Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir want the Apple TV back!

• 24-11-2020 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

Had Eir with TV for a year, came with Apple TV, was supposed to get a free echo dot too but it never turned up.

the contract finally came to an end and moved provider.

Now Eir has sent me the usual demand for the Broadband Router, but they have also asked for the Apple TV back too!

I always considered this was mine to keep as part of the deal, I can't find anything about myself renting the equipment.

They want 100 euro for the unit if not returned in 30 days.

Does anyone know if this is correct, I was only renting the equipment?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Fairly standard, Virgin would do the same. Sky were the only ones that I can think of that sold you the box.

7. EIR EQUIPMENT
    7.1 eir will provide you with the eir Equipment so that you can receive the Service.
    You agree that all eir Equipment supplied by eir to you shall at all times be and
    remain as between eir and you the exclusive property of eir.

7.2 Eir shall endeavour to deliver the Equipment within three (3) working days
    however delays may occur. All orders are subject to availability, eir is not liable to
    you for any delay in making deliveries.
    7.3 You shall keep, maintain and insure the eir Equipment in good condition and in
    accordance with the eir’s instructions as notified in writing to you from time to
    time and you shall not dispose or use the eir Equipment other than in accordance
    with eir’s written instructions or authorisation.
    7.4 You must not use the eir Equipment for any other purpose and must
    comply with all manufacturers’ instructions and any reasonable instructions
    that eir may give you regarding the use of the eir Equipment.
    7.5 In order for you to receive the Service you must ensure that the Equipment is
    always connected to your eir Fibre broadband service. The Set Top Box is
    configured to be used on WiFi but for optimum user experience, eir recommends
    that the Set Top Box is wired using your Ethernet cable connection. The Service
    does not support scart connections. To avail of the Service, the Customer’s
    television must have an HDMI port. HDMI cable will be provided with the Set
    Top Box.
    7.6 You shall be liable to eir for any loss of or damage to the eir Equipment, except
    where the loss or damage is due to fair wear and tear or is caused by eir or any
    person acting on eir’s behalf.
    7.7 Upon expiry, termination or cancellation of this Agreement you shall within
    fourteen (14) days return the eir Equipment to us. In the event you do not return
    the eir Equipment to us we reserve the right to charge you an
    unrecoverable equipment charge for S e t T o p B o x and for Multiroom
    Service Set Top Box and Home Plugs as provided in the Price List.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It sounds reasonable that they want it back. The echo was a gift whereas Apple TV is part of the subscription package, like a modem or a Vodafone TV box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

It’s there’s.. but if I were you I would tell them that it has been sent back ;) with COVID anything like that is disputed and not questioned unless they have changed in the last few weeks that’s from a relative who has the misfortune of working for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I would assume they'd get apple to blacklist the device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

TheDriver wrote: »
    I would assume they'd get apple to blacklist the device.

It won’t be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭KildareP

shanec1928 wrote: »
    It won’t be.
    True but they will pass the €100 non return fee onto collections, if you don't pay, collections being one of the areas that Eir (ironically) are pretty good at.

To be honest, €100 for an Apple TV 4K 32GB is pretty good given they retail new at €200 (pre-VAT cut)!

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭redunited

TheDriver wrote: »
    It sounds reasonable that they want it back. The echo was a gift whereas Apple TV is part of the subscription package, like a modem or a Vodafone TV box.

I wouldn't mind but Eir being Eir didn't even send me the Echo, when I questioned it they didn't have a clue what I was on about.

In fact, they didn't even recognize the Black Friday deal I signed up for, I had to get a discount at the end added to my account for 6 months, then call them again for the discount for the other 6 months.

Add to that I couldn't even use the Eir TV package because I use a DNS on my broadband service and this interferes with the Eir TV connection.

I'm glad to be rid of them, I only wondered about the Apple TV as the advertising appears to say Free Apple TV giving me the idea it was free to keep.

Oh well, Small print I guess, and my stupidity for giving Eir a chance.

Advertisement