these posts?

I know the differences

But theres no value to be got by dismissing peoples concerns about the vaccine,when there is presently a case ongoing about the swine flu vaccine

The concerns are valid,not high enough to put me off

,but the feeling that its all a bit rushed isnt helped by the impression the EU moved approval forward on same week it become obvious germany hospiteals are on brink of collaspe

The vaccine is only way out of this mess,and id implore all to take it,but i feel anyone working indoors with others shouldnt be allowed next winter unless vaccinated

It’s not rushed. They are 12 years plus in development and the outcomes have been accelerated through the unlimited funds available to conduct studies and the large amount of virus in circulation which results in trial endpoints being reached quickly.

Big jump it hasnt being proven yet. The science says we actually dont know yet if it will prevent asymptomatic transmission.This has documented many places so those tryign to put the fear of god into you about how you will kill someone if you dont get vaccinated. Science doesnt back that up.. We dont know yet

It’s not rushed. They are 12 years plus in development and the outcomes have been accelerated through the unlimited funds available to conduct studies and the large amount of virus in circulation which results in trial endpoints being reached quickly.

They were saying trials would normally take 12 to 18 months, coronavirus was first identified one year ago tomorrow in wuhan

Its been an unreal achievement by science,and a credit to all involved,but yous are being deceptive claiming it the same as previous vaccines in development

Ive no doubt the results are 100% accurate and likely the most scrutinised ever,

The fact this vaccine is literally safer than the flu jab and will likely same technology replace flu jabs going forward is enough for me

• Advertisement

They will try. But there is a long way to go from a Vaccine Trials point of view to prove that this mRNA Vaccine has no long term side affects..

Who is going to enforce these restrictions. ?
    Sorry sir you cannot come in here without your Vaccination cert.
    I didnt realsie Klaus and WEF had joined us in the debate here.

The WEF are peddling this Vaccination Certs nonsense for a coupe of years now and then you have the same people saying the WEF are conspiracy theorists...Makes me laugh :)
    oh wait its not a conspiracy theorist now as RTE are peddling it. give me a break ..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Sconsey wrote: »
    None of the vaccines that are currently released or coming up for approval will prevent you from catching the virus, not sure if any ever will.

Do you have access to some research that we don't? As far as I am aware there is no published research that allows any strong statements on whether they do stop you catching the virus or not. In particular there no strong evidence on the extent to which people are infectious.

If people do not wish to get it then they need not. But if they chose not to then they should not expect to allowed circulate in buses, aeroplanes, theatres and the like where they may endanger others. If you chose not to wear clothes then you will not be allowed in the Abbey Theatre, even for Hair.

They were saying trials would normally take 12 to 18 months, coronavirus was first identified one year ago tomorrow in wuhan

Its been an unreal achievement by science,and a credit to all involved,but yous are being deceptive claiming it the same as previous vaccines in development

Ive no doubt the results are 100% accurate and likely the most scrutinised ever,

The fact this vaccine is literally safer than the flu jab and will likely same technology replace flu jabs going forward is enough for me

The initial work was done for SARS and MER. Because of low incidence of the viruses it could never be tested however. Once unlimited funds and opportunity to test became available it accelerated massively. It was just a matter of encoding the mRNA for a different virus. Not to belittle the achievements. Moderna and BioNtech scientists are getting Nobel prizes and this technology represents a massive leap forward in ability to treat disease, not just viruses. The names involved will be up there with Fleming, Curie, Barnard et al in advancing medical science

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

The initial work was done for SARS and MER. Because of low incidence of the viruses it could never be tested however. Once unlimited funds and opportunity to test became available it accelerated massively. It was just a matter of encoding the mRNA for a different virus. Not to belittle the achievements. Moderna and BioNtech scientists are getting Nobel prizes and this technology represents a massive leap forward in ability to treat disease, not just viruses. The names involved will be up there with Fleming, Curie, Barnard et al in advancing medical science

Great post.

Also I still wanna know what that poster thought the R stood for in mRNA :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Do you have access to some research that we don't? As far as I am aware there is no published research that allows any strong statements on whether they do stop you catching the virus or not. In particular there no strong evidence on the extent to which people are infectious.

Have a read of how any of the vaccines work, they are all designed to attack the virus after it is in your system. None of them prevent you from actually catching the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭plodder

Sconsey wrote: »
    Have a read of how any of the vaccines work, they are all designed to attack the virus after it is in your system. None of them prevent you from actually catching the virus.
    There is data from Moderna (I mistakenly said it was Pfizer before) that shows a 67% reduction in virus transmission after the first dose of the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PhantomHat

No trials on people with underlying health conditions or anyone on medication?? The very people they want to give it to first. Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

No trials on people with underlying health conditions or anyone on medication?? The very people they want to give it to first. Is that correct?
    The first people to be vaccinated will be older people in nursing homes and medical staff. Both were included in the trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Doc07

That’s absolutely very far from correct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Covid vaccine will be annual event. This one is free but in future you will be paying for it.

Only wealthy countries can afford to buy vaccines for their citizens. Virus will continue to spread in poor countries and then naturally keep reappearing in small pockets globally for the foreseeable future.

Johnson and Johnson vaccine will be available in March. It will be single dose and wont require special temperature storage. J&J will win the vaccine wars

Advertisement