If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV for parents

Options
  • 24-11-2020 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi,
    Bought 3 LG tvs off you during Black Friday 2 years ago and back for more on behalf of my parents. They wouldn't be mad tech savvy but my mother has announced she wants to get "the Netflix" so I'm looking for a smart tv alright. Probably a 43 inch, maybe slightly larger, but not too big. Probably not at the bottom end - maybe towards the middle? 

Was wondering what you might recommend - and it can't be Samsung as my Aunt had a Samsung that apparently "blew up" three weeks after it was out of warranty - and yes your guess is as good as mine in terms of what that means!
    Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

legend99 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Bought 3 LG tvs off you during Black Friday 2 years ago and back for more on behalf of my parents. They wouldn't be mad tech savvy but my mother has announced she wants to get "the Netflix" so I'm looking for a smart tv alright. Probably a 43 inch, maybe slightly larger, but not too big. Probably not at the bottom end - maybe towards the middle? 

Was wondering what you might recommend - and it can't be Samsung as my Aunt had a Samsung that apparently "blew up" three weeks after it was out of warranty - and yes your guess is as good as mine in terms of what that means!
    Thanks
    Hi Legend99.

Thanks for the post and for coming back to us.

You could check out the LG 43UN71006 priced at £319
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-205029-lg-43un71006lb-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-freesat-hd.aspx

This has Netflix app pre installed and is a very popular set :)

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Legend99.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-205029-lg-43un71006lb-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-freesat-hd.aspx

Great - I'll get onto them. Out of interest, I assume that doesn't have the magic control (2 of the 3 I got from you have it and I do find them handy). Assuming it doesn't have it, what 43 inch LG would have it?
    Thanks again

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Legend99.

Great - I'll get onto them. Out of interest, I assume that doesn't have the magic control (2 of the 3 I got from you have it and I do find them handy). Assuming it doesn't have it, what 43 inch LG would have it?
    Thanks again
    Hey Legend99.

The 71006 doesn't have the magic remote. 
    It starts at the 73006 which is out of stock.

There is more stock of the 73006 on its way but it would say it will move very quickly as we already have several orders on them already.

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Legend99.

Thanks again
    Hey Legend99.

There is more stock of the 73006 on its way but it would say it will move very quickly as we already have several orders on them already.

Do you know when they are due in? And I guess how much for either the 71006 or 73006 (43 inch) delivered to Cork?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Legend99.

Thanks again
    Hey Legend99.

Do you know when they are due in? And I guess how much for either the 71006 or 73006 (43 inch) delivered to Cork?

Thanks
    Hi Legend99.

We don't have an ETA a of yet on the 43UN73006 coming back into stock.

The 43UN71006 is listed above at £319 and delivery would be £6.99

Any questions please let me know.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Legend99.

Thanks again
    Hey Legend99.

Thanks
    Hi Legend99.

Whoops. I was going to drop over to them this morning - but I notice link to the 71006 doesn't return anything. Does that mean it's not available anymore?
    Tks

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Legend99.

Thanks again
    Hey Legend99.

Thanks
    Hi Legend99.

Whoops. I was going to drop over to them this morning - but I notice link to the 71006 doesn't return anything. Does that mean it's not available anymore?
    Tks
    Hey Legend99.

We had an exceptional day yesterday which has continued over today.

Unfortunately though stock levels have taken a massive dent and we have had to removed some for order due to no stock.

It seems that all the 43" LG have now went out of stock.
    We will get more in but our purchasing team will have to check if they can get an ETA.

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Legend99.

Thanks again
    Hey Legend99.

Thanks
    Hi Legend99.

Tks
    Hey Legend99.

Unfortunately though stock levels have taken a massive dent and we have had to removed some for order due to no stock.

We will get more in but our purchasing team will have to check if they can get an ETA.
    I'll be murdered. What would be an alternative 43 inch? Or actually, do you think you'll get the LG back in and they could buy it now? There's no huge rush on delivery.

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Legend99.

Thanks again
    Hey Legend99.

Thanks
    Hi Legend99.

Tks
    Hey Legend99.

I'll be murdered. What would be an alternative 43 inch?
    Hey Legend99.

At the minute the only 43" showing as in stock is the Hisense 43AE7400 priced at £329
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204810-hisense-43ae7400ftuk-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

We will no better on Monday were we stnad with stock allocation on the other 43" brands the smoke settles on Black Friday.

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Legend99.

Thanks again
    Hey Legend99.

Thanks
    Hi Legend99.

Tks
    Hey Legend99.

I'll be murdered. What would be an alternative 43 inch?
    Hey Legend99.

At the minute the only 43" showing as in stock is the Hisense 43AE7400 priced at £329
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204810-hisense-43ae7400ftuk-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

We will no better on Monday were we stnad with stock allocation on the other 43" brands the smoke settles on Black Friday.
    Is it possible to buy the LG 43 inch today and assume you'll have it for delivery at some stage? If I wait til tomorrow the sale prices will be gone right?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Legend,

we have been knocked sideways the last few daze :confused:;) - so we have decided to switch off lots of products until we process orders so we try to minimise any overselling of products.

We don't plan on increasing may prices tomorrow and we will be reviewing stock available tomorrow and we will be able to start gradually switching the 'Buy-Now' Buttons back on across the site - keep your eye out and if your product is not updated by Tuesday morning by all means pop us a most or a mail to sales@richersounds.ie and we will get back to you asap,

ATVB,

john Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Legend,

we have been knocked sideways the last few daze :confused:;) - so we have decided to switch off lots of products until we process orders so we try to minimise any overselling of products.

We don't plan on increasing may prices tomorrow and we will be reviewing stock available tomorrow and we will be able to start gradually switching the 'Buy-Now' Buttons back on across the site - keep your eye out and if your product is not updated by Tuesday morning by all means pop us a most or a mail to sales@richersounds.ie and we will get back to you asap,

ATVB,

john Mc & Crew 
    John,
    I pulled the trigger on the Hisense 43 inch. If I see the LG coming back online, I could ring and maybe if the Hisense hadn't been dispatched yet we might be able to switch. Good to hear how busy you were though. 
    By the way - would you see much of a difference between the LG71006/73006 and the Hisense AE7400?

Thanks!

Hi Legend,

ATVB,

john Mc & Crew 
    John,
    I pulled the trigger on the Hisense 43 inch. If I see the LG coming back online, I could ring and maybe if the Hisense hadn't been dispatched yet we might be able to switch. Good to hear how busy you were though. 
    By the way - would you see much of a difference between the LG71006/73006 and the Hisense AE7400?

Thanks!
     Hi Legend99.

None of the 43" LG have went back onto our website as they are still out of stock.

There is still no ETA on these arriving back into stock.

We can put a hold on the Hisense for you if you wish but we do not know at the moment when we will be able to supply more of the LG sets.

Our purchasing team are chasing this directly with LG. 

Hi Legend,

ATVB,

john Mc & Crew 
    John,

Thanks!
     Hi Legend99.

None of the 43" LG have went back onto our website as they are still out of stock.

We can put a hold on the Hisense for you if you wish but we do not know at the moment when we will be able to supply more of the LG sets.

Hi Kenny,

I'll be guided by you. I bought the Hisense for them last night. Do you think it's worth waiting?
    Thanks!

Hi Legend,

ATVB,

john Mc & Crew 
    John,

Thanks!
     Hi Legend99.

Hi Kenny,

I'll be guided by you. I bought the Hisense for them last night. Do you think it's worth waiting?
    Thanks!
    Hi Legend99.

It is really up you yourself if you want to try waiting on a LG arriving back into stock but at the minute I have no idea of when they might land again :(

Let me know so I can get the Hisense stopped as our mail order team will have it processed and it will get dispatched out to you.

Hi Legend,

ATVB,

john Mc & Crew 
    John,

Thanks!
     Hi Legend99.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks!
    Hi Legend99.

It is really up you yourself if you want to try waiting on a LG arriving back into stock but at the minute I have no idea of when they might land again :(

Let me know so I can get the Hisense stopped as our mail order team will have it processed and it will get dispatched out to you.
    Hi Kenny, 
    I assume at this price point that the Hisense and the LG would be much of a oneness?

Hi Legend,

ATVB,

john Mc & Crew 
    John,

Thanks!
     Hi Legend99.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks!
    Hi Legend99.

Hi Kenny, 
    I assume at this price point that the Hisense and the LG would be much of a oneness?
    Hi Legend99.

Yeah at that price point it is always very close between television.

Hi Legend,

ATVB,

john Mc & Crew 
    John,

Thanks!
     Hi Legend99.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks!
    Hi Legend99.

Hi Kenny, 
    Hi Legend99.

TV arrived and has been set-up. I'll now be engaged in providing customer support to them!

Thanks as always for the great service.

Hi Legend,

ATVB,

john Mc & Crew 
    John,

Thanks!
     Hi Legend99.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks!
    Hi Legend99.

Hi Kenny, 
    Hi Legend99.

TV arrived and has been set-up. I'll now be engaged in providing customer support to them!

Thanks as always for the great service.
    Hey Legend99.

Happy Days that the TV has arrived and it's up and running for them.

Thanks again for the business :) 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.