Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Services Card status?

Options
  • 24-11-2020 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

What's the current situation with the PSC? I need to get my PRSI record but don't have a card.

I know the Information Commissioner (?) cast doubts about its legality but it seems to be still very much in operation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Partner got one recently to skip the giant waiting list for driving licence renewal, think it was 3 weeks from applying to having it in hand. This was in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ceoltoir

Yes, Covid seems to have slowed everything down. I suppose there's no way of getting around applying for a card if you need the services.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭hawthorne

ceoltoir wrote: »
    What's the current situation with the PSC? I need to get my PRSI record but don't have a card.

I know the Information Commissioner (?) cast doubts about its legality but it seems to be still very much in operation.

You don't need the card for your PRSI record.
    You can get it in writing from:

PRSI Records

Department of Social Protection
    McCarter's Road
    Ardaravan
    Buncrana
    Donegal
    Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

Available online through Mygov.

https://www.mygovid.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

My mother got her new one delivered but there's no chip on it like the last one. Is this normal?

Tried it on the bus but won't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

My mother got her new one delivered but there's no chip on it like the last one. Is this normal?

Tried it on the bus but won't work.

There's no chip but I would have thought it be read through the magnetic stripe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

There's a chip on her last one but not this one. Other than that they're identical.

Advertisement