Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you take an approved COVID-19 vaccine?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭I regurgitate the news

astrofool wrote: »
    This thread is about would you take a vaccine, there is other threads for masks and restrictions (and death rates). You can be suitably debunked elsewhere.

Your initial posts were about vaccines causing death and blindness, that was a lie and debunked already, and was at least on topic (even if the content was a lie).

You have given no information about why you would wait a year to take a vaccine, you also haven't indicated if you're OK to be restricted from activities while you hold out against taking a vaccine.

edit:
    I would take exception to this as your own posts have been littered with bad grammar, wrong spelling and incorrect contractions, while you highlight someone else's typo:

(and it's actually hospitalisation in UK and Ireland)

Understood.....I won't talk about the stuff you can't answer. The list is quite long and you're unwilling to engage in discussions regarding scientists whose names you don't know or reports you are unaware of.

You cannot say blindness was or was not caused by the vaccine from the UK government data. So I can just as easily debunk you

It was either coincidences or it was related to the vaccine. Neither can be proved. I don't know but you have made your mind up it was coincidence.

The reason (which I have given) why I am waiting a year is because these vaccines were developed quite fast and I (having provided proof via the payouts by the US government in relation to other vaccines), have shown some vaccines cause side effects and deaths I would prefer others more willing brave people like yourself take the jab now. I'll see how it is in a year and then I will make my mind up.

A 39 year old medical doctor, Dr. Keshav Raman Sharma suddenly died after receiving the vaccine in Wexford. This was also a coincidence. There can be no doubt about it.

I'm sure it is another coincidence that on Jan 10 Gibraltar had 16 deaths ....Vaccinations started on January 10. They now have had 87 Covid deaths......Purely coincidence.

You know, you've changed my mind. It really is all just coincidence

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭notabogsnotion

Haven't been invited for it yet, but I do react badly to the annual flu vaccine. I know that I probably should take it, but I'm loathe to suffer for the sake of nothing guaranteed in terms of immunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You know, you've changed my mind. It really is all just coincidence

Without giving you too much air (and there's no point jumping into every other conspiracy in this thread when there is already others available for that, where everyone will happily debunk you as comprehensively as your vaccine related posts have been debunked here).

There are 0 cases of vaccine related death related to COVID-19 vaccines.

There are 0 cases of vaccine related blindness (how even?!?, actually don't the crazy meter has already ran out today) related to COVID-19 vaccines.

What you initially posted is a lie. The data you posted is misrepresented and clearly not understood by how you're using it.

And you finish off by posting more conspiracy nonsense.

What does this even mean? Are you implying that the vaccines cause COVID? Why did they make the data public, who is on it, what is their gain, is big pharma taking over your mind space and forcing you to post nonsense, is it taking over my mind space and forcing me to write replies debunking nonsense. Which evil man has taken over all the governments to act the same way, and what's causing high death counts in those countries that didn't lockdown effectively.
    "Jan 10 Gibraltar had 16 deaths ....Vaccinations started on January 10. They now have had 87 Covid deaths"

Again don't, it's too far down the rabbit hole already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭I regurgitate the news

Without giving you too much air (and there's no point jumping into every other conspiracy in this thread when there is already others available for that, where everyone will happily debunk you as comprehensively as your vaccine related posts have been debunked here).

There are 0 cases of vaccine related blindness (how even?!?, actually don't the crazy meter has already ran out today) related to COVID-19 vaccines.

What you initially posted is a lie. The data you posted is misrepresented and clearly not understood by how you're using it.

And you finish off by posting more conspiracy nonsense.

What does this even mean? Are you implying that the vaccines cause COVID? Why did they make the data public, who is on it, what is their gain, is big pharma taking over your mind space and forcing you to post nonsense, is it taking over my mind space and forcing me to write replies debunking nonsense. Which evil man has taken over all the governments to act the same way, and what's causing high death counts in those countries that didn't lockdown effectively.
    "Jan 10 Gibraltar had 16 deaths ....Vaccinations started on January 10. They now have had 87 Covid deaths"

Again don't, it's too far down the rabbit hole already.

I know, I already told you. Through your confronting and persuasive methods I have changed my mind.

It has to be coincidences. You know what? I think I will get the vaccine here now ASAP.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

I regurgitate the news, don't post in this thread again seeing as you cannot follow a simple instruction to get back on topic

• Advertisement

You have to admit though..a person dies in hospital from a car crash having tested positive 28 days previously and negative 14 days later. However the death is from covid..and yet a healthy person gets the vacine and dies 3 days later and they can categorically say it was not from it..a loaded deck comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

rusty cole wrote: »
    You have to admit though..a person dies in hospital from a car crash having tested positive 28 days previously and negative 14 days later. However the death is from covid..and yet a healthy person gets the vacine and dies 3 days later and they can categorically say it was not from it..a loaded deck comes to mind.

Not this ****e again. Covid isnt put down if you get mangled by a car. Educate yourself FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

schmoo2k wrote: »
    A simple comparison with our nearest neighbor, clearly shows how different lockdown timing and measures had different effects on the number of Covid deaths.

Its also worth noting that our worst wave of deaths only started in Jan 2021 and has yet to subside.

Whys that I wonder ? Health Minister Stephen Donnelly has said a Covid-19 vaccine will likely be rolled out in early January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Quantum Baloney

That's a bit farfetched, or at least a serious leap of faith on your part.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Thats absolute drivel. In that case covid would not be recorded as the cause of death.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

That's a bit farfetched, or at least a serious leap of faith on your part.

Its not farfetched at all

https://m.dw.com/en/fact-check-are-covid-19-vaccines-causing-deaths/a-56458746

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭plodder

..and yet a healthy person gets the vacine and dies 3 days later and they can categorically say it was not from it..a loaded deck comes to mind.
    Surely, you can imagine a situation where 70-80% of the adult population have got the vaccine. People aren't going to stop dying from heart attacks and even occasionally it will happen soon after they got the vaccine. This is a real perception problem for this campaign. You can't blame people for thinking this way when it does happen (as predicted two months ago), but that doesn't excuse wilful misinterpretation of statistics that are compiled in good faith to make sure there is no problem with side-effects.

Getting my first injection tomorrow

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Doc07

Necro wrote: »
    Mod:

I regurgitate the news, don't post in this thread again seeing as you cannot follow a simple instruction to get back on topic

Is there any chance the poster can be allowed back in and given a chance to delete the disgusting insinuation made about a wonderful Irish Doctor who tragically died recently which was absolutely nothing to do with any vaccine. I don’t mean to censor anyone but perhaps the post could be deleted, no reason his family and friends need to read that absolute bullish!t.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Doc07 wrote: »
    Is there any chance the poster can be allowed back in and given a chance to delete the disgusting insinuation made about a wonderful Irish Doctor who tragically died recently which was absolutely nothing to do with any vaccine. I don’t mean to censor anyone but perhaps the post could be deleted, no reason his family and friends need to read that absolute bullish!t.

Please report the post and we will take a look. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Getting my first injection tomorrow

Registered, and waiting for the email.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭johnmck

Not this ****e again. Covid isnt put down if you get mangled by a car. Educate yourself FFS.

My father was put down as covid death and he didn't die of covid. State coronor had to overrule the doctors decision because the nursing home got involved. So now you go educate yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Currently 13 hours post the AZ vaccine dose 1. Fever & chills since 9pm. Nausea and pain in joint too. Hoping it’s gone by morning! Can’t sleep due to the shivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Musefan wrote: »
    Currently 13 hours post the AZ vaccine dose 1. Fever & chills since 9pm. Nausea and pain in joint too. Hoping it’s gone by morning! Can’t sleep due to the shivers.

I felt a bit crap as well for around 36hours afterwards- similar to the feeling of a heavy hangover- nausea, tiredness and muscle/ joint pain; even my fingers ached.
    I just took paracetamol every couple of hours and took it easy on the couch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

I felt a bit crap as well for around 36hours afterwards- similar to the feeling of a heavy hangover- nausea, tiredness and muscle/ joint pain; even my fingers ached.
    I just took paracetamol every couple of hours and took it easy on the couch

Most people who catch covid have less problems than those you described. Others no symptoms at all.

Of course others and especially older people catching covid it can be fatal or have long term consequences.

Let's all just hope that a few years down the line there are no after effects of the vaccine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Most people who catch covid have less problems than those you described. Others no symptoms at all.

Of course others and especially older people catching covid it can be fatal or have long term consequences.

Let's all just hope that a few years down the line there are no after effects of the vaccine.

The likelihood is that those who have small adverse effects to the vaccine, will have large adverse effects to the virus itself (which also means large adverse effects to a lot of the idiot anti-vaxxers when SARS-COV2 becomes endemic).

I've never reacted to any vaccines I've taken, but have family members who do, I don't expect any reaction to the COVID-19 vaccines, will be interesting to see.

ExMachina1000, are you planning to take an approved COVID-19 vaccine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

ExMachina1000, are you planning to take an approved COVID-19 vaccine?

I don't know if I'm honest. I'm that far down the list and have been out and about working (essential services : food) since day 1 that I haven't put a huge amount of thought into it. Strange as that may seem.

Although I have heard that people who work in certain industries might be ahead of where I would have been (by age) so it might come around quicker than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Aside for a vanishingly tiny cohort of outliers, the only lingering effect of any approved and tested vaccination programme tends to be extended lifespan.

Had the Astra Zeneca first jab last week

Lots of side affects - tired, sore arm, shivery, headaches, rash - But I am generally ok now

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Musefan wrote: »

Yeah normal. I was very sick for 3 days. I hear it's rougher than the pfizer one.

I had what could only be described as "flu symptoms" for 3 days after. Absolute banging headache, frozen solid but sweating and aches and pains all over particularly in my back which was very very bad for close to a week but everything else was grand after 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Yeah normal. I was very sick for 3 days. I hear it's rougher than the pfizer one.

I had what could only be described as "flu symptoms" for 3 days after. Absolute banging headache, frozen solid but sweating and aches and pains all over particularly in my back which was very very bad for close to a week but everything else was grand after 3 days.

It's pretty standard, your body is 'fighting' the virus so producing antibodies to fight, your body doesnt get that the virus is 'dead' or no threat.

My mother received first does today, hopefully father can get one soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Does anyone know what would happen if you were in line for the Astrazeneca vaccine, but refused it because you wanted the Pfizer or Moderna one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭richardkeiths

No

but you love cocaine loll

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Does anyone know what would happen if you were in line for the Astrazeneca vaccine, but refused it because you wanted the Pfizer or Moderna one?

You'd move to the back of the queue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You'll go back home without a vaccine in your arm, will have to wait longer before they call you back in, might just get called back in for the same thing again as they aren't going to be recording that you refused a particular brand as they have other things to worry about.

And worst of all the volunteers at the vaccination centre will call you names and laugh about you once you've left.

Advertisement