Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you take an approved COVID-19 vaccine?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭JP100

tom1ie wrote: »
    can you link to where it says pregnant women can get the vaccine? My understanding is they cant.

under 16s cant get the vaccine regardless of strain, they make up 25% of the pop.

it may be pessimistic, but them's the facts!

You're wrong and 'your understanding' of things does not constitute as fact either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

what have i said that is wrong?

what have i said that is wrong?

You're blindly stating that pregnant women can't get the vaccine when they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭plodder

can you link to where it says pregnant women can get the vaccine? My understanding is they cant.
    Between 14 weeks and 33 weeks it is recommended upon consultation with a pregnant woman's doctor "where it is decided that the risk/benefit is favourable"

https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/hcpinfo/covid19vaccineinfo4hps/clinicalguidance.pdf
    under 16s cant get the vaccine regardless of strain, they make up 25% of the pop.

it may be pessimistic, but them's the facts!
    Though, as others saying they will qualify to get it eventually. My point is we don't have to worry about under 16's getting the bug (generally).

JP100 wrote: »
    You're blindly stating that pregnant women can't get the vaccine when they can.

from the document:

There is limited experience with use of Comirnaty® in pregnant women. Animal studies do not indicate direct or
    indirect harmful effects with respect to pregnancy, embryo/foetal development, parturition or post‐natal
    development.
    Although the available safety data do not indicate any safety concern or harm to pregnancy, there is insufficient
    evidence to recommend routine use of COVID‐19 vaccines during pregnancy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Manc_Red

Looking forward to getting the vaccine.

Anyone have an educated opinion on when a 40 year old with no underlying issues would be done?

plodder wrote: »
    Between 14 weeks and 33 weeks it is recommended upon consultation with a pregnant woman's doctor "where it is decided that the risk/benefit is favourable"

https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/hcpinfo/covid19vaccineinfo4hps/clinicalguidance.pdf

Though, as others saying they will qualify to get it eventually. My point is we don't have to worry about under 16's getting the bug (generally).

from the document:

There is limited experience with use of Comirnaty® in pregnant women. Animal studies do not indicate direct or
    indirect harmful effects with respect to pregnancy, embryo/foetal development, parturition or post‐natal
    development.
    Although the available safety data do not indicate any safety concern or harm to pregnancy, there is insufficient

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Thomasirl123

If there are numerous approved vaccines, will we get a choice of which we take? Like the one dose J&J might suit a lot people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭plodder

from the document:

development.
    tom1ie is online now Report Post
    You said they couldn't get it, but they can. The actual guidance in it is:
    Comirnaty® is:
    - recommended for pregnant women (as per their priority group) between 14 and 33 weeks gestation provided they have confirmed that they have consulted their obstetric caregiver (obstetrician or GP) and decided to have the vaccine

- not recommended for pregnant women at less than 14 weeks gestation.

- not recommended for pregnant women at more than 33 weeks gestation
    A previous version of the document required a letter from the doctor, but even that is no longer required.

from the document:

development.

Under the right conditions and in consultation with their health care provider, a pregnant woman may indeed get the vaccine. You said outright in this hread that pregnant women can't get the vaccine which is completely untrue. Pease stop peddling untruths in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Manc_Red wrote: »

Anyone have an educated opinion on when a 40 year old with no underlying issues would be done?
    Probably about mid summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,974 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

From the document above, you would be second last in the 18-54 group, and even within that group 18-34 would be given priority. So basically you'll struggle to get the vaccine for a while yet. You're just ahead of children and pregnant women.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

Looking forward to getting it...the improved 5G reception will be a bonus! :)

is_that_so wrote: »

Do you think all other categories are going to be vaccinated before then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

herd immunity occurs at 70%.
    When you factor in global travel, that 70% of the global population need to be vaccinated to get rid of this virus.
    in Ireland approx 40% may not/ wont be able to take it due to current rules.
    Thats only 60% vaccinated.

60% vaccinated + 10% natural immunity will still push us over the top, but it is a gray line not black and white.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

No.

JP100 wrote: »
    Under the right conditions and in consultation with their health care provider, a pregnant woman may indeed get the vaccine. You said outright in this hread that pregnant women can't get the vaccine which is completely untrue. Pease stop peddling untruths in this thread.

I said my understanding was.............. I am not peddling untuths!

schmoo2k wrote: »
    60% vaccinated + 10% natural immunity will still push us over the top, but it is a gray line not black and white.

hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

• Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭josip

Considering these potential rates posted in another thread

eoinbn wrote: »
    AstraZeneca - 90k per week.
    BioNtech - 100k+ per week from March. 150k+ from April.
    J&J - 60k. Hopefully available in March/April timeframe. (If that is a single dose then it is effectively 120k of the other vaccines)
    Curevac - 40k from April.

That is 1.36m per month. If all goes well with AZ/J&J/Curevac then it might be more doses than we can administer. As BioNtech is the most demanding we could end up using less of that.

and comparing them to the SBP projection done by Rachel Lavin a week ago based on estimates of 250k/500k per month before and after April

annAlrG.png

I would expect/hope for a 40 year old to be getting the first dose in July.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Do you think all other categories are going to be vaccinated before then?
    Based on the numbers in each group they should be if we follow the plan. Group 3 may start towards the end of next month Groups 3-6 April/May finish, 3+5 together come to about 700K. The next big population group down is 12 and at about 1.3m or so. If we're going to 200K+ shots a week that's June/July. Of course what they decide to do with the 18-34s will affect all of that from the under 65s down so contingent on that IMO.

Based on the numbers in each group they should be if we follow the plan. Group 3 may start towards the end of next month Groups 3-6 April/May finish, 3+5 together come to about 700K. The next big population group down is 12 and at about 1.3m or so. If we're going to 200K+ shots a week that's June/July. Of course what they decide to do with the 18-34s will affect all of that from the under 65s down so contingent on that IMO.

Are your figures allowing for people who refuse to take it because based on the vote here alone approximately one third don't want the vaccine yet (or at all) so does that mean your figures could be out by that amount?

Now questioning your figures by the way, just curious as to your workings.

200k shots a week to 60% of the population (including kids) is only 15 weeks

Quazzie wrote: »
    Are your figures allowing for people who refuse to take it because based on the vote here alone approximately one third don't want the vaccine yet (or at all) so does that mean your figures could be out by that amount?

Now questioning your figures by the way, just curious as to your workings.

200k shots a week to 60% of the population (including kids) is only 15 weeks

I'm just going on group sizes like the graphic above. The only really big numbers in groups 1-12 are the over 65s and 55-64 age group so I'm guessing how long they'll take. The aim does seem to get anyone who wants a shot done by summer's end. I don't think anyone can guess at who won't take it by the time comes. All we can do is is get to that 70%+ and let others decide for themselves.

I don't think we'll be able to hit high levels till April anyway and will need those kinds of numbers to stay on target. Group 12 would take 5 weeks and more, at those numbers, for each shot, assuming 60% coverage.

Ultimately though it's all guesswork on my part!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,506 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

emy wrote: »
    You got the point, so, you are aware that the number is inflated by government, to infiltrate fear among those who oppose vaccination. It is a fake number. Over 5000 infected daily, I expect the ambulance picking up infected people from their homes, but no, it is a calm situation, quiet and people behaving normal, emergency hospitals are empty, at least one i saw, only media does , bla, bla, bla....

If I am told to be vaccinated, I will donate it to the most vulnerable, I will sacrifice my life for them. That makes me a true patriot.
    Cut the conspiracy theory stuff or I will remove your posting privileges

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

My simple equation is this: If vaccination gives me priority access to concerts, football matches, flights and exotic locations ill take them all, if it doesn't then I'll wait til I catch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

https://www.facebook.com/shawn.skelton.73

Will we have a choice of vaccine when our V Day comes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

https://www.facebook.com/shawn.skelton.73

Came across this yesterday. Shocking.

Will we have a choice of vaccine when our V Day comes?
    Be careful. Discenting voices are being censored and ridiculed.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭VonLuck

el diablo wrote: »
    Be careful. Discenting voices are being censored and ridiculed.

Because it's unsubstantiated. You can't just believe everything you read (or see) online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

VonLuck wrote: »
    Because it's unsubstantiated. You can't just believe everything you read (or see) online.

Not to mention that poster then in further posts is talking about needing 1400 dollars for a cleanse but can't afford it. Don't for one second think this isn't a plan to get*stupid* gullible people to donate. A post goes viral lots of eyes on the page and suddenly they need money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I said my understanding was.............. I am not peddling untuths!

Maybe keep your understandings to yourself?

Advertisement