Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving water main and turning window into french doors

Options
  • 25-11-2020 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

Hi - We're getting a new kitchen in and remodeling a bit. On the remodeling, I'm looking to get my head round how big a job and roughly what it would cost to do the following before I look for quotes. Also, could a builder do all of this or do I need a plumber?

1. Turn a 200 wide x 100 high window into an opening to take french doors. Would get supply and fit for the doors from manufacturer. Would want the builder to make good. No electrics in the way.

2. The water main and kitchen sink are below the window. The cabinets along that wall are going and we're putting a new kitchen in just along the adjacent wall. So would need to move the mains across about 3 feet from A to B. Mains is pvc pipe. There is just slab under the cabinets, no tiles to deal with. There is a drain (2) on the outside corner of the house so I hope that would work for a new sink.

3. We want to block up a 100 x 100 window and make good the outside render. Tall cabinets will be going across that so not fussy about the interior finish.

4. We want to remove 2 stud walls that make up a small utility room and patch the ceiling and ends where the old studs meet the walls.

The plan is attached. Appreciate any help and advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Anyone have an idea on of the jobs?
    Cheers

Advertisement