Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revamping IPhone 7

Options
  • 24-11-2020 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

I have an iPhone 7 for 5 years , has served me well . The screen is a bit damaged and battery dying quicker than it used but other than that I’m happy enough if I could sort them rather than getting a newer phone .
    If I was to fix screen and get new battery would it do me for another few years rather than getting new phone ? Or am I wasting my time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

LuasSimon wrote: »
    I have an iPhone 7 for 5 years , has served me well . The screen is a bit damaged and battery dying quicker than it used but other than that I’m happy enough if I could sort them rather than getting a newer phone .
    If I was to fix screen and get new battery would it do me for another few years rather than getting new phone ? Or am I wasting my time

I am on iPhone 6Plus and just recently seeing a few of my apps saying they had to install an older version of the app because the current app version needs ios13 and my phone doesn’t support ios13.

So, little by little you will be hit with apps that don’t work or have full features. But I reckon there is another year or two left for my iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

A local phone repair place to me quotes the 7 screen repair at €59 and the battery at €45. So for €104 (assuming prices are similar close to you), you'd have your phone back in good working order again.

The 7 supports iOS 14, so you're covered with the latest OS for the next year at least. Whether it'll support iOS 15, no one knows (I'd suspect it won't), but it's not like it'll just stop working. As aristotle25 says, there will be app updates you won't be able to get, but for the most part, the apps you have will continue to function fine. One exception would be banking apps, which sometimes require you to be on the latest version to access your accounts at all. I've an old iPhone 6 that the kids use (sans sim), and it's on iOS 12, running an ancient version of the Netflix app, but they can still watch all their shows on it no problem.

Advertisement