Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 NFL season - Week 12 thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Normally I’d say no but this is Jerry Jones and all that goes with it so maybe.

Yeah Garrett's tenure would suggest so.

The game was close when they went for the first one. It's not as if you are playing a KC and are desperate to not give the ball back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

So is the game Sunday is even more doubt ? I take you mean Baltimore Lamar.

there's no way at this point you could take to the field and say it's safe to play them if they're still discovering positives today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ravens have shut everything down until at least Monday. No chance they are putting those guys on a plane to Pittsburgh today or tomorrow.

League has to either put the week 18 system and extra playoff berth in place or make the Ravens forfeit.
    Or move the game to Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Some of those plays by Cowboys last night were mind boggling.

Dalton had zero protection all night and at times it’s the simple mistakes that are killing them.

Some of those plays by Cowboys last night were mind boggling.

Dalton had zero protection all night and at times it’s the simple mistakes that are killing them.
    And the trick plays were stupid. Not only that but the defense started doing a good job and then you decide to try a trick okay in your own half rather than punt and let your defense get a stop. Like what sort of a message is that to send to the defense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

eagle eye wrote: »
    Or move the game to Tuesday.

Ravens are due to play on Thursday though, unless they push that out to the Sunday. Nightmare for the league to sort out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That NFL statement on the ravens vs steelers game is a mess. It says “should the game be played on Tuesday” I mean that shows the league are in no way confident this game will even happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Very quiet tonight? :pac:

Very quiet tonight? :pac:

Well the eagles aren’t playing until tomorrow night so I’m just watching red zone and there’s been nothing of much note.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Is that block illegal in the Pats game?

Colt McCoy in at QB for the New York football giants. Danny dimes grabbed the back of his leg and is in the blue tent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Jeez Colt McCoy time

First pass screen for - yards

Second pass should have been picked

Disaster

I don’t know if this taunting stuff is maddening or just sad. Absolute joke.

Daniel Jones looks dome for the day. He went on the field for one play and didn’t look great. I know that buffalo is a good team but the chargers are the best 3-7 this season, because if a few things had gone their way then they wouldn’t be and Justin Herbert has played too good to be on a losing football team.

TD chargers.

• Advertisement

I'd be of the opinion that Colt McCoy is a better QB than Daniel Jones and that doesn't mean I rate McCoy very highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Falcons are a pretty solid 3-7 team as well. And showing the Raiders that. Roll on the fourth quaretr collapse I hope

The raiders are having a poor enough outing.

Another week, another example Cam is done.
    7 or 15 with 2 INTS

The jags doing their best rugby maul impression.

• Advertisement

The pats are blessed there that the cardinals missed their attempt at a FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

So excited for the Broncos game

Here comes the broncos game. I might switch over to that game once the early games all finish.

Masked Man wrote: »
    So excited for the Broncos game

It’s a genuinely unique situation.

The falcons have has their way with the raiders. Did you see that coming.

Okay Justin Herbert with that cannon.

Don’t run the ball there LA. Simple little things they do that are baffling.

Pat's sneak the win.
    Good thing we have a "19 straight Field goals" kicker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

All sorts happening in Minnesota

The chargers need to sort out these baffling decisions.

• Advertisement

A special teams TD on an onsides kick.

It might not be over in Minnesota.

Shank by the panthers kicker.

I know this broncos and saints game may be interesting but it’s not going to be one for the purists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

I know this broncos and saints game may be interesting but it’s not going to be one for the purists.

Well - at the end of the first quarter the Broncos have 26 yds and the Saints have 48 yds - and the score is 0-0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Well - at the end of the first quarter the Broncos have 26 yds and the Saints have 48 yds - and the score is 0-0

It will be death by a thousand cuts for denver.

This is an audition for Hill imo, and he's not showing he can be anything other than a #2

I'd be happy for all 3 Denver dud QBs to be sacked. Done with them. Bring Fitzpatrick in.

Testament to how good the 49ers are that they can be so competitive playing against one of the best teams in the NFC, even with all the injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

KC not even making this one worth watching so early. FFS. I can't even find refuge in my own team.

---

Can someone tell me why Anthony Lynn can't seem to figure out what to do with Time-outs at all? Baffling is right!

Mahomes and Hill absolutely abusing the Bucs

• Advertisement

The Saints are taking pity on the Broncos tonight. Seem content to run the clock....

It will be death by a thousand cuts for denver.

This is an audition for Hill imo, and he's not showing he can be anything other than a #2

I'd be happy for all 3 Denver dud QBs to be sacked. Done with them. Bring Fitzpatrick in.

Hill isn't even a #2 - he is a gadget STer

Lock has to the end of the season to show he can be an NFL QB - the jury is still out but its not looking great.

As for this shambles - the NFL screwed Denver - the Broncos sent several hours of surveillance tape from the QB meeting room, along with contact tracing data and interviews to the league on Friday morning. According to a Broncos source, while the quarterbacks weren't textbook in following the COVID protocols, the video sent to the league shows them wearing masks for extensive periods, distancing and in possession of tracers. The meeting took place in the Pat Bowlen Room - which is used for press conferences, so it is not a small room.

In reality this is a consequence of the shambolic nature of the Ellis Trust running the Broncos - a team with a visible owner would have been able to make the NFL back off and either allow the QBs to play or postponed the game - as they have done with many other teams this year.

The Trust running the team has to end by the end of this season - either Brittany Bowlen is put in charge (and Ellis is sent to retirement) or the team is sold to Robert Smith - preferably the second option.

Yeah, i actually meant to say Hill was a #3 at best.... That's why I thought they wanted to take a look, either that or to protect Winston in a game they were guaranteed to win.

I understand the Broncos could argue about a variety of mitigating factors, and overall I do feel they were a bit hard done by, i.e. They were at such a disadvantage and losing their bye week earlier for nothing they had done themselves, but the buck stops with the QBs as far as I'm concerned.

To leave a team quaterbackless (new word) in the middle of the season because you couldn't keep a mask on is unforgiveable imo.

Hill isn't even a #2 - he is a gadget STer

Lock has to the end of the season to show he can be an NFL QB - the jury is still out but its not looking great.

As for this shambles - the NFL screwed Denver - the Broncos sent several hours of surveillance tape from the QB meeting room, along with contact tracing data and interviews to the league on Friday morning. According to a Broncos source, while the quarterbacks weren't textbook in following the COVID protocols, the video sent to the league shows them wearing masks for extensive periods, distancing and in possession of tracers. The meeting took place in the Pat Bowlen Room - which is used for press conferences, so it is not a small room.

In reality this is a consequence of the shambolic nature of the Ellis Trust running the Broncos - a team with a visible owner would have been able to make the NFL back off and either allow the QBs to play or postponed the game - as they have done with many other teams this year.

The Trust running the team has to end by the end of this season - either Brittany Bowlen is put in charge (and Ellis is sent to retirement) or the team is sold to Robert Smith - preferably the second option.

I certainly hope he's The Cure for our ills.

At least they rams vs niners game is close because it’s not been the best late window of games ever. Also, having Patrick mahomes as my fantasy QB has worked well this week.

Yeah, i actually meant to say Hill was a #3 at best.... That's why I thought they wanted to take a look, either that or to protect Winston in a game they were guaranteed to win.

I understand the Broncos could argue about a variety of mitigating factors, and overall I do feel they were a bit hard done by, i.e. They were at such a disadvantage and losing their bye week earlier for nothing they had done themselves, but the buck stops with the QBs as far as I'm concerned.

To leave a team quaterbackless (new word) in the middle of the season because you couldn't keep a mask on is unforgiveable imo.
    The blame doesn't solely lie with the QBs - the sensible thing to do was have one QB isolated, working without being in contact with the others - then if 3 went down there was still one able to play. Putting the 4 QBs into the one room for a meeting was a daft thing to do and that is either down to the coaches or the administration (or both)

• Advertisement

It's still on for TB. Would suit me in our head to head league if TB wins despite me picking KC.

Stunning win for the 49ers I didn’t give them much hope tonight with all of those injuries.

Ball game in tampa.

It's still on for TB. Would suit me in our head to head league if TB wins despite me picking KC.

Narrator: It was not on for TB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,532 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I am some idiot playing Fant and Patrick on my fantasy with Broncos Offence like THAT (benched Claypool on the inkling the game won't go ahead). I probably wouldn't have beaten my Mahomes-owning opponent eitherways but egg is firmly on my face.

For some reason I thought they'd play short tosses to the WR and TE but it was actually hard to watch how badly disjointed it was.

• Advertisement
Advertisement