Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas DEADLINE spells death knell of Covid: Yuletide Liveline

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Unlikely to be on two daze show:

What events can be run over Christmas. Lots of confusion about this.

Noisey builders. Drilling too much to take

Should frontline wurkers get a bonus, maybe a gift voucher.

Patrick Collins from yesterday [Clip]

Wash yizzer hands

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Confusion about new rules - there will be more confusion after joe tackles the topic

More noise levels- how many times will clip be played?

Bonus for front line workers? I got no bonus this year or any year for fear of what the public will think but it was double dole for some this week.

The missing girl story clip from yest. Looking back i think yest was one of the most boring shows in a while. More so the people than the topics, the self educated doctors etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

POSSIBLY on twodaze show dat I can't listen to so to speak as they say:

WAT events are allowed in hotels over Christmas and dat. More "confusion" (new word for Herr Duffy). Can a concert be allowed - wan a Herr Duffy's no doubt.

Noyiz levels again and dat.

Frontline Wurkers - should day get a bonus in de form of a waiving of fees, or a gift voucher so to speak?

A moving phone call from Patrick Collins whose sister was moooordered. Patrick wants his sister's remains returned. Completely inappropriate use of "Brilliant! Brilliant!" by Herr Duffy on dat clip.

Have a nice weekend folks, I won't be in.

Did anyone hear what's on twodaze show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Did anyone hear what's on twodaze show?

Whatever they may have heard, it will be something else entirely that will feature.:pac:

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Whatever they may have heard, it will be something else entirely that will feature.:pac:

We live in hope for something better then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Any news on the missing phone?

Did the ne'er do well who had fallen on hard times hand it in to the Presbytery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Did the ne'er do well who had fallen on hard times hand it in to the Presbytery?

More than likely it's in some dodgy mobile shop for sale, ne'er do well would have been lucky to get the price of a package of cigarettes for it.

First "so to speak" before 14.00?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

He put it into an open casket in the funeral home.

Unfortunately the coffin was buried in Joe's favourite graveyard Glasnevin Cemetery the following day.

Joe is currently trying to see if they can dig up the remains to get the phone.

• Advertisement

This was the one where none of the lads were wearing seatbelts after being out drinking.

BPKS wrote: »
    This was the one where none of the lads were wearing seatbelts after being out drinking.

Jesus! Will Duffy call this out?

Obviously this case has to go to a higher court with Chief Justice Duffy presiding!

Jesus! Will Duffy call this out?

He did - WOW. And double WOW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

How does a driver know if some passengers remove seat belts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    How does a driver know if some passengers remove seat belts?

Sensors go off in my car though this wouldn't happen with all cars.

M

6 in a car that can take 5, none in the back wearing a seatbelt, whoy did her 20 year old son get in to the car?

It's not the drivers responsibility for seat belts for passengers over 18 as far as I know? Passengers over 18 get fined if not wearing a belt, those below that age the driver gets fined.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

He sat in the back of a cat with three other people with no seatbelt on.

Is that really the drivers fault?

Waiting for first utterance of "boootiful buoy"

• Advertisement
    M

lertsnim wrote: »
    Sensors go off in my car though this wouldn't happen with all cars.

Yes not a lot of cars have it for the rear seats.

6 in a car that can take 5, none in the back wearing a seatbelt, whoy did her 20 year old son get in to the car?

It's not the drivers responsibility for seat belts for passengers over 18 as far as I know? Passengers over 18 get fined if not wearing a belt, those below that age the driver gets fined.

It's Liveline. The concept of personal responsibility is alien.

Knew that claim sounded questionable

He sat in the back of a cat with three other people with no seatbelt on.

Is that really the drivers fault?

Well the driver was drinking pints that night, then allowed 5 others get into his car and he ended up crashing so he must bear most - but not all - of the responsibility.

Fred West buried people in the back garden

Well the driver was drinking pints that night, then allowed 5 others get into his car and he ended up crashing so he must bear most - but not all - of the responsibility.

Agreed.

• Advertisement

I might sound heartless, but..

It was an accident. The driver didn't intend to hurt anyone. People who go out and intend to hurt people should go to prison. People who didn't should get a different punishment.

What does the caller want instead?

Bow-mount. Fecks sake Joe.

I wasnt aware that he'd been drinking. Then why did he get into the car with a drunk driver

Where is Joe going with this?
    The case was dealt with in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Lights on the pole. Yeah sure cause another accident at the same spot while you are at it.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

M

There was another case today where the driver was 6 times over the limit, doing 120 in an 80 and had some cocaine on him. A lot of these shock crashes are nothing to do with road safety or policing, it's fooking wreckless idiots and their thick friends taking part as passengers.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1204/1182370-donegal-crash-inquests/

• Advertisement

Personal information being chucked around like snuff at a wake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

I'm confused..
    Is she annoyed with the sentence your man, his friend got, as in thought it's too lenient?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I wonder have we moved away from the elephant in the room of personal responsibility.

Slick fringed goons who plough through walls, or worse yet, innocent parties in the early hours of the morning, eulogised from the altar as, "a great lad (or a beeeeuuuwwwtofil soul) who loved his cars". And not a word about their habitual recklessness.

I might sound heartless, but..

It was an accident. The driver didn't intend to hurt anyone. People who go out and intend to hurt people should go to prison. People who didn't should get a different punishment.

What does the caller want instead?

Bow-mount. Fecks sake Joe.

Not so sure.

She just said it was at 5am.

They had been boozing.

Now I would have no problem with a fella having 2 maybe 3 pints at a stretch and driving 3 or 4 km home but what this driver did is the reason that drink driving rules are what they are now.

Guy who i knew 25 years ago drove drunk with four others after a football match, guy in passenger seat tragically killed, others not a scratch including a relative of mine

Driver was not held responsible to the best of my knowledge

There was another case today where the driver was 6 times over the limit, doing 120 in an 80 and had some cocaine on him. A lot of these shock crashes are nothing to do with road safety or policing, it's fooking wreckless idiots and their thick friends taking part as passengers.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1204/1182370-donegal-crash-inquests/

I'm responsible for bitching at the gardai but there isnt a damn thing they can do to stop people like this apart from sitting in every car every time the driver sits into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

tupenny wrote: »
    I'm confused..
    Is she annoyed with the sentence your man, his friend got, as in thought it's too lenient?
    Seemingly yes

Personal information being chucked around like snuff at a wake.

Thought the same

What does she want ? ...........A head on a plate?

What's she looking for out of this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭john123470

Gorgeous young buoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

FFs Duffy if this show is a teachable moment.....can you say something about 6 fellas in a car flying around with afew drinks in them.

What about the insurance clains....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Four Christmas trees?!

DPP appeal I assume

M

I think she wants someone to suggest a gun was put to his head to get in to the car.

In a programme famed for pointless calls, this is ultra pointless.

I think she wants someone to suggest a gun was put to his head to get in to the car.

He definitely demonstrated poor judgement.

Where did he Wuuuurk the tractor?

On a hurling pitch, Joe.

M

Such a waste of life, these people will not learn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

I drum it into my kids do not drink and drive...............ive even gone and collected them as needed .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement